Mariano Rivera suffers torn ACL, will miss rest of 2012 season

Would think he wants to go out on his own terms, might just inspire him to go through the long rehab process it will take. Only Mariano will be able to answer your question Mulligan. And your right with their starting staff not having a reliable closer is gonna be a killer.

@

Guest RogerRebuttal

Mo has nothing to prove. He is a Godly man. There was a reason this happened. He will see what the Lord has in store for him. A pitcher coming back from an ACL tear??? His chances are slim at his age, even a young kid would have difficulty coming back from that. I imagine knowing him, he'll get back to the mound and maybe throw one inning to say goodbye. That would be a nice send off...

Mo has nothing to prove. He is a Godly man. There was a reason this happened. He will see what the Lord has in store for him. A pitcher coming back from an ACL tear??? His chances are slim at his age, even a young kid would have difficulty coming back from that. I imagine knowing him, he'll get back to the mound and maybe throw one inning to say goodbye. That would be a nice send off...

I guess these aren't the terms he wants to walk away under.

Back at Kauffman Stadium on Friday, the 42-year-old closer firmly said he will not allow his career to end this way.

"I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this," he said. "This has me thinking, I can't go down like this. If it takes two, three, four, five, seven more (seasons), whatever it takes."

I guess these aren't the terms he wants to walk away under.

Back at Kauffman Stadium on Friday, the 42-year-old closer firmly said he will not allow his career to end this way.

"I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this," he said. "This has me thinking, I can't go down like this. If it takes two, three, four, five, seven more (seasons), whatever it takes."

Good to hear! It wouldn't surprise me to see him back before this season ends (maybe Sept/Oct).

*****Edit*****

Just heard last night that Mo won't return until 2013. Regardless, it's great news that he'll be on the mound again.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone knows if Yankees go deep into palyoffs if Mo might be back.

Mo retired and there is no way the Yanks can get by the Orioles and the Mighty Jim Johnson. who by the way is the reason Mo retired...

Archived