Windsor 7th grader selected for National event... But gets cut from his 7th grade team

Guest surprised

Guest surprised

Wow... What is the Modified Baseball coach at Windsor thinking? And no, this kid is not some "head case"... he is a super kid, gets good grades... a super all-around kid. I was absolutely floored when I heard that he was cut from the 7th grade team.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120404/SPORTS/204040371/Windsor-s-Kimble-chosen-baseball-event

Yup, what do you expect you have unqualified modified coaches who are pressured by parents to choose their" little all stars" and they don't realize the real potential of a majority of their players, so sad.

Guest Guest

Wow... What is the Modified Baseball coach at Windsor thinking? And no, this kid is not some "head case"... he is a super kid, gets good grades... a super all-around kid. I was absolutely floored when I heard that he was cut from the 7th grade team.

http://www.pressconn...-baseball-event

Thanks mom.

Can we have pizza for dinner tonight?

Guest surprised

Thanks mom.

Can we have pizza for dinner tonight?

No, OP is not related... I expected this type of troll response. All I did was relay the facts to a situation that amazed me.

Guest Guest

No, OP is not related... I expected this type of troll response. All I did was relay the facts to a situation that amazed me.

Sure thing. ;)

Guest Guest

Yup, what do you expect you have unqualified modified coaches who are pressured by parents to choose their" little all stars" and they don't realize the real potential of a majority of their players, so sad.

Except the coach is a former MLB pitcher.

He had 42 kids try out for 15 spots.

Next time try taking your head out of your ass first.

Guest Guest

The coaches son didn't make the team and the close friends to the coaches kids didn't make the team, some of the kids who were on the 7th grade team didn't make this years team. If anything, Joel was harder on the kid he knew well. A lot of the kids who were cut are still able to play little leage and those who can't are welcome to play teener ball in the summer. Remember, this is mod baseball and these kids are not going to professional baseball players, most of them won't ever play high school ball and if any will go to college ball.

Guest expert~NOT

agree with many of the points stated, he is a good kid, good grades, etc. personally think there are kids who made the team who should not have, either attitude or academics would have cut them in my book, and two others whose skills or lack of would have seen my cuts. BUT, I am not a coach who was a major league player. Nor did I see what went on in the tryouts, where said player had to sit out part of tryouts the first day. And, as great as I think it is he was chosen for this, you get chosen when you try out, not because someone came and scouted you.

BTW, its not the 7th grade team, its a combined 7/8th grade modified team, 11 8th graders, 4 7th graders. Of all the coaches out there, would think the coach who played major league baseball has a slight advantage over how to judge skills. Who is to say when he found out he made this team he didn't pull himself from school ball? More exposure to a broader audience.

http://www.pressconn...-baseball-event

Guest Guest

Some who didnt make last years team made it this year

The coaches son didn't make the team and the close friends to the coaches kids didn't make the team, some of the kids who were on the 7th grade team didn't make this years team. If anything, Joel was harder on the kid he knew well. A lot of the kids who were cut are still able to play little leage and those who can't are welcome to play teener ball in the summer. Remember, this is mod baseball and these kids are not going to professional baseball players, most of them won't ever play high school ball and if any will go to college ball.

Guest Rob Gardner

Except the coach is a former MLB pitcher.

He had 42 kids try out for 15 spots.

Next time try taking your head out of your ass first.

42 kids trying out. It sounds like baseball is the big sport in Windsor.

Guest Guest

42 kids trying out. It sounds like baseball is the big sport in Windsor.

Nah. I think incest may still be the big sport in Windsor.

Guest blow me

Yes, because I'm sure Trevor is thinking about college baseball and where he is going to go already....rigggghhhhttt. Club baseball...no, high school ball is where scouts will look...upper level summer baseball teams is where the colleges will recruit. Trevor isn't even on anyone's radar yet, he's young, let him be young and enjoy the sport.

Unless it is softball.

Thats because with softball, if you don't play travel, you don't play school. Especially in Windsor where Waldron has his team picked out in October.

Archived