Photo

If you disagree with Trump on this you are an idiot. Anti-American.

55 replies to this topic

#41 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

I didnt know we were talking about Obama or Hillary I thought we were talking about Trump since he is the sitting president. In terms of P&L statements, how hard he worked etc, It doesn’t matter. What matters is that there is a pathway, real or apparent, to buy influence by enriching the family. That is a problem.

You are projecting the Clinton Foundation onto the Trump family plain and simple.  She/he have already committed all the crimes you are so worried about Trump committing in the future.  Now if we could just get an Attorney General with a set of balls.  If Jeff Sessions doesn't get proved to be playing possum until the IG report comes out, he should be fired yesterday.  Totally worthless individual at this time.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#42 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

35051402_1929587267073439_61062940070447

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe"     Albert Einstein

ninja_cat___animated_by_raynebowbear-d32

Tri Cities Buzz Forum at.....

http://bcvoice.boards.net/

#43 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Of course I’m familiar with people fudging numbers. Usually it is accompanied by documentation as it is a serious charge. I see none of that - just an unverifiable what if. But, refer to my previous post. So when the conspiracy theory unravels resort to name calling, misunderstood psychobabel, and assigning nefarious motives to the person doing the unraveling. You’ve hit the baker trifecta.

He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. If he had invested the money from his father in the S&P and left it alone he would be way ahead of whatever the real number is for his net worth, without ripping off contractors and multiple bankruptcies. Yeah, financial wizard.....

I didnt know we were talking about Obama or Hillary I thought we were talking about Trump since he is the sitting president. In terms of P&L statements, how hard he worked etc, It doesn’t matter. What matters is that there is a pathway, real or apparent, to buy influence by enriching the family. That is a problem.

So in your previous posts you accused others of fudging numbers, and stated that it was a serious matter.  Then when I point out your made up numbers, now none of that matters. 

Now you're saying it's some real or imaginary pathway blah blah blah...

Way to move that goalpost... 

99 posts in 10 years as a member of the forum.  Did you sleep through the Obama administration?

#44 Jacksonx3

Jacksonx3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:10 PM

Ok, I’ll give this one more volley but it is really getting old. First, try reading the thread. The response about fudging numbers came when the tariff numbers I provided from the government website were disregarded by another member because anyone can fudge numbers. I didn’t accuse anyone of fudging numbers.

The best net worth info I can find comes from politifact. It states that the trump organization was worth about 40 million in 1974. Some say higher some say lower. Using an online calculation from DQYDJ financial, the average rate of return for the S&P from May 74 -May 18 was 11.2%. Again, with a simple online calculator, 40,000,000 at 11.2% with reinvested dividends and no further cash investment becomes $4,055,389,540. Estimates of his current net worth vary widely.

The diversion you threw about P&L numbers for Mar a lago again missed the point - profiting from the presidency isn’t customary. I keep hearing about Obama’s and Hillary- they are not relevant to the discussion. Trump is president. He ran for the office. It comes with conditions -no matter what path you took to get there. We will shortly have an answer as to whether laws were broken, but I certainly see nothing even vaguely resembling draining the swamp going on. So far the witch hunt has apparently produced several witches. Time, and only time, will tell. If someday there are charges against previous administrations so be it - that’s what our system of justice is for. I know, I know, the storm is coming. But as of today it’s not even sprinkling.

In terms of frequency of posting, I really don’t remember politics being as omnipresent as it is now. I’ve been a long time member but really prefer to learn from others by reading rather than posting. It’s gotten pretty deep lately though. As I said in an earlier post, McDonalds doesn’t trash Burger King because they know it destroys the category. In this case America and Americans are the category. Tribalism is an issue on both sides of the political aisle. I hope we soon tire of it.

#45 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

35229207_1888806764751793_36215003307447

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe"     Albert Einstein

ninja_cat___animated_by_raynebowbear-d32

Tri Cities Buzz Forum at.....

http://bcvoice.boards.net/

#46 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

Ok, I’ll give this one more volley but it is really getting old. First, try reading the thread. The response about fudging numbers came when the tariff numbers I provided from the government website were disregarded by another member because anyone can fudge numbers. I didn’t accuse anyone of fudging numbers.

The best net worth info I can find comes from politifact. It states that the trump organization was worth about 40 million in 1974. Some say higher some say lower. Using an online calculation from DQYDJ financial, the average rate of return for the S&P from May 74 -May 18 was 11.2%. Again, with a simple online calculator, 40,000,000 at 11.2% with reinvested dividends and no further cash investment becomes $4,055,389,540. Estimates of his current net worth vary widely.

The diversion you threw about P&L numbers for Mar a lago again missed the point - profiting from the presidency isn’t customary. I keep hearing about Obama’s and Hillary- they are not relevant to the discussion. Trump is president. He ran for the office. It comes with conditions -no matter what path you took to get there. We will shortly have an answer as to whether laws were broken, but I certainly see nothing even vaguely resembling draining the swamp going on. So far the witch hunt has apparently produced several witches. Time, and only time, will tell. If someday there are charges against previous administrations so be it - that’s what our system of justice is for. I know, I know, the storm is coming. But as of today it’s not even sprinkling.

In terms of frequency of posting, I really don’t remember politics being as omnipresent as it is now. I’ve been a long time member but really prefer to learn from others by reading rather than posting. It’s gotten pretty deep lately though. As I said in an earlier post, McDonalds doesn’t trash Burger King because they know it destroys the category. In this case America and Americans are the category. Tribalism is an issue on both sides of the political aisle. I hope we soon tire of it.

You are flat out trying to get ahead of bad news on how fascist democrats go to government and become multimillionaires.  That is all you are doing.  You are way too late.  America is woke AF.  Mueller poll numbers tanking big time.  People know how Clinton, Feinstein, Mad Maxine, Pelosi, all of them push marxism on the population while making themselves ultra rich on our dime.  All of it is out there for public consumption and it is being consumed in record numbers.  The fascist left will be scrubbed from American politics.  You are wasting your time.  But if that is what you want to do I'm liberal enough to know you should be free to do it.  Carry on.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#47 Jacksonx3

Jacksonx3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Sounds like we may have common ground in the belief that big money in politics is a cancer.  Above or below board.

#48 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:22 PM

Sounds like we may have common ground in the belief that big money in politics is a cancer.  Above or below board.

I totally agree with that.  It should be Public Service, not enriching one's self at the expense of the public.  There's way too many people getting very wealthy while supposedly employed as public servants.  Influence peddling is a very lucrative endeavor.  Nancy Pelosi, the Clintons... It's on both sides of the one party system they force upon us.

I posted a step in the right direction here.

#49 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

Yeah.  Only stupid, unsuccessful and poor people should want to enter public service or obtain high office.

If it doesn't pay fair wages you can't enter it UNLESS you already have a financial cushion.

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#50 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

Probably not how you think though.  I don't think it is wrong for a billionaire real estate and service economy master like Trump to seek public office.  I'm talking about the scumbags who seek public office to get rich by prostituting themselves and using insider information.  You are trying to compare Trump, who already had everything you could dream of, with scumbags like Mad Maxine, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer who only go into politics because they can't make a life for themselves without sucking the tit of taxpayers.

#51 Jacksonx3

Jacksonx3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

I understood who you were talking about, we do have common ground. If there is evidence that any of the follks you named broke the law I am 100% with you. Additionally, if there is evidence that they followed the letter but not the spirit of the law, I’m all for them being voted out of office. Money in politics is cancer, regardless of which side.

I also have no issue with someone with huge resources running for office. Where we may part company, however is that I believe that To hold office they need to be held to the same standard as other public servants in terms of appearance of conflict of interest. People of great wealth often are insulated from rules that apply to ordinary citizens. This may be ok in private life, but not in the presidency. Another way that we part company is the belief that there would ever be enough money and power that Trump would be satisfied and not use the office to seek more. I believe that his wealth accumulation shows that he is more motivated by accumulating money than the average person, not less. As such, I believe that he would be more likely to make decisions based solely on self interest than the average person, not less

#52 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Don't leave the last dude out he left a mega millionaire as well as his wife.

Trump is doing a fantastic job!

#53 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

I understood who you were talking about, we do have common ground. If there is evidence that any of the follks you named broke the law I am 100% with you. Additionally, if there is evidence that they followed the letter but not the spirit of the law, I’m all for them being voted out of office. Money in politics is cancer, regardless of which side.

I also have no issue with someone with huge resources running for office. Where we may part company, however is that I believe that To hold office they need to be held to the same standard as other public servants in terms of appearance of conflict of interest. People of great wealth often are insulated from rules that apply to ordinary citizens. This may be ok in private life, but not in the presidency. Another way that we part company is the belief that there would ever be enough money and power that Trump would be satisfied and not use the office to seek more. I believe that his wealth accumulation shows that he is more motivated by accumulating money than the average person, not less. As such, I believe that he would be more likely to make decisions based solely on self interest than the average person, not less

So from my perspective where we part company is you think Trump would give up the big life for this shit, just to make more money.  To me that is insane.  I can't go there with you.  I've posted this video here a few times.  He flat out tells you why he ran.  Put your bias aside, pay attention to what he says.  Watch it.  He knew they would try to destroy him for what he was about to do.  I challenge anyone to find a speech like this EVER given by a person seeking the highest political office in America.  Even Ronald Reagan did not have these balls.  He is doing what he said in this speech.  It is why he will win 40 states in 2020.

#54 Jacksonx3

Jacksonx3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Time will tell. The democrats seem to be doing everything they can to get Trump re-elected. I think 2020 will be closer than you do, but neither of us really will know until it happens. This midterm will tell us a great deal. I am skeptical about the blue wave that is being predicted, again Democrats continue to virtually ensure that they will remain in the minority by choosing issues to rally around that exclude large swaths of the population. We should have a better idea of the impact of policy changes (tax, tariff, health care, foreign ) on the economy by 2020 - ultimately that will drive the election more than any social issues blue or red.

#55 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Time will tell. The democrats seem to be doing everything they can to get Trump re-elected. I think 2020 will be closer than you do, but neither of us really will know until it happens. This midterm will tell us a great deal. I am skeptical about the blue wave that is being predicted, again Democrats continue to virtually ensure that they will remain in the minority by choosing issues to rally around that exclude large swaths of the population. We should have a better idea of the impact of policy changes (tax, tariff, health care, foreign ) on the economy by 2020 - ultimately that will drive the election more than any social issues blue or red.

I agree democrats are committing suicide.  Almost seems on purpose.  It is like they have to do it to avoid what Trump says in the video.  Some kind of weird deal worked out.  Can we stay out of jail if we self destruct?  I'm telling you, Trump never says something he doesn't bust his balls to accomplish.  Can you imagine what they think when they watch that video?  Democrats are shitting themselves and it is quite obvious on the public side watching them.

#56 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

Trump may not be perfect, he certainly doesn't deserve the disrespect that the media and the talk show host are throwing at him. Trump IS doing what he said he would and making ground. The Dems truly are shitting their pants they know winning on 2020 is a near impossible task. God Bless Trump! HE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users