Is Derek Jeter taking PED's?

27 Time World Champions

Derek Jeter is having an MVP caliber year at 38. Just last year, he was washed up and couldn't hit the ball out of the infield. He gets hurt, comes back, hits #3000 and has been on a tear ever since. No shortstop in the history of baseball has had a season like this at his age. He is the face of baseball and the epitome of clean. Is the Yankee icon above suspicion?

You have to at least wonder

Derek Jeter is having an MVP caliber year at 38. Just last year, he was washed up and couldn't hit the ball out of the infield. He gets hurt, comes back, hits #3000 and has been on a tear ever since. No shortstop in the history of baseball has had a season like this at his age. He is the face of baseball and the epitome of clean. Is the Yankee icon above suspicion?

Of course he is.

I can't believe you are starting this topic.

I would expect if from Mr Sarcastic.

1. No MLB'er is above suspicion.

However, Jeter has a track record for this type of season. It isn't like he "is coming on" like Melky all of a sudden did.

The other factor is the injury factor last year. Because Jeter says more than anyone while telling you nothing it is impossible to really

know the true extent of his injury last year. Also, he finished last season very well.

2. MVP- Yes

If Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout don't get their teams to the playoffs, especially now with the extra team, then Jeter should get it.

I simply beat Mr. Sarcastic to the topic. For what it's worth. I think Jeter is clean. If for no other reason, he would never give the haters the satisfaction. If #2 tests positive.....just burn the city down.

Check out the stats of Aaron, Ruth, Cobb, Mays, etc... It's amazing how even these guys had an off year and came back strong. Even late in their careers.

If there's ever a first unanimous Hall choice. Jeter's it.

I simply beat Mr. Sarcastic to the topic. For what it's worth. I think Jeter is clean. If for no other reason, he would never give the haters the satisfaction. If #2 tests positive.....just burn the city down.

Check out the stats of Aaron, Ruth, Cobb, Mays, etc... It's amazing how even these guys had an off year and came back strong. Even late in their careers.

If there's ever a first unanimous Hall choice. Jeter should be it.

Jeter will be in the hall.... # 2 all times hits leader behind rose i don't see him breaking roses record, by the way rose should be in there

For a fan of the Yankees you sure are clueless about them...... He batted 298 last year...... 2 years ago he looked like crap batting 270. If you know anything about Jeter you that if he has a bad year at the plate he's gonna work hard over the winter and raise his average the next...... Always has raised his average 20 to 25 PTA every time he batts below 300. Check out his career stays. He's above reproach.

Guest Thurman Munson

For a fan of the Yankees you sure are clueless about them...... He batted 298 last year...... 2 years ago he looked like crap batting 270. If you know anything about Jeter you that if he has a bad year at the plate he's gonna work hard over the winter and raise his average the next...... Always has raised his average 20 to 25 PTA every time he batts below 300. Check out his career stays. He's above reproach.

27 is a Reds fan. Anybody who knows him knows that. The Yankees schtick is just to piss people off. Ever think Jeter just injects some steroids when he starts slacking? If Lance Armstrong can test positive so can the golden boy. By the way do you know what Jeters Dad is? Yep, a Doctor. Jeter isnt above reproach or suspicion. Get a clue. If somebody put a gun to my head, I'd say the guy has juiced on a few occasions and hes definitely doing it now.

27 is a Reds fan. Anybody who knows him knows that. The Yankees schtick is just to piss people off. Ever think Jeter just injects some steroids when he starts slacking? If Lance Armstrong can test positive so can the golden boy. By the way do you know what Jeters Dad is? Yep, a Doctor. Jeter isnt above reproach or suspicion. Get a clue. If somebody put a gun to my head, I'd say the guy has juiced on a few occasions and hes definitely doing it now.

First off Armstrong NEVER tested positive in any of the thousands of blood and urine tests..... Secondly Jeter has and never will take steroids.... Bitter and broken mets, Boston and reds fans can say all the stupid things you want I'd bet my house on that! You can that to the bank .....RETARD!!!!!

job well done 27 for bringing the sports forum back to life. Armstrong never tested positive and you still believe in bigfoot. Lance ended his fight because he knows hes dirty. I never would have believed Jeter until this season. Hes off the charts and since there is no test for hgh during the season I wouldnt put it past the King of NY. I hope the guy tests positive just to watch the house fold

Thurman, I won't embarrass you by comparing you to Johnny Bench. Yes, it's true! I was an 8-year old kid cheering for the Big Red Machine in 1976 when they annihilated the Yankees. I have all 4 games on DVD (not many people can say that). After the '76 Series, the Reds traded the heart of the team in Tony Perez and the rest is a sad story.

I started this topic to rattle the cage. Like I said before. I don't think Jeter is juicing. How sure am I? I'd say about 95% sure. Not a chance in Hades I'd bet my house or bank account on it though and nobody else in BCVoice-Land would either if given the chance.

job well done 27 for bringing the sports forum back to life. Armstrong never tested positive and you still believe in bigfoot. Lance ended his fight because he knows hes dirty. I never would have believed Jeter until this season. Hes off the charts and since there is no test for hgh during the season I wouldnt put it past the King of NY. I hope the guy tests positive just to watch the house fold

OFF THE CHARTS! What the hell are you talking about....... He's at his career stats..... During his career he's around a 320 ...12-15 hr..... 70 RBI

Hitter. He's right where he should be..... He's the same type of hitter Pete rose was..... Doubles in the gap and ground balls up the middle and in the holes. He's not and never has been a power hitter.... That's not his game. He's Dh-ing a lot more this season which I think is really helping him and the rest of the guys. I think the Yankees over the last few years have been redefining the DH position..... They don't need or want the Giambi or big poppi type..... Rotating there players in that DH spot is definitely helping out with giving players rest but still utilizing there bat.

38 is ancient for a SS and Jeter is playing like he is 28

Not even close to when he was 28.... His arm has lost a lot and his speed has fallen way off..... He used to be a threat on the bases and used to be able to throw out runners from deep short. He's definitely still the guy I want kit there but not even close to when he was in his 20s . Try again loser!

I have to correct myself. I just did some research and was pleasantly surprised. Ernie Banks, Honus Wagner, Ozzie Smith and Cal Ripken all had great years at the age of 38. I won't list the stats, but they're not far off from Jeter's numbers. Ripken only played in 86 games when he was 38, but batted .340 and had great power numbers. Unfortunately, guys like Dave Concepcion, Phil Rizzuto, Alan Trammell and Barry Larkin didn't do so well at the same age. Robin Yount retired and didn't play at 38. Ted Williams hit .388 when he was 38. Hank Aaron hit 40 home runs when he was 39. Think it's safe to say those guys weren't on roids.

Guest MR SARCASTIC

OK , Its time for Mr Sarcastic to way in..............Must be alot of bad scouts out there, 2 years ago he had lost all his range and bat speed, understandable for an aging icon. The yankees reluctantly overpaid him for past services, i guess OK , with what he has meant to the franchise..............Last year he was a double play machine, how many weak 4-3 grounders did we see, should Jetes be dropped in the lineup?, no we cant hurt his EGO............... He goes on the DL last year, and presto, he comes back a new player. His infield rollers and flairs to right, his calling cards, have been replaced by rockets all over the park........You do the math, not too many careers revitalized at 38, maybe yankee legend ROGER the roider. If andy didnt get busted you yankee apologist would have laughed at any roid accusation , so you can believe what you want, but WHEN THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE......

OK , Its time for Mr Sarcastic to way in..............Must be alot of bad scouts out there, 2 years ago he had lost all his range and bat speed, understandable for an aging icon. The yankees reluctantly overpaid him for past services, i guess OK , with what he has meant to the franchise..............Last year he was a double play machine, how many weak 4-3 grounders did we see, should Jetes be dropped in the lineup?, no we cant hurt his EGO............... He goes on the DL last year, and presto, he comes back a new player. His infield rollers and flairs to right, his calling cards, have been replaced by rockets all over the park........You do the math, not too many careers revitalized at 38, maybe yankee legend ROGER the roider. If andy didnt get busted you yankee apologist would have laughed at any roid accusation , so you can believe what you want, but WHEN THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE......

so you think Jeter is juicing. funny how you didnt have the nut sack to just come out and say it. more like mr. pathetic

Guest Mr Sarcastic

so you think Jeter is juicing. funny how you didnt have the nut sack to just come out and say it. more like mr. pathetic

Must have went to Windsor or Harpursville, can you not read between the lines?

Archived