#1 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:47 AM

OK, I guess I'll shock P&C and Bubba and the rest of the crew:

So, the First Lady appears in Africa with a Pith helmet on, and gets lambasted for doing so.  First of all, I doubt that she bought it to bring with her...it was probably a gift from Kenya.  Second of all, it's a damned good choice of headwear in Africa. There's a reason white people wore them there for the last two centuries.  Keeps you from burning up in the African sun, being fair-skinned. Third of all, it's a friggin HAT!

There also seems to be no coverage of her visit to the Cape Coast Castle in Ghana.  That is about as depressing as visiting the Holocaust Museum in DC. There's a plaque there memorializing President Obama's visit during his term in office.

I still think that her husband is a big doofus, but why get on her case for every little thing? The toilet paper on the shoe thing for the President boarding Air Force One excepted....that WAS funny, if overblown ;)

She should not be fair game as she's staying mostly above the fray. I think that she is doing her best. Just a personal opinion.

#2 joehill7469

joehill7469

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

OK, I guess I'll shock P&C and Bubba and the rest of the crew:

So, the First Lady appears in Africa with a Pith helmet on, and gets lambasted for doing so.  First of all, I doubt that she bought it to bring with her...it was probably a gift from Kenya.  Second of all, it's a damned good choice of headwear in Africa. There's a reason white people wore them there for the last two centuries.  Keeps you from burning up in the African sun, being fair-skinned. Third of all, it's a friggin HAT!

There also seems to be no coverage of her visit to the Cape Coast Castle in Ghana.  That is about as depressing as visiting the Holocaust Museum in DC. There's a plaque there memorializing President Obama's visit during his term in office.

I still think that her husband is a big doofus, but why get on her case for every little thing? The toilet paper on the shoe thing for the President boarding Air Force One excepted....that WAS funny, if overblown ;)

She should not be fair game as she's staying mostly above the fray. I think that she is doing her best. Just a personal opinion.

The Lady has class, probably more than any of the reporters covering her trip. How many other first ladies could speak 5 different languages, and when criticized

about the clothes she was wearing on the trip she replied ,"why are you more concerned about the clothes I wear instead of the reason why I am on this trip". Classy lady

#3 Kahuna

Kahuna

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

Classless  media.

#4 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

Sorry, I'm going with the fashion police. That hat is a big negative, not for any political reason, just because it's awful. I can not comprehend how she doesn't feel uncomfortable wearing it. Will she also be wearing the" man in the yellow hat "costume this trip?

#5 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:43 AM

Geese I hope it wasent a WHITE pith........after all it after Labor Day.

#6 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

Geese I hope it wasent a WHITE pith........after all it after Labor Day.

:lol: YOU!  :) Have a good weekend.

#7 BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Professional Ball buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

Having a great weekend poolside ay 90 degrees! Hope you are having one too! Send me some houlupki they don't have them down here.

#8 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

LOL Ginger! A GOOD pith helmet is perfect....not the cheap-ass ones that you can buy in a costume store. Provides ventilation and shade, and coverage in case a monkey tries to poop on your head ;) If nothing else, you can sit on it. A good one can also be dunked in cold water and put back on...much needed relief when the temp is over 100 and so is the humidity! Like today....been bitching about the rain, so now that it's nice, building a garden wall/border. HOT here! Need a pith helmet and a gin & tonic (malaria, yah know....)

#9 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:20 AM

:) Good morning. Regarding the hat, I'll take your word for it but I seriously doubt she wore it for it's functionality. Was she going on Safari when she donned that thing? I just now got a look at her next ensemble...the Annie Hall outfit? NOOOOOO! She must have seen those Harrison Ford movies too many times. (can't recall the names of them) Somebody make her stop!

Now, since it's the begining of the school year it's a good idea for a reminder to any college students or professors reading this please mention to your students...

Regarding Gin and Tonic...depending on your body weight, it takes app 8 days for the QUININE in a 20 ounce gin and tonic to clear your system. If you are drinking gin and tonic tomorrow night you should not be drinking them again next Saturday because of the accumulative effect which will cause QUININE TOXICITY. This condition may make you very sick and you could seriously compromise your KIDNEY FUNCTION.

The grocery stores carry low quinine tonic water.

#10 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

Having a great weekend poolside ay 90 degrees! Hope you are having one too! Send me some houlupki they don't have them down here.

Lucky you! I ended up working all weekend. I wish I had time to get some sun. I just got up and I'm making the halupki after this cup of coffee.  :)

#11 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

Lucky you! I ended up working all weekend. I wish I had time to get some sun. I just got up and I'm making the halupki after this cup of coffee.  :)

Shouldn't you be heading out to work. Seems everything you post you usually add that..Get to work you slacker! . :)

dt-101.jpg

"Strategic escape, it's like running away only manlier"

Madagascar Penguins

#12 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

:) ^ Have I mentioned I LOVE my new job? I'm not scheduled until later but pretty much everytime they call me I go. I really need to get my halloween stuff out and darn I missed the parade.  

#13 Caveman

Caveman

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

:) I'm not scheduled until later but pretty much everytime they call me I go.

When they call you?  Who the heck are you...Batman? 

2kDZlWN.jpg

dt-101.jpg

"Strategic escape, it's like running away only manlier"

Madagascar Penguins

#14 OTR

OTR

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

I love how Melania subtly (and not-so subtly) voices her position.

Subtly: publicly swatting away Trump's attempts to hold her hand after the Stormy Daniels story erupted.

Not-so-subtly: "I really don't care, do u?" on the back of her windbreaker.

First Lady can be a tough job, even more so when the president is so controversial. I think she's doing it perfectly.

#15 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Her best fashion choice is her birthday suit. Did I just say that? I've never seen her in it :)  :ph34r: . Damn internet.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#16 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

2kDZlWN.jpg

:) No, lol but I work as an independent contractor now so some of my work is on call/demand.

People can't steal my vacation time anymore, inter alia.

#17 19April1775

19April1775

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
  • Interests:Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

I don't see a problem, I think she looks pretty hot in these clips.

The primary function of the independent juror, is not as many think, to despense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

The Constitution guarantees you the right to trial by jury. This means that government must bring its case before a jury of The People if government wants to deprive any person of life, liberty or property. Jurors can say no to government tyranny by refusing to convict.

#18 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

2kDZlWN.jpg

NOT ME!  :)

#19 ginger

ginger

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

:) I changed my mind. Melania should definitely wear the hat. She wouldn't want some kind of moth try to nest in her hair.

#20 M_Sable

M_Sable

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

:) Good morning. Regarding the hat, I'll take your word for it but I seriously doubt she wore it for it's functionality. Was she going on Safari when she donned that thing? I just now got a look at her next ensemble...the Annie Hall outfit? NOOOOOO! She must have seen those Harrison Ford movies too many times. (can't recall the names of them) Somebody make her stop!

Now, since it's the begining of the school year it's a good idea for a reminder to any college students or professors reading this please mention to your students...

Regarding Gin and Tonic...depending on your body weight, it takes app 8 days for the QUININE in a 20 ounce gin and tonic to clear your system. If you are drinking gin and tonic tomorrow night you should not be drinking them again next Saturday because of the accumulative effect which will cause QUININE TOXICITY. This condition may make you very sick and you could seriously compromise your KIDNEY FUNCTION.

The grocery stores carry low quinine tonic water.

Unless you're in Africa....then quinine can be an anti-malarial good thing! So you can avoid malaria and get a better buzz at the same time! ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users