2012 High School Baseball

Guest Guest

Guest baseball guest

horsehead coaches are top notch,maine-endwell crooks also,and from a standpoint of doing more with less,i give props to former deposit coach terry raymond

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

horsehead coaches are top notch,maine-endwell crooks also,and from a standpoint of doing more with less,i give props to former deposit coach terry raymond

From the records ME and Horseheads have had in the past, the coaches there must be good. Don't know about Deposit but having gone to a small school myself, the coaches at small schools have to be much more instructional to make a good team because of the lack of numbers and experience to draw from. I am not knocking coaches at big schools, but the ones at smaller schools definitely have to work harder to create a good team.

From the records ME and Horseheads have had in the past, the coaches there must be good. Don't know about Deposit but having gone to a small school myself, the coaches at small schools have to be much more instructional to make a good team because of the lack of numbers and experience to draw from. I am not knocking coaches at big schools, but the ones at smaller schools definitely have to work harder to create a good team.

Would agree, but the key work is instruction. Not just being there for the extra money.

Guest Kathleen Dwyer

Who are the top coaches in the section?

Jim Miller of SCC is clearly the area's finest coach.. Armed with tremendous knowledge of baseball history and a high baseball IQ, as well as the soft hands of a middle infielder from his playing days at Lemoyne, Miller is sure to lead this year's SCC squad to the state semi's by teaching them the "moment of truth". Another advantage- the saints will get to sleep in their own bed the night before the state championship game because the tourney is held locally again.

Guest WILDCAT

Jim Miller of SCC is clearly the area's finest coach.. Armed with tremendous knowledge of baseball history and a high baseball IQ, as well as the soft hands of a middle infielder from his playing days at Lemoyne, Miller is sure to lead this year's SCC squad to the state semi's by teaching them the "moment of truth". Another advantage- the saints will get to sleep in their own bed the night before the state championship game because the tourney is held locally again.

who cares about the coach, the players actually need to be good in order to make it anywhere, which is exactly why JC will win a state championchip this year.

who cares about the coach, the players actually need to be good in order to make it anywhere, which is exactly why JC will win a state championchip this year.

Seton Tied JC in legion ball, so i dont know where youre getting this idea that JC has such better players from. To be honest, Post 80's coach should take over the SCC varsity job.. He got the kids to play hard and competitive and the kids actually take him seriously, unlike that goofball Miller

Guest wildcat

Seton Tied JC in legion ball, so i dont know where youre getting this idea that JC has such better players from. To be honest, Post 80's coach should take over the SCC varsity job.. He got the kids to play hard and competitive and the kids actually take him seriously, unlike that goofball Miller

JC's legion team was filled with kids from past years who fooled around and never took much seriously, but this years varsity squad is filled with returners such as clark, pelliccioti, and cutting as well as a good group of juniors coming up from jv.

JC's legion team was filled with kids from past years who fooled around and never took much seriously, but this years varsity squad is filled with returners such as clark, pelliccioti, and cutting as well as a good group of juniors coming up from jv.

Clark was on the Legion team.. and Seton JV beat JC JV at JC last year so any JC JV players coming up are to be matched by the same seton players who beat them.. Not saying JC isnt a good team just saying theyre not any better than Seton

Clark was on the Legion team.. and Seton JV beat JC JV at JC last year so any JC JV players coming up are to be matched by the same seton players who beat them.. Not saying JC isnt a good team just saying theyre not any better than Seton

Those two 6' 7" arms coming at you from JC is pretty impressive.

Guest baseball-101

Oneonta is loaded again this year....CV and OHS will battle things out for Class B and possibly STAC's. OHS returns almost everybody and has a very good pitching staff with Calkins a bonified ace. Should be interesting season in all of STAC....some very good high school baseball teams.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Big Dog

PLEEEEASE, get real! Seton baseball! They have maybe 1 or 2 players last year on JV's, other than that, they are a very very little team. The best days for SCC sports have come and gone with their varsity team last year. For the next 3-4 years barring "transfers", this team will do nothing in STAC, needless to say Sectionals. Especially, since they play all their non-league games in their own class down while other teams (ME always plays up)in their Section play up.

Guest Guest

High school means nothing. It's the summer travel that matters. Get out of the northeast and play the best down south. To many politics in high school.

What do ya play, like 14 games in HS?

Guest missing the point

High school means nothing. It's the summer travel that matters. Get out of the northeast and play the best down south. To many politics in high school.

What do ya play, like 14 games in HS?

can you tell us what it should mean??. i would say about fifteen young men representing their high school competing against other high schools and thjeir players... what am i missing?? what is the greater meaning?? why go south? why not north?? please enlighten me..

Archived