3 replies to this topic

#1 uncle Festus

uncle Festus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

It's been over 3 weeks since the train was speeding 80 MPH on a 30 MPH curve and then crashed. What possible reason can there be that we haven't been told why the damn train was speeding? I can't think of any reason that we haven't been told.

#2 thomas

thomas

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Instead of real investigative reporting we get tabloid journalism.

List of train accidents since 2010:

https://en.wikipedia...2010–present)

#3 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

I was in Seattle when it happened...it was a new run. I dunno for sure, but will guess that there was inadequate training and trial runs so that the operators could learn the run. Too much pressure to get it going.

#4 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

I don't know if this comes up on CIAGoogle, I only use it to really piss them off these days.  On another search engine the latest statement I see is from 12/22 and NBTS says the investigation will last 12-24 months.  Other notes.

*Inward-facing video with audio captured the crew’s actions and their conversations. A forward-facing video with audio captured conditions in front of the locomotive as well as external sounds.

*The crew was not observed to use any personal electronic devices during the timeframe reviewed.
*About six seconds prior to the derailment, the engineer made a comment regarding an over speed condition.
*The engineer’s actions were consistent with the application of the locomotive’s brakes just before the recording ended. It did not appear the engineer placed the brake handle in emergency-braking mode.
*The recording ended as the locomotive was tilting and the crew was bracing for impact.
*The final recorded speed of the locomotive was 78 mph.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users