13 replies to this topic

#1 Independent

Independent

Ready for Retirement

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

Seem's our Chief of police went to Mayor David to change the Civil Service Test from 4 years to 2 years to allow the chief's son to take the test sooner for the Sargent's Exam.

No wonder 3/4 of the police force can stand Chief Joe Zikuski. Zikuski will do anything to advance his family or his buddies who will jump off a bridge for him.

#2 Gordon Hoyt

Gordon Hoyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:05 AM

This happens at the Sheriff's Dept also all the time.  Doesn't matter if it's an Corrections Officer's test, Sgt. or Lt. test.  Certain qualifications in order to take these test are changed all the time to get who they want in.  So I guess it happens all over.....

.......... And that's the way it is.

#3 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Show me a ghetto, and I'll show you an area governed by democrats.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

Didn't his son have to be hired by another agency because he wasn't qualified for BPD? He then transferred to BPD afterward. I'll say it again; I find it hard to believe that another agency hasn't stepped in to investigate BPD. Has anyone who works there reported this to any appropriate agency to have things looked into, or do they just come on here and complain ?

There must be someone you can go to. IG, AG, 800 ethics hotline, etc. Step up to the plate already.

#4 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

That happens a lot especially when it's an insider with their nose up asses, if they want someone they will bend all the rules. Makes someone that works hard to move up the ranks just lose faith in the system, how hard do you think they will work after they get screwed? The nepotism runs rampant in the city, but it doesn't stop there. It's ok to help a family member get a job to begin with if they are qualified but after that to move up the ranks it should be on their own.1

#5 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

I realize the local media is in the tank for Z. Screw them, call a Syracuse outlet. Call the National Enquirer. Do something about it already. The citizens are just as sick of it as everyone else.

#6 MisterE

MisterE

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

Not sure this pertains to Z Jr or the Sgt's exam. I heard it's for the entrance exam. They're going to make it every two years instead of every four. That way they're hiring from the top scorers, not those that just barely passed. I also heard that the fire department wants to do the same with their exam. Offered every two years.

#7 The Insider

The Insider

Novice Member

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Some points of interest regarding this matter

1. Rumor had it Syracuse PD would not hire young Zikuski for their department as a result of either a failed lie detector test or psychological evaluation. They even refused after the Chief made a personal plea to the Syracuse Chief.

2. When young Zikuski was hired in Binghamton he was appointed a week earlier then the rest in his group so that he would have seniority on them. Many in his group scored better on the exam and were higher on the list.

3. With barely a year on the job young Zikuski was given a position on the SWAT team over many senior officers and over at least one with extensive military combat experience.

4. And now changing the criteria to take to Sergeants exam to allow officers with only 2 years on the department to take the test. It just so happens this will allow young Zikuski to take the exam when under the existing criteria he could not.

I cannot imagine what Rose Sotak must have done to be indicted for Abuse of Power. What is most disturbing about this all is it is done with the blessing of Rich David. If anyone wonders why there is massive turnover in the BPD and many young officers are leaving this is a prime reason.

#8 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Some points of interest regarding this matter

1. Rumor had it Syracuse PD would not hire young Zikuski for their department as a result of either a failed lie detector test or psychological evaluation. They even refused after the Chief made a personal plea to the Syracuse Chief.

2. When young Zikuski was hired in Binghamton he was appointed a week earlier then the rest in his group so that he would have seniority on them. Many in his group scored better on the exam and were higher on the list.

3. With barely a year on the job young Zikuski was given a position on the SWAT team over many senior officers and over at least one with extensive military combat experience.

4. And now changing the criteria to take to Sergeants exam to allow officers with only 2 years on the department to take the test. It just so happens this will allow young Zikuski to take the exam when under the existing criteria he could not.

I cannot imagine what Rose Sotak must have done to be indicted for Abuse of Power. What is most disturbing about this all is it is done with the blessing of Rich David. If anyone wonders why there is massive turnover in the BPD and many young officers are leaving this is a prime reason.

WHY DAVID WHY ??????....You fire 2 guys for poor snow removal and yet this poor excuse for a chief of police who has cost the taxpayers millions, not thousands but millions of dollars and he's still on the job and that's only a taste of what he has cost this city....STILL ON THE JOB with all his known behavior...This is nuts....David I know you read this for a fact....Time to pony up with some answers.....Enough is enough....

Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. -- Clark Moustakas

#9 flash211

flash211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Wow! If 10% of this is true, that is 10% too much! It seems to me that the State's AG would be able to vet the points provided by Insider and, if valid, would seek charges for abuse of position/power. Once again, if the points are valid, I don't care who Zikuski thinks he is, but he is not "untouchable!" Unfortunately, the City of Binghamton residents have failed themselves for not organizing to put pressure on the City government to put an end to his alleged antics!

#10 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

Wow! If 10% of this is true, that is 10% too much! It seems to me that the State's AG would be able to vet the points provided by Insider and, if valid, would seek charges for abuse of position/power. Once again, if the points are valid, I don't care who Zikuski thinks he is, but he is not "untouchable!" Unfortunately, the City of Binghamton residents have failed themselves for not organizing to put pressure on the City government to put an end to his alleged antics!

I agree completely.

If Rose S got indicted, and Deb P was arrested, for what seem to be much lesser offenses, the why isn't Z facing charges? The fact that the first 2 are facing charges, and neither Z nor HRC are, speaks volumes as to the state of justice in this country.

#11 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Does Mayor Flintstone have the authority to change the test frequency?  The County administers the civil service for the city and all the towns and villages. The City has a commission but I still think they would have to appeal to the County.  Maybe not.

What does the Police Union think.  Wouldn't this be negitiable or need a M.O.U.?

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#12 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts
  • Interests:If a religious person says the world is coming to an end, hes a nut. If a secular person says it, hes an environmentalist.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

I think Binghamton has its own Civil Service administration.

I do not view posts by Binghamtonian, Wanker, SNSD, SportSexPert, Peekazoid, mulligan, Dr Dick, M_Sable,kimber,and Stray Cat.  They are all mentally challenged.

#13 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

They have a civil service office but the state governs and compiles the test.

#14 Independent

Independent

Ready for Retirement

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

I agree completely.

If Rose S got indicted, and Deb P was arrested, for what seem to be much lesser offenses, the why isn't Z facing charges? The fact that the first 2 are facing charges, and neither Z nor HRC are, speaks volumes as to the state of justice in this country.

You don't know the half of it!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users