WNBF's Bob Joseph loves local local local liberal democrats

WNBF Bob Joseph Libedral Demo

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest-Vinny From Owego-*

Guest-Vinny From Owego-*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

WNBF's only local talk show is hosted by a liberal democrat.

The talk show is "Binghamton Now"

The liberal democrat is Bob Joseph

And local democrats are loved, welcomed and coddled.

#2 Guest-BobJoseph = BJ-*

Guest-BobJoseph = BJ-*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Bob's a pretty big ass-kissing & no-balls host. He's pretty sickening to listen to.

#3 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

AM radio - Home of paranoid shut-ins.

#4 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

What we want and demand is a conservative host who loves local conservatives.

#5 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

What we want and demand is a conservative host who loves local conservatives.

so then why dont you purchase your own radio station and pay for it yourself

#6 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

I miss talk with tony

#7 Guest-casual observer-*

Guest-casual observer-*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

I miss talk with tony

tony could be aggravating with his opinions but he was not afraid to tell it like it is!!! he did not kiss politicians butts, most of them have a lot less to worry about with him gone. I hope he can come back some day. I dont miss "whiney from conklin" he is the most jealous crybaby that ever called the show. I think Steve Regulski should get at least 1 day a week for a show of his own! he is a classic!

#8 Aphoristically Moderate

Aphoristically Moderate

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

A couple of weeks ago, a Binghamton Now caller, named Benny, railed against how Romney gets away with paying a 15% tax rate while he pays 35%. I just had to call in to refute him.

I was armed with current tax tables from the IRS. Don't have them in front of me now, but I pointed out the increasing percent Benny pays on his 1st $17,000... when he reaches $69,000... when he reaches $139,000... and on until he reaches $379,000 where we all pay 35%. (That's married, filing jointly, before deductions) I added that the "rich" ALREADY pay way more than their fair share and people like Mitt Romney pay 35% in corporate tax before they pay their "15%" capital gains tax.

I went on to suggest that Benny probably pays zero income tax, and is still under the false assumption that he pays much more. I got a quick, cordial agreement from Bob. I went on to get a little harsher to Benny, but I think Bob took me off the air before then because he was talking over me.

If Bob starts leaning to the left, then it's your responsibility to call him and straighten him out. Offer to email facts to back yourself up.

Tony used to remind us about what a small market we are.... as if he was as good as it gets. Bob is as good as it gets, now, unless Cumulus subscribes to Beck or Boortz in the morning. Let's keep him in line.

Scott

#9 Guest-fenugreek-*

Guest-fenugreek-*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

I was aware from the get go that Bob Joseph was a liberal at heart but there is nothing wrong with him having this position as we all have our point of view,The real point is that Bob does not shove it down your throat, respects your point of view and he is an intellectual who open up the airways to many guests and their position on things. I feel that Bob is doing a slendid job!

#10 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

I was aware from the get go that Bob Joseph was a liberal at heart but there is nothing wrong with him having this position as we all have our point of view,The real point is that Bob does not shove it down your throat, respects your point of view and he is an intellectual who open up the airways to many guests and their position on things. I feel that Bob is doing a slendid job!

No - you don't understand. Bob must conform to our way of thinking and repeat what we want to hear. Anything else causes us to think which hurts our brain.

#11 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I miss talk with tony

We want Ralph Carol back.

#12 Guest-Guesty Guesterman-*

Guest-Guesty Guesterman-*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Bob is head and shoulders above Tony in terms of everything you want in a local talk show host. He is far more articulate, well-versed, informed and cordial to his guests. I hope he remembers his journalistic roots, however, and doesn't get too chummy with politicians. Tony appealed to angry old white guys. His show had the feeling of a bunch of old white guys whose lives didn't go anywhere near where the dreams of their youth portended, sitting on a porch every morning griping to each other, hating everything and everyone, and each nodding in agreement with the others' griping. Bob Joseph is proving you can have an interesting show with diverse opinions that may make you think or even fume, but respectfully, and still get good listenership. He was the perfect choice to replace Tony.

#13 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I find him to be pretty fair towards both sides. He may be a liberal but I don't think he portrays that on the show...he seems to be trying to get both sides of the topics out and let both sides have their say. What's wrong with that?

#14 Guest-guest-*

Guest-guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I find him to be pretty fair towards both sides. He may be a liberal but I don't think he portrays that on the show...he seems to be trying to get both sides of the topics out and let both sides have their say. What's wrong with that?

You have to understand that there is no such thing as "letting both sides have their say" to some of these people. Anything to the left of Rush is Liberal. I've gotten in arguements with my brother because as proof that Foxnews is Fair and Balanced, he says that Bill O'Reilly is liberal. Because he believes in a woman's right to choose.

#15 Guest-Guest-*

Guest-Guest-*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Bob's show is much different than Tony's. Binghamton Now is more of a "newsmaker" and informative show where Talk With Tony was a piss and moan about everyone/everything show. If you don't like the new format, then don't listen. It's funny how you folks can't stand the show yet you continue to listen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users