Photo

Breaking: Lawsuit filed on 3/17 against Chief Zikuski and Binghamton/JC Police by the family of James Clark (Wilson Hospital Shooter) for Negligence

25 replies to this topic

#1 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

Yours truly Ronald Benjamin has served a Lawsuit on Chief Zikuski and Binghamton/JC police dated 3/17. This lawsuit accuses Zikuski of Negligence, suppressing factual information of the responding police officers at the scene for not following proper protocol on handling Mr. Clark and a host of other accusations. Below is the link to the lawsuit filed on the broome county clerks records site. Enjoy!

https://www.searchiq...Doc=C|100682582

#2 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

Hope the City doesn't get a negligence suit for the BU kid's death.

#3 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

Link has error.

#4 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Transracialphobic Climate Change Denier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Interests:Show me a ghetto, and I'll show you an area governed by democrats.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

Yours truly Ronald Benjamin has served a Lawsuit on Chief Zikuski and Binghamton/JC police dated 3/17. This lawsuit accuses Zikuski of Negligence, suppressing factual information of the responding police officers at the scene for not following proper protocol on handling Mr. Clark and a host of other accusations. Below is the link to the lawsuit filed on the broome county clerks records site. Enjoy!

https://www.searchiq...Doc=C|100682582

So you're Ronald Benjamin?

#5 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

No Ron Benjamin here

#6 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Link has error.

It happens for some reason. If you go to searchiqs.com and plug in Zikuski name it will come up

#7 Reddi Killowatt

Reddi Killowatt

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

This is a bullshit lawsuit...the guy attacked DW Smith in his own patrol car, and this guy took Smith's gun and shot him...there's no way the police even had a chance to contain Clark when Clark had never even allowed the officer to get out of his car. And when the 2nd officer arrived to the scene, and was being shot at by Clark, the 2nd officer had every right to shoot back to defend himself. I hope the judge who see's this throw's this lawsuit right out. 

#8 Bingoloid

Bingoloid

Ruler of the Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

I hope Ron's taking this on contingency, for the family's sake.
He's the hero Binghamton deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Bingoloid.

#9 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Who the HELL was supposed to "contain Jimmy"...???

#10 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
  • Interests:Ronald Reagan: "If fascism ever comes to America it will come in the name of liberalism."

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

This family needs to be shamed and ostracized in the community.

#11 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

This family needs to be shamed and ostracized in the community.

They live in Greene, there not from this community really

#12 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hope the City doesn't get a negligence suit for the BU kid's death.

I'm sure the city of Binghamton will quickly settle out of court after the property insurance (92 court st ) company settles

#13 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
  • Interests:Ronald Reagan: "If fascism ever comes to America it will come in the name of liberalism."

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

They live in Greene, there not from this community really

I am quite familiar with Greene.  It is not that far away. 

Most of them come here to shop.  I see half of Greene in Sam's Club.

I remember after the shooting, the general consensus of the community is that the Clarks were victims too, just like the Smith family.  I don't see it that way anymore.

#14 Bingking

Bingking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

I hope Ron's taking this on contingency, for the family's sake.

Oh I'm sure he charged the family a retainer of at least $2500 to take on this case. Heck about ten years ago I came to his office for a consultation and before he would even begin to look at my case to see if I had a Cause of Action he wanted $2500 upfront just to review a set of documents before he would give me an answer. Luckily I met a much more reasonable local attorney who took on my case for a modified contingency rate and worked like hell for results

#15 JB 2

JB 2

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Was that incident not about 5-6 years ago?

Things must be getting better when it took this long to find a judge willing to hear it. Or possibly someone realizes Common Sense will again be used in Law Suits so better take a shot at it now? Or does the lawyer think he has a sympathetic ear in City Hall who will settle without a fight?

Sorry for the negativity but is it not against the law to physically take the sidearm of a Police Officer? Is it not against the law to threaten another Officer and civilians with said stolen weapon?

Yeah I know I was not there but from what I recall from all reporting of the incident at the time, including witnesses it smells dirty to me.  Sho am glad I no longer pay taxes in Broome/Binghamton.

#16 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

March 31, 2014. 

#17 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

And one of the stories I think of when I hear all the BLM whining about "unarmed"... :angry:

#18 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Just what are the allegations? That the one officer didn't die fast enough as he was being murdered?.....or that the other didn't get murdered as well. This BS law suit needs to be tossed out like last weeks trash! 

dt-101.jpg

"Strategic escape, it's like running away only manlier"

Madagascar Penguins

#19 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

I am quite familiar with Greene.  It is not that far away. 

Most of them come here to shop.  I see half of Greene in Sam's Club.

I remember after the shooting, the general consensus of the community is that the Clarks were victims too, just like the Smith family.  I don't see it that way anymore.

Just so no one gets the wrong impression about what I wrote, I meant that the Clark's were victims because according to them, jimmie  had no "Symptoms" of his illness.

I did not believe at the time that he did not have any symptoms and to this day I do not believe that he showed no symptoms.  I have never heard of anyone going over the edge the first time and ending like this.  He had to have symptoms before the incident.

#20 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

It sounded like the PD's should've had counselors and/or therapists there to "contain Jimmy" and handle his mental breakdown.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users