Myopic BC Exec needs to refocus

54 replies to this topic

#41 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

His mother and I have been hanging tough for years, thank you for your concern....No we can't kick these people to the curb....They're people like you and I only they have an addiction...Think not....We've had Judges, down to the addicts on the street addicted to this poison no one is immune...It's sucks the life out of everyone....You have to ask yourself ...With the amount of heroin that is used each day by all the addicts  in the US....Which I imagine to run into a couple of tons or more....Just how is this much stuff getting in ????.....Are we not at war in the mid east where a lot of this crap is coming from ????.....I know the Chinese control the ports but who is controlling the Chinese ???...I'm sorry there is just to much coming in for someone not to turn a blind eye....

During the Vietnam war they were stuffing it down the throats and up the ass of dead soldiers being flown home.  Any wonder why I come across as radical and extremely cynical of our beloved government that everybody steps on their dicks over, trying to get to the polls, all patriotic feeling, on election day?  Afghanistan replaced the golden triangle of Vietnam etc. as the number one supplier of heroin.  Where has our military been for over a decade again??  Funny how we have a heroin epidemic isn't it.  But there is a chance it is just coincidence.........................

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#42 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

During the Vietnam war they were stuffing it down the throats and up the ass of dead soldiers being flown home.  Any wonder why I come across as radical and extremely cynical of our beloved government that everybody steps on their dicks over, trying to get to the polls, all patriotic feeling, on election day?  Afghanistan replaced the golden triangle of Vietnam etc. as the number one supplier of heroin.  Where has our military been for over a decade again??  Funny how we have a heroin epidemic isn't it.  But there is a chance it is just coincidence.........................

I'm with you bro....Apparently most forget about the Iran Contra dealings.....

Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. -- Clark Moustakas

#43 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Well, in a perfect world, everybody would be raised in a two parent home by two smart individuals who provide the proper guidance, nurturing, love and support so that their offspring see no need to experiment with and become addicted to substances that are illegal and potentially fatal. As you know, we don't live in a perfect world and aggravatingly, many of the specimens who've been unleashed on the world are ill equipped for the rigors of life and end up weak of will and character. Their choice to make illegal injected substances their security blankies is NOT our problem. Having police officers going around and reviving these people is an outrage. Having politicians holding daily press conferences to call for spending tax dollars on facilities and programs to "fix" these people is an outrage. I feel absolutely zero sympathy or empathy for anyone who chooses the path to addiction. Every single pathetic addiction problem starts with a conscious choice.

I'm not going back and forth on what you know about addictions, your posts tell me enough...You really do need education on this subject....As far as your perfect world concept...LMFAO HARD....To dream the impossible dream pal....Take a look at the real world around you....Tell me what do you see ?????

Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. -- Clark Moustakas

#44 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

You're right about that, but someone should put them all on notice that THIS is not the issue on the majority of Broome County Residents' priorities lists and they ought to devote way more time to jobs, infrastructure, economic development and overall quality of life issues that people around here really DO care about. The three people making such a big issue out of these "poor" addicted "victims" are people who either ran against individuals that had been stained with corruption and/or were initially appointed to fill unexpired terms and then ran against cardboard candidates to win full terms. Garner's biggest asset: he wasn't Preston. Cornwell's victory was way more about that he wasn't Mollen than it was on any singular issue. Akshar was a reluctant candidate who was in the right place at the right time. They have OTHER jobs to do.

You are a pipe dreamer aren't you ????....."they ought to devote way more time to jobs, infrastructure, economic development and overall quality of life issues that people around here really DO care about"......​Isn't that what a politician promises you everytime they open their mouth ?????...How's that going for ya ????.....Want to get something done around here....stop giving to the privileged few...There's a start for you....

Got a question for you genius....How do all the Judges, Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, Housewife's, Husbands, other professionals and such that are addicted  land on your "dirty person" lists ????.....

#45 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Oh and by the way in regards to your cracks about Garner and Cornwell.....Well from my point of few they've already done more then the last 2.......And they're just starting....

#46 Common Sense

Common Sense

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

You are a pipe dreamer aren't you ????....."they ought to devote way more time to jobs, infrastructure, economic development and overall quality of life issues that people around here really DO care about"......​Isn't that what a politician promises you everytime they open their mouth ?????...How's that going for ya ????.....Want to get something done around here....stop giving to the privileged few...There's a start for you....

Got a question for you genius....How do all the Judges, Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, Housewife's, Husbands, other professionals and such that are addicted  land on your "dirty person" lists ????.....

Still the same charming specimen you've always been, Parmesan. I don't really care whether you agree with my opinion or whether you believe I actually am educated on the subject of addiction. You're clearly not the open minded type and are only so defensive about this because you're an addict yourself and your kid is a trouble maker who ended up behind bars. And you want to lecture someone else about right and wrong? I never used the phrase "dirty person" in referring to addicts. You did. And I don't care what profession anyone has - if they made the choice to launch themselves on the road to addiction, that's on THEM. Let THEM fix the problems they created for themselves. I want a grand total of zero public dollars spent on these non-victims. Tell us, oh wise one, exactly WHAT Garner and Cornwell have done that's so noteworthy so far other than talk about ways to spend other people's money to "fix" drug addicts?

#47 Bingoloid

Bingoloid

Ruler of the Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

You're clearly not the open minded type and are only so defensive about this because you're an addict yourself and your kid is a trouble maker who ended up behind bars.

This is the same fallacy leftists used to use against Ayaan Hirsi Ali. "You're only so upset about radical Islam because you grew up in Somalia."

The obvious reply is that this person may be so defensive about this because their experiences have given them an understanding of the reality of the issue that the rest of us lack.

And I don't care what profession anyone has - if they made the choice to launch themselves on the road to addiction, that's on THEM. Let THEM fix the problems they created for themselves. I want a grand total of zero public dollars spent on these non-victims.

Out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about type II diabetes or the laundry-list of smoking-related illnesses?

He's the hero Binghamton deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Bingoloid.

#48 mikeyme56

mikeyme56

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

just to inject a new/different note, what about those who are addicted to government hand outs?......its not just the poor.....the mega rich get their share too.....how about everyone try just a little to take care of themselves......i know....i will get dumped on.....but it just seems to me that asking government to solve all your problems is pie in the sky.....just my opinion.

like many.....trust few......paddle your own freakin canoe

#49 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

just to inject a new/different note, what about those who are addicted to government hand outs?......its not just the poor.....the mega rich get their share too.....how about everyone try just a little to take care of themselves......i know....i will get dumped on.....but it just seems to me that asking government to solve all your problems is pie in the sky.....just my opinion.

I'm with you on that.  It boils down to the system we have allowed to be created.  Think about this.  Why does it cost anything for a human being to just live on this planet?  Really think about that.  Whatever happened right after the point that it was free, as it should be, has created this entire mess of dependency.  I'll bet the first thing that happened was an offer of security in exchange for something and it has been down hill ever since.  People come and go, die young, die old, ruin their life in all sorts of ways.  That just is what existence here is.  Somehow a small number of mentally ill people have convinced us otherwise and they profit from our mere existence.  The good news is it seems to be cycling around again.  They are toast.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#50 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

This is the same fallacy leftists used to use against Ayaan Hirsi Ali. "You're only so upset about radical Islam because you grew up in Somalia."

The obvious reply is that this person may be so defensive about this because their experiences have given them an understanding of the reality of the issue that the rest of us lack.

Out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about type II diabetes or the laundry-list of smoking-related illnesses?

I'm with you on that.  It boils down to the system we have allowed to be created.  Think about this.  Why does it cost anything for a human being to just live on this planet?  Really think about that.  Whatever happened right after the point that it was free, as it should be, has created this entire mess of dependency.  I'll bet the first thing that happened was an offer of security in exchange for something and it has been down hill ever since.  People come and go, die young, die old, ruin their life in all sorts of ways.  That just is what existence here is.  Somehow a small number of mentally ill people have convinced us otherwise and they profit from our mere existence.  The good news is it seems to be cycling around again.  They are toast.

Thank you gentlemen...I couldn't have said it better....What we have lost in this country is Common Sense, Respect, and Responsibility....Seems like it's not taught anymore...And when it comes to this drug, those are the first things stripped from you... 

I don't make excuses for my son, his choices are his choices....however when you have a monkey on your back it makes it difficult to walk the straight line...And I am a FIRM believer of a Hands Up not Hand Out approach...Some people don't realize how serious of a problem this is and it's right there before their eyes....Thing that gets me is that Drug companies are still handing it out like candy knowing full well the effects....WTH...There are other alternatives to pain that should be explored before getting a pill to handle the worlds ills.....

Yo Common Sense.... you know nothing of me....but if you want to know just ask......And I do have an open mind...I respond to your posts don't I ???....

#51 The Wanker

The Wanker

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts
  • Interests:Who needs an OTK?

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

you have to be "a little clean" with a clear mind to get clean.  

This is not always the case.

Granted, a rehab will usually not take in someone who's high at the time of intake, but they also don't require that you be clean for any length of time (in terms of days) to get admitted.

When is licking a face not an appropriate reply?

#52 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

This is not always the case.

Granted, a rehab will usually not take in someone who's high at the time of intake, but they also don't require that you be clean for any length of time (in terms of days) to get admitted.

I hate to disagree with you but from my experiences they wanted a person clean for a week first before they would consider treatment.......This was through ACBC...And you couldn't get in for treatment unless you went through ACBC.... 

#53 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Wanker know all about not being clean

#54 Common Sense

Common Sense

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

I don't make excuses for my son, his choices are his choices....however when you have a monkey on your back it makes it difficult to walk the straight line...And I am a FIRM believer of a Hands Up not Hand Out approach...Some people don't realize how serious of a problem this is and it's right there before their eyes....Thing that gets me is that Drug companies are still handing it out like candy knowing full well the effects....WTH...There are other alternatives to pain that should be explored before getting a pill to handle the worlds ills.....

Yo Common Sense.... you know nothing of me....but if you want to know just ask......And I do have an open mind...I respond to your posts don't I ???....

I actually didn't start this thread to argue with anyone about the subject of addiction. Obviously, my feelings on it are pretty strong and - I think - factually based. It is my contention that virtually every single drug/alcohol addiction began with a personal choice. You took that first drink, you snorted that first line, you stuck that first needle in your arm. I started this thread to express my disgust that these newly elected representatives seem to be devoting WAY too much time to finding public dollars to "help" people who have followed a stupid, dangerous and deadly path OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL. Years ago, when I was experiencing a medical condition, I was prescribed by my doctor Percocet. I took the Percocet when the pain got tough enough to be an issue. When the medical condition and the pain stopped, I stopped taking the Percocet. And I, from birth, for reasons I won't bore anyone with, was pre-disposed to be an addictive personality. And guess what? I decided NOT to be an addict. Doesn't mean life isn't tough, but I just decided I could fight through the challenges without resorting to mind altering substances. If I can do it, anyone can. Garner, Akshar and Cornwell all need to devote their energies to issues that most people around here really care about. While you clearly disagree, I submit that heroin is NOT among the average Broome County taxpayers' highest priorities, nor should it be. 

#55 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

I actually didn't start this thread to argue with anyone about the subject of addiction. Obviously, my feelings on it are pretty strong and - I think - factually based. It is my contention that virtually every single drug/alcohol addiction began with a personal choice. You took that first drink, you snorted that first line, you stuck that first needle in your arm. I started this thread to express my disgust that these newly elected representatives seem to be devoting WAY too much time to finding public dollars to "help" people who have followed a stupid, dangerous and deadly path OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL. Years ago, when I was experiencing a medical condition, I was prescribed by my doctor Percocet. I took the Percocet when the pain got tough enough to be an issue. When the medical condition and the pain stopped, I stopped taking the Percocet. And I, from birth, for reasons I won't bore anyone with, was pre-disposed to be an addictive personality. And guess what? I decided NOT to be an addict. Doesn't mean life isn't tough, but I just decided I could fight through the challenges without resorting to mind altering substances. If I can do it, anyone can. Garner, Akshar and Cornwell all need to devote their energies to issues that most people around here really care about. While you clearly disagree, I submit that heroin is NOT among the average Broome County taxpayers' highest priorities, nor should it be. 

Oh don't get me wrong I fully agree addicts made a personal choice at the very start...but it doesn't take long before there is no choice...And once  that bridge is crossed there is hell to pay....This isn't your usual  booze addiction, not to say one is better than the other, but when this one grabs you by the shorthairs it doesn't let go as easily....You would not believe the people I've seen suffer through this and most are people you would never suspect.....

Yes... there is other things that money could be spent on, but then again that was always the case even before we've been handed this crisis....

BTW...I'm happy you were smart enough to avoid the pain of this addiction I would not wish that on anyone.....

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users