10 replies to this topic

#1 RICH

RICH

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:59 AM

How are they going to do that and get the latest news to your home in the am.

#2 Spuds

Spuds

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

No problem since they don't get the latest news to you now! LOL

FORON - a moron who posts stupid crap in a forum. Don't you be one!

#3 Peekozoid

Peekozoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Achieving universal consciousness. Leaving a trail of kharma and kindness in my path while Froliking with the likes of wood nymphs wiccans and vapor sprites!

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Here is the story........

Press & Sun-Bulletin printing to move from Johnson City to Rochester beginning in June

pressconnects.comPublished 10:01 a.m. ET March 16, 2018 | Updated 10:08 a.m. ET March 16, 2018

636567875192649643-bgm-presssite-sunsetfBuy Photo

(Photo: Staff photo)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Printing operations at the Press & Sun-Bulletin will end and shift to a regional facility in Rochester owned by its parent company, officials announced.

The move is expected to take place in mid-June and affects about 98 employees involved in printing and packaging at the Gannett Co. owned plant at 10 Gannett Drive Johnson City, NY 13790. The company will continue distribution at this facility.

“The decision was made to create operational efficiencies and savings within Gannett. This will allow us the ability to fully use the resources of Rochester’s Facility and its state-of-the-art equipment by combining and consolidating the printing operations”, said George Troyano, President of Central New York Media, part of the USA TODAY Network. 

Printing operations have been consolidated throughout the industry over several decades. 

Troyano said the company will assist employees in applying for any other positions in the company for which they are qualified.  Additionally, they will be eligible to apply for positions at the Rochester facility.

He said the change is not expected to significantly change delivery times of products. 

“We want to thank our loyal, hard-working employees for their many contributions in helping to produce the quality content we deliver every day,” Troyano said. “Leveraging all resources will allow us to continue our focus on delivering great content and journalism, without compromising quality.”

Gannett owns USA TODAY and 109 local news operations including 6 in New York. Binghamton, Ithaca, and Elmira products will be printed in the same plant that now produces the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

Your conscience is the part of you that hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#4 Back in Black

Back in Black

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

The JC facility isnt even that old. Seems like such a waste.
Not to mention that once again this area gets shafted out of jobs by corporate decisions being made elsewhere.
Nice.

#5 ndirish

ndirish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

If I remember correctly, Tom Libous got a big chunk of taxpayer dollars for that new printing press at the JC location.  Wonder if a refund is coming?

#6 joehill7469

joehill7469

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

If I remember correctly, Tom Libous got a big chunk of taxpayer dollars for that new printing press at the JC location.  Wonder if a refund is coming?

Let's dig old Tommy boy up and see. or maybe just ask Fat Fran , he made sure she got all his ill gotten gains.

#7 Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Didn't they just build that god damn thing? LOL. What a joke. 

I can't believe anyone would ever WILLINGLY pay for a subscription to that rag. 

#8 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

the change is not expected to significantly change delivery times of products

How can this possibly be?

#9 Jacksonx3

Jacksonx3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

I think it may be because the print edition contains almost no current news. Most of the stories are several days old. I get the Sunday paper and often find stories about news event that I’ve read online earlier in the week. Sports scores are delayed. Opinion, local interest and classifieds aren’t time sensitive. Just push the deadline for news back a couple hours to transport from Rochester to Binghamton and the difference will be minimal - except for a few more days of “your delivery will be delayed”...

#10 Back in Black

Back in Black

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

it doesnt have to be. But it sure sounds good, no?

Dont worry, the check is in the mail.

#11 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

Don't worry folks you still have the Penny Saver

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users