21 replies to this topic

#1 mulligan

mulligan

Impeach Trump!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

What should trump do about North Korea? Sanctions or military option? Im not in favor of a preemptive strike but in this case it may be warrented. China urges diplomatic talk so if we go to war i believe China will back up North Korea. Thoughts?

#2 sportsexpert

sportsexpert

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

The North Korea situation is getting more complicated by the day. South Korea is in political chaos as their president has been removed, so our partnership with South Korea could take a turn for the worst in the near future.

The fact that China has North Koreas back is what makes North Korea very troublesome. Why China supports North Korea, we may never know. At the least I would imagine they do not want a war to break out, especially right on their border.

Knowing what I know, which isn't much, I think we have to stay on the diplomatic side of this situation. Any pre-emptive strike will cause a chain of events that will be uncontrollable. The current situation is not ideal, but it is stable as it can be even though North Korea is a loose cannon. An asasination or coup of Kim Jong-un might be the solution, but is probably a very complex risk as well.

If North Korea strikes Japan or South Korea, we will probably be very close to a Third World War. North Koreas suicidial tendencies very well could bring us to the brink of chaos.

#3 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

It's easy. NK would be useful pawns, for China, in a war. China thinks long game, unlike the West.

#4 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

What does Senator Gillibrand have to say? Nothing. She sits on the Senate armed services committee but she's too busy shooting her big mouth off about Betsy Devos, Neil Gorsuch, and Elaine Chao. She voted against the waiver for General Mattis and she alone voted against his confirmation. AND NOW, she's too busy with the  multiple Armed Services Sex Scandals where videos of soldiers ,IN UNIFORM having orgies, can be seen on Facebook or You Tube. CAN'T BLAME THAT ON PRESIDENT TRUMP OR GENERAL MATTIS, SWEETHEART. She needs to be dismissed off of that committee,TODAY. 

#5 Jack McGurn

Jack McGurn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

What does Senator Gillibrand have to say? Nothing. She sits on the Senate armed services committee but she's too busy shooting her big mouth off about Betsy Devos, Neil Gorsuch, and Elaine Chao. She voted against the waiver for General Mattis and she alone voted against his confirmation. AND NOW, she's too busy with the  multiple Armed Services Sex Scandals where videos of soldiers ,IN UNIFORM having orgies, can be seen on Facebook or You Tube. CAN'T BLAME THAT ON PRESIDENT TRUMP OR GENERAL MATTIS, SWEETHEART. She needs to be dismissed off of that committee,TODAY.

Dont't wish to turn this into a bash Gillibrand's thread, but first and foremost it must be recognized that the lady sees herself as Hillary's replacement as the next female Presidential candidate from the Dems. From that all her "strategic" actions....or inactions....flow.

The fact that she represents all of what most middle Amercians voted against.....is irrelevant. She's the typical fringe politician whose pandering positions fit perfectly with the left side of right coast America. Too filled with herself to see that there will be many many female politicians or non politicians.....vying to ride that same horse in the rodeo. The winner will inevitably have to move to the middle of the road to retrieve the critical middle of the road votes that her Party lost. And so far, she's foolishly continues to cooki with recipes from the Sanders-Warren cookbook.....and obviously is comfortable doing it.

#6 Bluestar

Bluestar

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

I don't think the Dems will look to her.....she maybe well known in NY but that's about as far as she would go.....My bet would be Andy Cuomo.....a dream his daddy always had but never had the backing to win it. Cuomo is your typical POS crooked politician and our wonderful Leftist Libbies would give their blood to back him.......sad thing is he probably would win too.

#7 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

China's biggest concerns are a huge influx of NK refugees into northern China, and having SK and the US on their border.

China would love the mineral rich northern part of NK.

China will play the long game, as always. Negotions with NK result in nothing. Pre-emptive strikes would kill millions. We need to engage with China and split the pot. Let's see if "The Art Of The Deal" is real or not.

#8 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

LMFAO!

#9 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

China's biggest concerns are a huge influx of NK refugees into northern China, and having SK and the US on their border.

China would love the mineral rich northern part of NK.

China will play the long game, as always. Negotions with NK result in nothing. Pre-emptive strikes would kill millions. We need to engage with China and split the pot. Let's see if "The Art Of The Deal" is real or not.

Just like China is trying to divie up Vietnam right now. Forget Russia, we're going to be dealing with China for many a years! 

dt-101.jpg

"Strategic escape, it's like running away only manlier"

Madagascar Penguins

#10 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

We sure are Caveman...so let's get North Korea out of the equation ;)

#11 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

You want a war, snowflakes? Keep driving 45's poll numbers down..

#12 OTR

OTR

The Whiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Pre-emptive strikes would kill millions.

Sadly, and scarily, that would still be a net gain for North Koreans.

#13 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

True that OTR...on both sides.

#14 sportsexpert

sportsexpert

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

You want a war, snowflakes? Keep driving 45's poll numbers down..

With all due respect, no one is more responsible for driving down 45's numbers than himself? Take Twitter away from this blow hard and he might have 50% approval rating by now. He reallly is his own worst enemy.

#15 WolfMan

WolfMan

Den Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
  • Interests:Strolls in the forest, especially during a full moon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Take Twitter away from this blow hard and he might have 50% approval rating by now. He reallly is his own worst enemy.

I was glad he won considering his opponent, but a year ago did not want him in the Oval.

From the moment he got the Nom I was hoping the people he listens to the closest would get him to clean up his act, but it did not happen.

I've been saying the same as you all of this year, that he IS his own worst enemy.

#16 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,005 posts
  • Interests:If a religious person says the world is coming to an end, hes a nut. If a secular person says it, hes an environmentalist.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

I was glad he won considering his opponent, but a year ago did not want him in the Oval.

From the moment he got the Nom I was hoping the people he listens to the closest would get him to clean up his act, but it did not happen.

I've been saying the same as you all of this year, that he IS his own worst enemy.

Using Twitter is the only way he can bypass the lying media.  They said the same thing when TV became widespread.

I do not view posts by Binghamtonian, Wanker, SNSD, SportSexPert, Peekazoid, mulligan, Dr Dick, M_Sable,kimber and Stray Cat.  They are all mentally challenged.

#17 sportsexpert

sportsexpert

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Using Twitter is the only way he can bypass the lying media.  They said the same thing when TV became widespread.

Very true Pete! Trump can spread his witty opinion out everyday through Twitter without any filter. That's prolly why Trump usually tweets very early in the AM? Your a genius!!

#18 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

He's still smarter than you.

#19 sportsexpert

sportsexpert

Professional Member

• Members