BPD Contract

109 replies to this topic

#81 snowman60

snowman60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling RC racing and breathing lol RETIRED wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Plain and simple BPD needs to start writing tickets. You want a raise? Raise the money. Start writing tickets for cell phone use, speeding , no seat belts, parking on the wrong side, and so on and so on. I have been told by many BPD they don't write tickets too much paper work...BS........Time for you to make your money. Like i said you want a raise EARN it

#82 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

The rag of a paper won't report on this....what's new with this situation. The paper has written a number of time that the police department is without a contract.

#83 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (snowman60 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plain and simple BPD needs to start writing tickets. You want a raise? Raise the money. Start writing tickets for cell phone use, speeding , no seat belts, parking on the wrong side, and so on and so on. I have been told by many BPD they don't write tickets too much paper work...BS........Time for you to make your money. Like i said you want a raise EARN it

Exactly. Do their job. If someone speeds, they pay the price. That won't be real popular but that's what the BPD gets paid to do. If the paperwork is cumbersome as I have often heard it is then man up and get it changed. That's a pretty poor excuse for looking the other way. The city needs money and bpd has a golden ticket (pardon the pun) to generate some just by doing what they were hired to do. It's genious. Personally I'd be happy if the "no cell phone / no texting" laws were enforced. I see all kinds of people yaking away while trying to navigate traffic at rush hour. It's not only the drunks who cause accidents.

#84 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. Do their job. If someone speeds, they pay the price. That won't be real popular but that's what the BPD gets paid to do. If the paperwork is cumbersome as I have often heard it is then man up and get it changed. That's a pretty poor excuse for looking the other way. The city needs money and bpd has a golden ticket (pardon the pun) to generate some just by doing what they were hired to do. It's genious. Personally I'd be happy if the "no cell phone / no texting" laws were enforced. I see all kinds of people yaking away while trying to navigate traffic at rush hour. It's not only the drunks who cause accidents.

Let me get this straight- you want cops to write lots of tickets so they can earn their raises/healthcare/bennies. Brilliant.

That is until you get 3 or 4 ticket for going 35 in a 30, or make a rolling stop at the stop sign, or get that really important call from your boss/child in trouble/elderly mother while driving, seat belt violation, using the horn, reversing over a yellow line, K-turn on a deserted street and then you will be yelling at the misguided, fascist in the blue uniform who had better things to do than bother you- maybe arrest some of the increasing number of criminals in Binghamton. But .... there are a lot fewer so when someone is hassling you or breaking into your house and that 911 response is delayed - I'm sure you won't mind that Officer O'Malley is keeping the scurge of cellphone drivers at bay.

Guess what, I'm not a cop. I certainly don't want cops stopping me to fill Ryan's budget hole. And yes I do occasionally forget to use my seatbelt and use my cellphone while driving ( I drink coffee, smoke, adjust my sunglasses, eat breakfast sandwiches and adjust my radio too, but that's perfectly legal ) and yet I have never been in an accident.

And who are you kidding there really isn't a rush hour in Binghamton unless you want to include the 15 min it takes to empty the State, County and City office buildings. I think they must stop working and put there coats on way ahead of quitting time uand wait by the doors. That's the only way you could get them all out so quick.

#85 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They weren't hired to just write tickets. They are hired to serve and protect.
If your house got burgled, would you want to wait a few days before they can come over because they're busy writing tickets?
This feeding frenzy on the taxpaying public needs to stop. I realize there's no real money in investigating and catching real criminals, but they still have to do the job we all pay them to do.

If the economy was in great shape and we could afford more cops to make sure I'm not driving 38 in a 30 zone, ok, fine.
Things are tough all over. Ask around. Read the news.
Law enforcement has to reset its priorities, just like the rest of the nation does.

And drunks cause way more accidents and deaths than texting drivers do.

#86 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me get this straight- you want cops to write lots of tickets so they can earn their raises/healthcare/bennies. Brilliant.

That is until you get 3 or 4 ticket for going 35 in a 30, or make a rolling stop at the stop sign, or get that really important call from your boss/child in trouble/elderly mother while driving, seat belt violation, using the horn, reversing over a yellow line, K-turn on a deserted street and then you will be yelling at the misguided, fascist in the blue uniform who had better things to do than bother you- maybe arrest some of the increasing number of criminals in Binghamton. But .... there are a lot fewer so when someone is hassling you or breaking into your house and that 911 response is delayed - I'm sure you won't mind that Officer O'Malley is keeping the scurge of cellphone drivers at bay.

Guess what, I'm not a cop. I certainly don't want cops stopping me to fill Ryan's budget hole. And yes I do occasionally forget to use my seatbelt and use my cellphone while driving ( I drink coffee, smoke, adjust my sunglasses, eat breakfast sandwiches and adjust my radio too, but that's perfectly legal ) and yet I have never been in an accident.

And who are you kidding there really isn't a rush hour in Binghamton unless you want to include the 15 min it takes to empty the State, County and City office buildings. I think they must stop working and put there coats on way ahead of quitting time uand wait by the doors. That's the only way you could get them all out so quick.

holy smokes. somebody had way too much caffeine today. If you read my post I did mention ticketing wouldn't be a popular choice and by the way the funds could pay the dept salary so what's the beef? It's called good business. As for hideous atrocities being committed while a cop is ticketing a seatbelt infraction, if a cop is that stupid that he can't prioritize then he shouldn't be on the force. Give me a break.

#87 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your house got burgled, would you want to wait a few days before they can come over because they're busy writing tickets?
This feeding frenzy on the taxpaying public needs to stop. I realize there's no real money in investigating and catching real criminals, but they still have to do the job we all pay them to do.

If the economy was in great shape and we could afford more cops to make sure I'm not driving 38 in a 30 zone, ok, fine.
Things are tough all over. Ask around. Read the news.
Law enforcement has to reset its priorities, just like the rest of the nation does.

And drunks cause way more accidents and deaths than texting drivers do.

If a cop would spend time writing a cell phone ticket instead of tending to a true emergency call he shouldn't be on the force. It's pretty easy to stop what youre doing and change directions. I doubt it would take a few days to stop wrting a ticket and redirect to a crime scene. You exaggerate too much.

#88 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this mean that while patroling the streets, making their presence known, they should look the other way when they notice infractions? Sometimes they drive around for hours. You are saying they shouldn't ticket texters? seatbelt-less drivers? children not in car seats? Are you kidding? Why not?

@

#89 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 11 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does this mean that while patroling the streets, making their presence known, they should look the other way when they notice infractions? Sometimes they drive around for hours. You are saying they shouldn't ticket texters? seatbelt-less drivers? children not in car seats? Are you kidding? Why not?

@

If cops wrote a ticket each time they witnessed a traffic offense, that is all they would be doing. I don't want the police to be like mob enforcers squeezing money from ordinary citizens just because politicians can't control a budget. I also don't want police salaries dependent on arresting people for petty offenses. That's third world nonsense.

#90 snowman60

snowman60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling RC racing and breathing lol RETIRED wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

Plain and simple don't break the laws of NYS ........No worries.....wear your seat belt turn your lights on in nasty weather, obey(which is hard for alot of you to do), the speed limit, Stay off your cell phone, and on and on. What part don't you understand? A law is a law. Even if we don't agree with it we still have to abide by it.

#91 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (guest @ Feb 5 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must not reside in the city to make such an off the cuff statement! As an unlucky Binghamton resident who never voted for Ryan I will say that i rather see 50 firefighters go before one policeman gets canned. My reasoning is if i could sell my house in this terrible market i would move to an area that has a volley fire dept. Most of our city fire fighters which I happen to know and like live outside of the city and trust the volleys to protect their houses. I agree that the infighting between city deparments does none of them any good but lets be honest it's the BPD has gotten beat up by team Ryan. I would like to ask city hall what do I get for my taxes. I pay for water, have to pay for garbage collection the plowing is substandard as is the condition of most of our streets. So really we're paying for schools and public safety and than Ryan wants to turn around and tell us he's cutting cops at one of the worst economic times of our generation. Ryan is old enough to remember the 70's and what happen in many cities around the country when services were cut. Than again that would be assuming he cares. Lets get rid of all the youth directors and do nothing inspectors before we start laying off fire fighters and cops. I would like the Mayor to sit down with the deparments without his minions and really listen to what is going on and what needs to be address. His re-election by a narrow margin was not a mandate but a gift.

Nicely written.

#92 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 12 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If cops wrote a ticket each time they witnessed a traffic offense, that is all they would be doing. I don't want the police to be like mob enforcers squeezing money from ordinary citizens just because politicians can't control a budget. I also don't want police salaries dependent on arresting people for petty offenses. That's third world nonsense.

Third world nonsense? LOL I spit my coffe out on that one. What a hoot. What is it with you guys who have to exaggerate everything? I have to conclude from your post you would prefer the cops do nothing until they get an emergency call - which if you rule out free rides to the ER means they will sit on their butts doing nothing most of the day. Mob enforcers for ticketing speeders & unsafe drivers? Now you are really stretching. You ruined your point, bigtime.

#93 Guest-guest-*

Guest-guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (snowman60 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a cop and I can tell you the city doesn't make anything off moving violation tickets. All that money goes to the state. The only money the city gets to keep is parking violations and appearance ticket moneys for minor crimes.

#94 snowman60

snowman60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (guest @ Feb 12 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a cop and I can tell you the city doesn't make anything off moving violation tickets. All that money goes to the state. The only money the city gets to keep is parking violations and appearance ticket moneys for minor crimes.

My point has been proven. Now you see why BPD doesn't write tickets

Yes you are right but you can't even keep up with parking violations. Afraid to get out of the car and write the ticket for parking on the wrong side? You want a raise? Start writing tickets.

#95 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

eddie arzonie still talking to himself=loser

#96 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (snowman60 @ Feb 12 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My point has been proven. Now you see why BPD doesn't write tickets

Yes you are right but you can't even keep up with parking violations. Afraid to get out of the car and write the ticket for parking on the wrong side? You want a raise? Start writing tickets.

Sure I'll write tickets where do you live smoke? Or maybe your're a blowhard who doesn't even live in the city.

#97 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 12 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Third world nonsense? LOL I spit my coffe out on that one. What a hoot. What is it with you guys who have to exaggerate everything? I have to conclude from your post you would prefer the cops do nothing until they get an emergency call - which if you rule out free rides to the ER means they will sit on their butts doing nothing most of the day. Mob enforcers for ticketing speeders & unsafe drivers? Now you are really stretching. You ruined your point, bigtime.

Using increased ticket writing as a way to offset decreased taxes and increased costs for a city is pee poor planning and insane thinking.

#98 Guest-insider-*

Guest-insider-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

After reading all these post I can say that there is some truth to these and some DELETED. first the police contract problems are from them selfs not city hall! The supervisiors are decertifing and the stalled there contracts for the last two years. Also when Tarik was told that they would not negotiate on the cost of health insurance that is what stalled the talks to begin with. The police also fabricate ther call numbers to get grant money and to show raising crime rates this is a fact! They are also very top heavy. Don't cut the patrol officers but the fat is supervisiors, city hall knows this and there will be more layoffs for them period! It is a fact that police and fire are 2/3 thirds of the budget.It is also a fact that the police officers were told to start writting tickets or they would be written up. It is called quota tickets. I wish the paper would publish the truth of the matter,but they won't!

#99 snowman60

snowman60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 12 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure I'll write tickets where do you live smoke? Or maybe your're a blowhard who doesn't even live in the city.

I bet you don't live in the city smokie.

#100 Guest-guest-*

Guest-guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

My husband is a cop. I am tired of all my bills rising, cable, nyseg,and telephone. Our grocery bill has doubled over the past year. And guess what his pay hasnt. Please tell would any of you people work without getting a raise for almost 6 years, I bet not. I know at my job I get a raise every year. Why should he bust his DELETED for a mayor who doesnt give a crap about any of them

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users