10 replies to this topic

#1 uncle Festus

uncle Festus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

I just got today a notice from social security, that next year I will be getting $1.00 more in my take home pay. One Dollar! There wasn't any increase this year, so that will make 3 years with just about the same take home pay. THREE YEARS!!!  Has Inflation only gone up about that infinitesimal amount in the past 3 years? I don't think so. This is as good an example as any as to why I feel the way I do about government. I won't dare use the words I'd like to for fear of GOVERNMENT GOONS! I am angry beyond words!

#2 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I won't dare use the words I'd like to for fear of GOVERNMENT GOONS! I am angry beyond words!

F**k that sh*t uncle Festus.  I tweet or email those bastards on a weekly basis telling them what I really think.  They DO NOT own us or our money.  Remind them REGULARLY.  Best way is electronic since that is what they are gauging public opinion off of these days.  Never bend a knee to the swamp. Never.  

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#3 kimber

kimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Wait until you see the new tax cuts for the rich 1%! Adds to the deficit and screws the middle class.

#4 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Sux, donnit?

I have figured since I started working that I couldn't count on Social Security being there when I retired.

I'm already past the age I wanted to retire at and don't like what I see to "carry on" with, so I'm still trying to pack away something of a nest egg.

Maybe if I only live to be 70 I'll be good. 

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#5 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Interests:The truth is still the truth, even when you don't want to hear it.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Wait until you see the new tax cuts for the rich 1%! Adds to the deficit and screws the middle class.

Please enlighten us kimbulligan; how does a tax cut for everyone in the country screw anyone?  Can you do anything but regurgitate demoncrat talking points?  Are you a SorosBot?

#6 PARMELEE

PARMELEE

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:12 PM

Please enlighten us kimbulligan; how does a tax cut for everyone in the country screw anyone?  Can you do anything but regurgitate demoncrat talking points?  Are you a SorosBot?

Really?????....Show me the savings...Go ahead show me just how I'm going to get a tax break....Know what,.. you can't....You're just taking Trump's word for it....If you can.... than explain it to me.....LMAO....This should be good....

Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. -- Clark Moustakas

#7 flash211

flash211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

Well, let's see, where has the last 8 years gotten us? More federal debt, low COLA (see OP's comment above) even though most products cost more, but heck, we have free college tuition, with other free stuff that our wonderful liberal, state government doles out to every "social need". I for one would love a tax break, and if it shows the rest of NYers that our state government TRULY SUCKS, then I am all in. I am tired of carrying the weight of those that not contributing to society by carrying their own responsibility.

I truly do not have any issue with helping to support those truly in need, but there has to be accountability - this includes our representatives in Albany!

#8 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Really?????....Show me the savings...Go ahead show me just how I'm going to get a tax break....Know what,.. you can't....You're just taking Trump's word for it....If you can.... than explain it to me.....LMAO....This should be good....

No one can.  They don't know your personal finances.  NOT asking for them.  The biggest thing for us average Joe's is instead of being exempt from paying tax on our first $12K we will now be exempt from paying tax on our first $24K.  That alone is huge for many, many, many Americans.  

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#9 Stray Cat

Stray Cat

Oracle Of Wisdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

No one can.  They don't know your personal finances.  NOT asking for them.  The biggest thing for us average Joe's is instead of being exempt from paying tax on our first $12K we will now be exempt from paying tax on our first $24K.  That alone is huge for many, many, many Americans.  

This will work wonders for the national debt but you know what? No worries from me! I'm secure and old enough that I don't really give two shits!  I'm not likely to be around when the whole house of cards collapses!

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe"     Albert Einstein

ninja_cat___animated_by_raynebowbear-d32

#10 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

This will work wonders for the national debt but you know what? No worries from me! I'm secure and old enough that I don't really give two shits!  I'm not likely to be around when the whole house of cards collapses!

It is all about building the wealth of our country.  Everything he is doing is meant to build the wealth of our country.  Country is you and me in his eyes.  No country can become wealthy if government forcibly takes your money and then bribes you back for votes with the money they forcibly took from you.  I can't say it any simpler.

#11 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

And as to the WHY we have to keep the rich in the game by also giving them cuts and incentives?  We would be SCREWED without them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users