Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

Yes, indeed! Welcome back! Thanks Garo.

il_340x270.1338219981_pw8y.jpg?version=1

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe"     Albert Einstein

ninja_cat___animated_by_raynebowbear-d32

Tri Cities Buzz Forum at.....

http://bcvoice.boards.net/

#3 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Shrug...

(wink  :D )

#4 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

We are here!  We are here!

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#5 GeekGurl

GeekGurl

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

I am so happy! I love this site! So many awesome people! :)
"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." Lady Dorothy Nevill

#6 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Thanks, Garo...nice to see you back.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought to check for "real" news about something local, and couldn't get in.

Anyhoo, thanks again for keeping it up. :)

#7 Gordon Hoyt

Gordon Hoyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

So.... why was the site down for so long??

.......... And that's the way it is.

#8 Independent

Independent

Ready for Retirement

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Just letting my friends know i was looking to make a change from the company who hosts BCV. I was in contact with my 1 cousin my uncle John Ohanian who put in me contact with his grandson Alexis Ohanian who owned Redditt or still has some capacity with Redditt.

He question the amount of usage BCV gets and why i needed so much space. He said to reduce it and if you want to change the host to BCV look at Weebly and start a new site from scratch which i'm considering. His father (Alexis's father Chris) uses it for his Travel Agency in MD.. It has nothing to do with money. Yes it's the same Alexis Ohanian. His Great Grandfather lived on the same Street i grew up on Clarke Street on the corner of Gary and Clarke. Being cousins we have stayed close.

#9 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Just letting my friends know i was looking to make a change from the company who hosts BCV. I was in contact with my 1 cousin my uncle John Ohanian who put in me contact with his grandson Alexis Ohanian who owned Redditt or still has some capacity with Redditt.

He question the amount of usage BCV gets and why i needed so much space. He said to reduce it and if you want to change the host to BCV look at Weebly and start a new site from scratch which i'm considering. His father (Alexis's father Chris) uses it for his Travel Agency in MD.. It has nothing to do with money. Yes it's the same Alexis Ohanian. His Great Grandfather lived on the same Street i grew up on Clarke Street on the corner of Gary and Clarke. Being cousins we have stayed close.

Thanks for the update Garo. It has always seemed to me that your current host and the resources that you are paying for are wicked overkill considering what your requirements are. Good luck in finding a more viable host! 

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe"     Albert Einstein

#10 OTR

OTR

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Huh. I really wouldn't think space would be an issue - disk space is cheap. I use a few different webhosts for a my sites, all offer unlimited storage.

Webhosting shouldn't be costing you more than $100 per year. If it is, you should definitely switch. Migrating a site is pretty easy. Send me a PM if you need any help.

#11 thomas

thomas

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

Great you are back! 

#12 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

I missed you all! Even those that I disagree with.

This trouble that Garo is experiencing is BS on first look. Paperwork problems. I thought that the DA should have better things to do.

Thank you for bringing it back up Garo.

#13 flash211

flash211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

Glad to see the site is back up and running! Woo hoo!

#14 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Welcome back as well!

#15 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

#16 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hey Bubba, my little Ginger is just over 7 months old now, Isn't she adorable? 

Dai29yN.jpg

#17 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

She looks like My Sammy (Samantha ) 11 years ago! Minis are one of the best! A lot of fun but stubborn as hell!

#18 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:04 AM

(tongue in cheek giggle  :) ) Speaking of welcoming people,,,What's this I hear Mayor David has invited the All Siders to party on Indian Territory? Doesn't he know when Indians party, they party hardy? Doesn't he know one or more persons might bring a basketball or even better.. a football? Doesn't he know he's going to have to empty the pool and have it sanitized because there can be no party without jungle juice for all unless, he wants people walking around with throwback bottles of  :blink:  MD 2020, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort and hooking up Matt's beer balls.  And I will appreciate him petitioning the Broome County Legislature to foot the bill for that since he will also have to find out the secret ingredient, if anyone, on the legislature deems him worthy to actually give him the recipe. Of course I know it,,,starts with a t ends in .... :P OH it's really not MY place to divulge that info. It might help he brought along the tomahawk he made in seventh grade social studies. WHAT'S THAT?  :wacko: HE DIDN'T MAKE THE TOMAHAWK?!!! Well he's going to have to march himself up the riverwalk all the way to OTSININGO PARK, go down to the river bank and find himself a piece of wood and an appropriately shaped stone. A head from some old totem pole might work perhaps?  :D  LOL Famous Final Scene Redux...

#19 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

No, it's not tequila or tetrahydrocannibol.

post edit... Nor is it Tanqueray

#20 motheragainstdrunkdriving

motheragainstdrunkdriving

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

Welcome Back BC Voice. It's good to see you. You have been missed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users