11 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Man

Monkey Man

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

I can't figure this one out.  Town Square media has fired the best known radio personality in the Binghamton market.  Even those who don't listen to Wild 104 know who Louie G is.  I assume this decision was financial, due to decreasing revenues.  But for someone like Louie, you find the money to keep.  

It looks like they've recently let go other well know talent, like Tanya and Rich Birdsall.  None of these decisions make any sense.  I don't listen to local radio, and I know who they both are.  But, Louie, especially is a puzzling decision.  This will be the death of Wild 104, unless the plan is to go to all national, syndicated programming.  Regardless, it's still a bonehead move.

I wish Louie the best, I'm sure he will land on his feet.

#2 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Name doesn't ring a bell - but then I don't listen to 104 FM.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#3 Property & Casualty

Property & Casualty

Defender of the Faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Interests:The truth is still the truth, even when you don't want to hear it.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

If you've been a radio personality or a TV anchor in this area for any great length of time then you're not very good at what you do.  Either that or else you've lost your passion.  If you're good then you've moved on to a bigger market.  Louie G is the Canned ass Chapman of radio.  If you're not moving then you're getting stagnant.  It's a tough way to make a living. I give him props for having stayed relevant as long as he has in this market. 

#4 SouthSider09

SouthSider09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

So just because he hasn't left this area that means he isn't very good at what he does???

How bout maybe this is where he is from and chose not to leave the area because it's his hometown. Just because somebody didn't leave this area doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do.

With all the online options local radio stations aren't doing too hot ... they are all joining or being taken over by larger national stations .... 92.5 did the same thing when they dumped Jim Frey ... now you have iHeart radio running Rover in the Morning

#5 Guest33

Guest33

Greenhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

Property and Casualty comment is bullshit. Whatever he does does a living he must not be the best, because he lives here and doesnt work at the corporate headquarters of whatever industry he is in.

What a loser and failure Property and Casualty is.

#6 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Didnt Louie used to post here?

#7 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

you should listen to P&C after all he sells insurance in Binghamton, don't ya know.

#8 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

Fact of the matter is, he was replaced by an iPod in the studio.

#9 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

Fact of the matter is, he was replaced by an iPod in the studio.

Does the Ipod know what to do in the event of a national emergency? Does the Ipod know what to do in the event of a local emergency?

#10 DanCooper

DanCooper

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Does the Ipod know what to do in the event of a national emergency? Does the Ipod know what to do in the event of a local emergency?

Thats when I tune into 1290 / check Twitter.

#11 FormerSomeone

FormerSomeone

Studmuffin Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

I get notices of active shooting events (nationwide), AMBER alerts, local weather alerts and local emergency notices on my Samsung Galaxy 7 as free aps.

Politicians, like underwear, should be changed frequently.  And for the same reasons.

#12 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Didnt Louie used to post here?

Yes. I chatted with him once.  Talked about friends just showing up at your house without notice.  How we quickly got on that topic I have no memory.  

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users