Pacquiao vs. Bradley

Crazy88

I can not believe that no one on here is talking about how badly PacMan was ripped off this past Saturday.... I really expected to, at the very least, see a thread mentioning this here.

Pacquiao clearly dominated the fight, anyone with eyes could see that.

I certainly hope there's a rematch and the judges get their heads out of their behinds.

I can not believe that no one on here is talking about how badly PacMan was ripped off this past Saturday.... I really expected to, at the very least, see a thread mentioning this here.

Pacquiao clearly dominated the fight, anyone with eyes could see that.

I certainly hope there's a rematch and the judges get their heads out of their behinds.

Boxing died in the 80's.

I was going to start a thread, but didn't see the point. The Sports Forum is just about dead, but hopefully it will come back to life soon.

I was very glad to see Crazy88 start one. The worst decision I've ever seen since the '88 Olympics (Roy Jones getting ripped off). Also reminded me of the judge who scored the Hagler vs. Leonard fight. I'll never forget his name. It was Jose Guerra (who was the shortstop for the Dodgers at the time) and he had the fight 118-110 for Leonard.

Harold Lederman scores a fight about as good as anybody on the planet. He had PacMan winning every round except one. He warned viewers about CJ Ross and sure enough, she scored the fight 115-113 for Bradley. I honestly don't know what the other judges saw either. When I heard the first scorecard, I knew something was rotten in LasVegas.

Boxing is in trouble and has been for awhile. This doesn't help. I'm not sure if the fix was in or the judges were just incompetent and don't know how to score a fight, but everybody knew PacMan won that fight. Something needs to be done. I could care less about a re-match. PacMan won the fight and there needs to be a Mayweather vs. PacMan fight this November. I really miss the days of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran.

George Foreman had the best quote about boxing. "There really isn't much you can do to help it and there isn't much you can do to hurt it."

Boxing is what it is. Hate to say it, but it's right up there with horse racing these days. I'll still keep watching both sports though. Then again, I also watch Pro Wrestling. :wacko:

The interviews afterwards were hilarious. PacMan standing tall and unscathed and Bradley wheeled-in in a wheelchair like an old cripple.

Some of the reactions I've seen on youtube are funny and other's straight to the point and pretty accurate by my book. I've only seen one fan reaction where the viewer thought Bradley won the fight but I think he may be blind!

I'd love to see PacMan & Mayweather go at it but after all the past talk and current hoopla I just know if it'll happen. It is my opinion that Mayweather is a puss. He says he wants to fight Pacquiao but I think he's all talk no walk.

The interviews afterwards were hilarious. PacMan standing tall and unscathed and Bradley wheeled-in in a wheelchair like an old cripple.

Some of the reactions I've seen on youtube are funny and other's straight to the point and pretty accurate by my book. I've only seen one fan reaction where the viewer thought Bradley won the fight but I think he may be blind!

I'd love to see PacMan & Mayweather go at it but after all the past talk and current hoopla I just know if it'll happen. It is my opinion that Mayweather is a puss. He says he wants to fight Pacquiao but I think he's all talk no walk.

Mayweather is definitely a puss and wants no part of Pacquiao. I wasn't sure a few years ago, but now I'm 100% convinced of it.

After 10 days in the slammer, Floyd is already pissing and moaning. He requested that he be released from jail because the low-quality food and water have threatened his health. His request was denied by a Las Vegas judge who says he should eat and drink what is being given to him behind bars.

Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich said it best:

''It's jail,'' Luzaich told the court. ''Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?''

I'm watching the replay now with the sound muted as to not have the announcers or the crowd bias me in any way.

I do not know what fight they are watching. The graphics after 6 rounds show the announcer having it 6-0 Pac in rounds and I have it 3-3.

I base this solely on how I see one fighter beaing up on the other.

After 7 I now have it 4-3 Bradley.

edit - After 8 I have it 4-4.

edit - after 9, I have it 5-4 P.

edit - the announcer has it 9-0????? Really? I can't wait to turn on the sound after this is over and the decision comes in.

edit - after 10, man, I almost called it a draw, but I HAVE to give it to someone. B looked facially timid to me in that round while Pac showed no hesitation. 6-4 P.

edit - after 11, man, it was close again, but I go with Bradley. 6-5 P

edit - after 12, another close one. First half of the round it looked like B was coasting so maybe he knew the fix was in? Second half I have B winning, and the round and the round to B, so 6-6.

I do not see what all the fuss was about. It was not a terrible decision as Lampley just said, could have gone either way and it did.

Was the fix in? I dunno. We all know fixing has been a part of this sport for ages and probably still is. Hard to say for sure. The only thing I do know is that I am far, far from an expert on this sport so for all I know I could have had 8 of the rounds dead wrong.

These are the facts:

Pacquiao landed 253 punches on Bradley, with 190 of them being POWER PUNCHES.

Bradley landed 159 punches in total. Bradley may have thrown more punches and looked "busier," but nothing significant landed and at no time was Pacquiao in any trouble.

I've watched this fight 7 times now and see it 117-111 for PacMan (9 rounds to 3)

From the 3rd to 9th rounds, Pacman hit Bradley hard repeatedly and had him dazed on a number of occasions. Manny picked his shots and blocked most of what Bradley threw, and landed heavy, clean punches repeatedly. Whatever Bradley threw at Pacquiao, nothing bothered him. No doubt that rounds 3-9 went to Pacquiao, while rounds 1 and 2 and the last 3 rounds (10, 11 & 12) were closer. Lets give the swing rounds to Bradley. That still makes the fight 115-113 for Pacquiao

Bradley was all talk before the fight, saying he was going to bring it, but he instead copied Shane Mosley’s game plan of throwing a flickering jab while backing up, and to top it off he twisted his ankle trying to run away after exchanges.

Pacquiao's biggest mistake was not going for the kill. He should have gone for the knockout and left the judges out of it. He seems to have lost his killer instinct and at times seemed to be toying with Bradley. On occasion smiling at the ringside announcers.

Archived