Spaulding Krullers

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest-guest8-*

Guest-guest8-*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Does anyone know if/where Spaulding Krullers can be purchased? Giant used to carry them but they don't seem to be found at Weis.

#2 shellib2

shellib2

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

This is all that I could find on them. Looks like alot of people are looking for them!

http://www.karenrugg...-all-times.html

#3 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

This is all that I could find on them. Looks like alot of people are looking for them!

http://www.karenrugg...-all-times.html

Don't swear me to this, but I THINK Greggs Big M in Whitney Point has them.

#4 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

If I drive clear out there and don't get get my Spaulding pastries, I'll hunt you down. Haha just kidding thanks for the info.

#5 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

Problem is the Krullers that the Giant carried recently are merely a shadow of the Krullers from the past. The cake was close but the sugar wasn't crusty enough.

Sigh, another lost taste from the past.

National product, standardized taste, mass production equals progress.

#6 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:49 AM

Sometime ago they made chocolate donuts with white powdered sugar. They were the best donuts ever! Haven't seen them in ages and the chocolates donuts made anywhere else just can't compare. Wish I had done to go with my coffee this morning. :D

#7 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Does anyone know if/where Spaulding Krullers can be purchased? Giant used to carry them but they don't seem to be found at Weis.

Cut out the carbs...

#8 Guest-guest8-*

Guest-guest8-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

Thanks, I will check there!

#9 Guest-Patricia-*

Guest-Patricia-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

My Mom used to buy the rejects -- somewhere in Binghamton -- and we kids would be in Heaven! Years later, I got a short-term job giving out free packets of them in grocery stores around the community. I would eat almost as many as I would hand out. (I was skinny then.) You're right...the Giant version was close, but just not right.

#10 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Thanks, I will check there!

Don't go today, I just bought them all. They are dang good too! Thanks for the tip.

#11 Guest-volleyballplayer-*

Guest-volleyballplayer-*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Gregg's Market Place (formerly Gregg's Big M a few years ago) does carry Spaulding Krullers. If you are willing to make the drive, give them a call @ 692-3343 to see if the product is available and they will put it in the office for you if it is on the shelf (first aisle). My favorite is the cake doughnuts that they make there.

#12 Guest-guyfromvestal-*

Guest-guyfromvestal-*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

They still carry a few at the WEIS in Vestal on Main Street. I think they get delivered once a week or so.....in the section with the bread. You have to get there at the right time or else they are gone. I was there last night a got a box. They had about 6 boxes of them. In the past....I have spoken to both the manager and associate manager of that store about getting more of them. Would not hurt for some one else to do the same. I hope you get a box too.

#13 Guest-guesst-*

Guest-guesst-*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

I WOULD TRY DICK'S SPORTING GOODS IN VESTAL

#14 Guest-guest-*

Guest-guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

Got them at Weis hooper road.

#15 Guest-John Rodzinka-*

Guest-John Rodzinka-*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

stroehmann delivers them,just ask your store to get some for you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users