aau...not what it used to be

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Watching AAU boys U16 at Maine Endwell this morning. It's no wonder athletics around here are becoming a joke, and coaches the laughing stock of other areas. For the whole game the coach yelled, slow it down, set it up (apparently talking about their pass and cut "offense"), or cut, or be patient. I would be pissed if I were a parent paying hundreds of dollars for my athlete to be playing for a moron who can't even come up with a simple offense. Congratulations to the coaches who do their jobs and teach these going players. Shame on you washed up morons. You are doing more harm than good.

Guest been there

If you were a parent stupid enough to pay hundreds of dollars for your kid to play in a travel league you wouldn't be intelligent enough to be angry. You'd convince yourself that the coach is great to justify the wasted money, just like you convinced yourself that your kid is going to get a scholarship because you're wasting his/her college money on a useless travel team.

Good Lord, the truth hurts, doesn't it?

Get your kid on the track team where he/she can develop into a better ATHLETE, then he/she becomes a better soccer player- I'm assuming you're talking soccer.

Guest Guest

If you were a parent stupid enough to pay hundreds of dollars for your kid to play in a travel league you wouldn't be intelligent enough to be angry. You'd convince yourself that the coach is great to justify the wasted money, just like you convinced yourself that your kid is going to get a scholarship because you're wasting his/her college money on a useless travel team.

Get your kid on the track team where he/she can develop into a better ATHLETE, then he/she becomes a better soccer player- I'm assuming you're talking soccer.

i thought it might be hoops. same language for both. i'm all for becoming a better athlete, but if you don't have a coach that puts you in a position to show that talent, they must go.

Guest Guest

and coaches the laughing stock of other areas.

Do you honestly think it's different elsewhere?

The overall degradation of the "adult" involvement in sports (lower level coaching AND all level spectator-ship) has been shown to exist everywhere. It's no different here.

Guest Guest

The importance put on youth sports is one of the leading causes of todays societal problems.Teach little jimmy to read,write,balance a checkbook and learn what it means to run up creditcard debt would benefit him much more.

Guest been there

The importance put on youth sports is one of the leading causes of todays societal problems.Teach little jimmy to read,write,balance a checkbook and learn what it means to run up creditcard debt would benefit him much more.

Great point and let him play sports in a schoolyard with is friends with no parents watching and no pretend coaches directing them.

People- COLLEGE COACHES ARE NOT WATCHING YOUR KIDS!!!!!

Guest broome county

AAU basketball around here is a joke. just about any kid can play in the parents have the money.watch ESPN those kids play on real AAU teams thats where the college coach go and watch the kids.NOT TEAMS LIKE THE RAGE most of the kids will never even see a d3 school

Guest Guest

AAU soccer thats a new one. Stupidity shines

Guest Guest

Great point and let him play sports in a schoolyard with is friends with no parents watching and no pretend coaches directing them.

People- COLLEGE COACHES ARE NOT WATCHING YOUR KIDS!!!!!

disagree... Boeheim at JC middle yesterday

Guest just.let.em.play

You are all idiots....lets see, *the boys who play RAGE are not good, they are only there because their parents pay. It has nothing to do with the fact that they want to get better. That they are putting hours into the practice and tournaments not because they want to go D1 or be in the NBA, which they know is not realistic, but just to be better players. *The coaches, who are not paid, they are the only stupid ones to volunteer their countless hours so that bullies can get on BC voice and criticize them. It is awful funny how the loudest bitches and the biggest whiners never get off their buts to do anything about it. Youth sports is corrupting the world despite the fact that it is shown to teach students about hard work, commitment, social skills, time management, and how about the exercise they are getting to keep our society from being #1 in the nation for obesity, how dare them! Not to mention the huge correlation between exercise and learning function (might help with that reading, writing and balancing a check book). Oh and despite Syracuse basketball having a good season we need to get some digs in here for the Coach. WOW. I hope I got that all straight. Honestly can you please find something better to be a pansy about?

Guest Guest
AAU basketball around here is a joke. just about any kid can play in the parents have the money.watch ESPN those kids play on real AAU teams thats where the college coach go and watch the kids.NOT TEAMS LIKE THE RAGE most of the kids will never even see a d3 school

You have no idea what you are talking about. I would argue with you but I never argue with a fool. The Rage has many kids playing college basketball this year.

Guest Uncle Tony

You have no idea what you are talking about. I would argue with you but I never argue with a fool. The Rage has many kids playing college basketball this year.

Name, names and schools....

Guest Big Dog
You are all idiots....lets see, *the boys who play RAGE are not good, they are only there because their parents pay. It has nothing to do with the fact that they want to get better. That they are putting hours into the practice and tournaments not because they want to go D1 or be in the NBA, which they know is not realistic, but just to be better players. *The coaches, who are not paid, they are the only stupid ones to volunteer their countless hours so that bullies can get on BC voice and criticize them. It is awful funny how the loudest bitches and the biggest whiners never get off their buts to do anything about it. Youth sports is corrupting the world despite the fact that it is shown to teach students about hard work, commitment, social skills, time management, and how about the exercise they are getting to keep our society from being #1 in the nation for obesity, how dare them! Not to mention the huge correlation between exercise and learning function (might help with that reading, writing and balancing a check book). Oh and despite Syracuse basketball having a good season we need to get some digs in here for the Coach. WOW. I hope I got that all straight. Honestly can you please find something better to be a pansy about?

Great reply. The money spent for the players lies in the cost of tournaments, insurance, and possibly uniforms if purchased. Coaches in this area are not paid as far I know (Rage, TC Rockets). Is it possible, just maybe, the players wants to play more basketball and at times at a much higher level than local ball. Could it be the player and the parents actually have fun going to the tournaments as well. Does every player that plays basketball have to be a legit D1 player or they stink?? My son has played for both programs listed above and loves AAU. He has seen some very good teams and some average teams at best. The people belittling the AAU teams is the same person picked last in gym class for teams.

Guest been there

Great reply. The money spent for the players lies in the cost of tournaments, insurance, and possibly uniforms if purchased. Coaches in this area are not paid as far I know (Rage, TC Rockets). Is it possible, just maybe, the players wants to play more basketball and at times at a much higher level than local ball. Could it be the player and the parents actually have fun going to the tournaments as well. Does every player that plays basketball have to be a legit D1 player or they stink?? My son has played for both programs listed above and loves AAU. He has seen some very good teams and some average teams at best. The people belittling the AAU teams is the same person picked last in gym class for teams.

Keep convincing yourself that there is some worth to playing these travel leagues. AAU or whatever you want to call it- they're all the same- a waste of money and time.

Guest Guest

Great post - Kids play AAU to get better. Not to play D1. If you have D1 talent - trust me - they will find you ...

As for the Boeheim comments - he is a public figure that can and should be criticized. I have a feeling the heat will continue to increase on old Jimmy. Wouldn't be surprised if he cashed it in soon.

Archived