Ain't that mighty white of them?

36 replies to this topic

#21 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts
  • Interests:If a religious person says the world is coming to an end, hes a nut. If a secular person says it, hes an environmentalist.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Admittedly, last course I took at SUNY Broome was a few years back, but I don't remember the liberal arts courses being quite *that* slanted.

Is someone actually telling him this, or are you maybe putting a coat of varnish on it because you're frustrated?

The dorms brought a new "culture" to BCC.

I do not view posts by Binghamtonian, Wanker, SNSD, SportSexPert, Peekazoid, mulligan, Dr Dick, M_Sable,kimber,and Stray Cat.  They are all mentally challenged.

#22 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Admittedly, last course I took at SUNY Broome was a few years back, but I don't remember the liberal arts courses being quite *that* slanted.

Is someone actually telling him this, or are you maybe putting a coat of varnish on it because you're frustrated?

No varnish here, and I'm sure he's holding back a lot of stuff he has to endure there. He is a straight shooter and does not distort nor be quick to judge. He's even argued with me over a few of my conservative views but has expressed to me numerous times where he feels that certain opinions are not viewed as equal to others, looked down upon and quieted. "A few years back" explains why you didn't receive the liberal bashing that goes on there today.  And as me being frustrated? You bet I am. This generation has been brain washed and molded in such a way that soon the only opinion that matters will be theirs. Some think Trump is the new Hitler...we haven't seen anything yet until this generation takes charge.  

dt-101.jpg

"Strategic escape, it's like running away only manlier"

Madagascar Penguins

#23 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

:) Now Now Caveman...watching the interchange between Ted Cruz and Neil Gorsuch regarding Hitchhikers Guide...the number 42. I always thought it was the age we turned into our parents!!!

#24 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

:) Now Now Caveman...watching the interchange between Ted Cruz and Neil Gorsuch regarding Hitchhikers Guide...the number 42. I always thought it was the age we turned into our parents!!!

Oh yes, but remember, we had to walk through ten feet of snow just to get past the the front door....and we had to manually turn the channel on our TVs, and.......gads, you're right. 

638ab1800044110d800e4b5d08bd54b0.jpg

dt-101.jpg

Madagascar Penguins

#25 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

:) I still had to trudge my way up the street and of course because the snow fell while I was at work the snow on the stairs was up to my knees and I still have to change the channel manually because I keep forgetting to put Triple A batteries on my shopping list!

#26 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

It isn't just in the classroom. I was recently told I was "privileged" because i had a high school diploma...I was talking about, actually thanking out loud a teacher for something I learned, can't recall what it was now. 

#27 Bingoloid

Bingoloid

Ruler of the Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

It isn't just in the classroom. I was recently told I was "privileged" because i had a high school diploma. 

:lol: This made me smile.

He's the hero Binghamton deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Bingoloid.

#28 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

It isn't just in the classroom. I was recently told I was "privileged" because i had a high school diploma...

Why? Was the diploma white? 

dt-101.jpg

Madagascar Penguins

#29 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Just curious....... what is the opposite of "mighty White"? Could one of you many self professed scholars perhaps enlighten me? 

#30 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

I wasn't amused by this individual's comment .The individual was white and clearly stated younger years had been difficult. While empathetic, I was at once struck by how easy it was for this person to render me speechless, basically, putting me in my place.  :) I'm not snappy comeback girl as you all know and really it would've been inappropriate. And so, taking my own advice from another thread I chose not to engage and further exacerbate the interchange.

#31 JB 2

JB 2

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

I wasn't amused by this individual's comment .The individual was white and clearly stated younger years had been difficult. While empathetic, I was at once struck by how easy it was for this person to render me speechless, basically, putting me in my place.  :) I'm not snappy comeback girl as you all know and really it would've been inappropriate. And so, taking my own advice from another thread I chose not to engage and further exacerbate the interchange.

Ya reckon Ann Coulter with back down from speaking next week at Berkley?  For some reason I think it is going to be a very interesting challenge to Free Speech by others not agreeing with Nazi-like tactics to shut down opposition.

#32 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

JB I see her speaking engagement was rescheduled for September. I think Berkeley has had enough drama for the year. I also think if the Republican club really wanted to challenge the students they might try inviting someone who has the gravitas to influence the students and faculty, perhaps invite a member of the military? In any event, I sometimes like Coulters droll personnae but most times she reminds me of... :)

#33 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Show me a ghetto, and I'll show you an area governed by democrats.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

The dorms brought a new "culture" to BCC.

It sure did...

Somalia-1024x683.jpg?d221e6

2w6f8s8.jpg

#34 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Show me a ghetto, and I'll show you an area governed by democrats.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Here are some of their more recent graduates;

v93wpn6h.jpg

#35 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Lot's of anger here. Many right-wing media outlets pander BS, as do left-wing activists. Use your God-given head to discern the difference and do what is right for us all. Civil War sucks, and weakens us all to our enemies. They will not fight fair, as we bumble about shooting arrows at each other. That's a losing equation.

#36 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

You might break out your arrows but I'm breaking out the 50.

#37 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

I have no arrows, and your ordinance means nothing in this one.

Edited: You're right Bubba. Upon re-reading your post I get what you were saying. My bad.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users