Photo

Dr. Saeed Bajwa indicted 11/7/13; illegally working for Pakistani spy agency ISI

15 replies to this topic

#1 Julia Allison

Julia Allison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

According to the links below, Bajwa was involved in the transfer of funds from ISI (Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence) to the US to serve the cause of Pakistan to influence American policy on Kashmir. He is suspected of being a straw donor donating the funneled funds from the ISI to the Kashmir American Council (a front for the ISI) and may also be involved in a tax conspiracy for asserting tax deductions.

http://www.investiga...e_docs/2273.pdf

http://www.rediff.co...on/20131123.htm

#2 BinghamtonBill

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice News Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

GREAT FIND! 

This is a situation that many knew about inlcuding myself. The FBI RAIDED his offices a few years back. However, the local media has REFUSED to cover the story for fear of losing the ADVERTISING GRAVY TRAIN from the local hospitals that Dr. Bajwa was affiliated with. 

#3 mulligan

mulligan

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Yawn

#4 Responsible_Adult_Female

Responsible_Adult_Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:I love hiking, gardening, bike riding, boating, and just being outside in the sunshine.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

It's about time.......I used to work at Wilson Hospital.  The things that went on with Bajwa are insane.  I'm glad it's coming out.  Maybe the hospital will stop creating jobs for his family members.

Responsible Adult Female

#5 larrymoeandcurly

larrymoeandcurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Family first.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

In the words of Monkey Man "throw his ass in jail"

#6 coldcomfort

coldcomfort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

It's about time.......I used to work at Wilson Hospital.  The things that went on with Bajwa are insane.  I'm glad it's coming out.  Maybe the hospital will stop creating jobs for his family members.

What kind of crazy things?

#7 Responsible_Adult_Female

Responsible_Adult_Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:I love hiking, gardening, bike riding, boating, and just being outside in the sunshine.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Sorry, I'm not opening that can of worms.

Responsible Adult Female

#8 coldcomfort

coldcomfort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Sorry, I'm not opening that can of worms.

You bring up the  subject, yet refuse to elaborate. Sketchy.

#9 The Wanker

The Wanker

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Interests:Who needs an OTK?

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

You bring up the  subject, yet refuse to elaborate. Sketchy.

I understand her apprehensions. We all think of hospitals as places of compassion and care-taking. Fortunately they are for patients.

For employees, though, hospitals are literally sick with personal politics.

I’ve worked a handful of place in my life, but nowhere have I encountered mud-slinging and backstabbing like I did in my stint in two different departments in a local hospital.

I’m still sort of in shock over what went on and how blind management insisted on being to the BS that goes on.

If you’re sick, a hospital is where you need to be. If you want a job where you can do your best, give them an honest day’s work for a day’s pay and not have to accept all kinds of unacceptable crap from your co-workers, stay away from hospitals.

If you’re well skilled at slacking and playing political games with people, by all means, go get a job there.

When is licking a face not an appropriate reply?

#10 2pelo Honey

2pelo Honey

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,430 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Updated Feb 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM EST

(WBNG Binghamton)

Dr. Saeed Bajwa, a local surgeon at Southern New York Neuro Surgery Center is facing criminal charges for conspiracy and false statement.

Bajwa pleaded not guilty on the charges after allegedly sending more than $800,000 to multiple groups in Pakistan.

According to US District Court documents, Bajwa's charges stem from sending money to organizations from 1991 to 2011.

He filed tax returns claiming they were all charitable donations, but prosecutors claim he was actually reimbursed in the form of money or shares.

Bajwa is one of several people involved in the federal case.

He surrendered himself and was arrested on November 12, 2013.

Bajwa could not be reached by phone or at his office. When asked, staff members of Southern New York Neuro Surgery Center said Bajwa was out on disability and would not be back in the office until the middle of March.

His Attorney, David Deitch said he and Bajwa will fight in court for his innocence.

Bajwa has made two court appearance and is scheduled to be back in US District Court in Virginia on March 14.

Bajwa could face up to ten years in prison.

http://www.wbng.com/...-246934591.html

#11 BinghamtonBill

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice News Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Updated Feb 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM EST

(WBNG Binghamton)

Dr. Saeed Bajwa, a local surgeon at Southern New York Neuro Surgery Center is facing criminal charges for conspiracy and false statement.

Bajwa pleaded not guilty on the charges after allegedly sending more than $800,000 to multiple groups in Pakistan.

According to US District Court documents, Bajwa's charges stem from sending money to organizations from 1991 to 2011.

He filed tax returns claiming they were all charitable donations, but prosecutors claim he was actually reimbursed in the form of money or shares.

Bajwa is one of several people involved in the federal case.

He surrendered himself and was arrested on November 12, 2013.

Bajwa could not be reached by phone or at his office. When asked, staff members of Southern New York Neuro Surgery Center said Bajwa was out on disability and would not be back in the office until the middle of March.

His Attorney, David Deitch said he and Bajwa will fight in court for his innocence.

Bajwa has made two court appearance and is scheduled to be back in US District Court in Virginia on March 14.

Bajwa could face up to ten years in prison.

http://www.wbng.com/...-246934591.html

Guess they couldn't IGNORE the story any longer. Of course they give no credit to BCV! 

#12 The Wanker

The Wanker

Ready for Retirement

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Interests:Who needs an OTK?

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'd say his stellar career as a surgeon is over. I've always heard that he's as good you can get around here.

Too bad, really. If I needed neurosurgery, he's the guy I'd want doing it.

When is licking a face not an appropriate reply?

#13 a taxpayer

a taxpayer

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

another GREAT job by BCVoice....thank you..

#14 Bingoloid

Bingoloid

Ruler of the Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

"I'm sorry, sir, but your previous employer has filed an objection to your unemployment claim. Under 'reason for dismissal' they checked 'other' and wrote in 'treason'." - King of the Hill

I am not in extreme danger. I am the extreme danger. A guy drives by and doesn't see anything going on, and you think that of me? No. I am the one who drives.

#15 Julia Allison

Julia Allison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Pressconnects has a link up about this story. Investigative journalism on the local level needs to pick up the pace. Three months late to the table and relying on leads from BCVoice? Your welcome.

#16 larrymoeandcurly

larrymoeandcurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Family first.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

That's funny about investigative reporting and the press. On BJ today Bingo Now they had the press's chief editor in charge who said he was a big investigative reporter in the day. Guess he isn't sending the message to the troops.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users