35 replies to this topic

#21 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,370 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

I helped put in the float also , it was a lot of work but we had some fun doing it. Running the cables wasent fun tho I swung a sledge and knicked my knee when it slipped off the rod but was lucky it wasent a direct hit. SPring was running the show back then and we ate very good lol Cortese sent over a bunch of pies and there was all. Kinds of food, one of the perks. Was good overtime

That's when I worked, too.

#22 motheragainstdrunkdriving

motheragainstdrunkdriving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

I helped put in the float also , it was a lot of work but we had some fun doing it. Running the cables wasent fun tho I swung a sledge and knicked my knee when it slipped off the rod but was lucky it wasent a direct hit. SPring was running the show back then and we ate very good lol Cortese sent over a bunch of pies and there was all. Kinds of food, one of the perks. Was good overtime

What a small world Bubba.

#23 motheragainstdrunkdriving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

That's when I worked, too.

Really. Now this is a small world.

#24 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

Binghamton was still Binghamton, now I visit but have no intentions of living there, hopefully someone will come put of the shadows and fix it but don't count on it. life is good here.

#25 thomas

thomas

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Only a couple of days away.

#26 Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

Binghamton was still Binghamton, now I visit but have no intentions of living there, hopefully someone will come put of the shadows and fix it but don't count on it. life is good here.

Life is good here too for many of us. Not sure why you continually thump your  chest about how the grass is so much greener where you are. Some (Many) of us like it here. 

#27 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Life is good here too for many of us. Not sure why you continually thump your  chest about how the grass is so much greener where you are. Some (Many) of us like it here. 

That dipshit hates the area so much he just has to be on here every day to see whats happening.

#28 thomas

thomas

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

Post your pics and vids if you go. Lots of em!

https://www.binghamt...iver/1310004557

Binghamton_prepares_for_return_of_Pops_o

#29 Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

So apparently the sound was well........non existent.  But on the positive I guess the fireworks were outstanding. Not sure what happened with the sound, hopefully they can fix that for next year but it was getting hammered on the Pops on the River Facebook page. That's too bad. 

#30 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,370 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

I read that as well on FB, and wasn't even on their page...just friends that had gone down there.

#31 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Sorry that you folks didn't get the grand show as was expected, you would think that that would be a no brainer huh! Not having a premium sound system should have been the least of their problems. Did they forget McIntosh labs is local? Couldn't they have partnered with them? Would have been a great promotion and there would be quality sound. AFTER ALL THEY ARE FAMOUS FOR THE WALL OF SOUND(28000 watts if I'm remembering right)

#32 27 Time World Champions

27 Time World Champions

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Excellent point, Bubba. If they can handle Woodstock, the Grateful Dead and 600,000 fans, I think Bing-A-Ling is doable. Hell, Benny from Music City could have done better.

#33 Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:19 PM

For those of you that went 25 plus years ago, do you remember what they did for sound then? Was the fact they played on the river made for better acoustics to the crowd? I went but was a kid so I can not remember what they did. I'm really disappointed it turned out this way and they did not have a better plan in place. 

#34 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,370 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:02 PM

I never got involved in that part of it, and don't remember how they did it.

The whole week before, people were crawling all over that riverbank, and the Bank itself.

And that was just putting everything together that they'd been planning for the year prior.

I think Mark Ferro is still around, and could've helped with some of this.

#35 motheragainstdrunkdriving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

They should have had Pops on the weekend instead of Thursday this year. Even the newscasters said it was thrown together in a hurry. The weekend would have drawn a lot more people than on a work night. Pops should have a redo perhaps on Labor Day Weekend. Then they can get the right equipment and test it all before the concert.

#36 WolfMan

WolfMan

Den Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  • Interests:Strolls in the forest, especially during a full moon

Posted Today, 10:19 AM

They should have had Pops on the weekend instead of Thursday this year.

Totally disagree. There is ALWAYS something to do on a weekend evening. Its nice to have something special to go to on a weekday evening.

Sure, if on a Friday or Saturday night thered be a higher attendance, but so what? Its a free event. One could argue the restaurants would have more customers, but I doubt any of the owners were complaining about the bonus they got Thursday evening.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users