Binghamton Football

Guest guest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What size are our (bing) receivers. I went to the UE/Vestal game last night to see what we were up against next week. Holy crap, UE has the smallest corners in the league. One is a pretty good athlete and tackler, the other is fly weight and could not come up to stop run. Both should be targets of Yevi.

I predict a lot a air miles against their d, plus I think we can run on them. Everyone else has!

Yevvi is not a good QB..... Great runner but definitely not a great QB! The passes he's hitting are to WIDE open recievers, he's tiny and can't throw ball where it needs to be...... If his receiver weren't good he'd look even worse.

Name a better QB in the section, You evidently haven't seen many of the Binghamton games. We will see end of year when coaches vote on All Metro. Yevi will be there.

Name a better QB in the section, You evidently haven't seen many of the Binghamton games. We will see end of year when coaches vote on All Metro. Yevi will be there.

If BHS beats UE I agree that he will probably be the All-Metro QB. Not a great arm, but he can get the job done. A good all around athlete, too bad he's so small.

I cannot WAIT for the game this weekend so everyone can see how good Bing really is. They should absolutely destroy UE if they play at the top of their game.

I cannot WAIT for the game this weekend so everyone can see how good Bing really is. They should absolutely destroy UE if they play at the top of their game.

Blah blah blah. If this then that. If that then this. If binghamton has to play at the top of their game to beat UE then they are just not that good. As is typical, binghamton is over rated in the eyes of their biased fans as are their coaches! Ramil and Davis are way over rated and half the time out coached by their opponents.

Blah blah blah. If this then that. If that then this. If binghamton has to play at the top of their game to beat UE then they are just not that good. As is typical, binghamton is over rated in the eyes of their biased fans as are their coaches! Ramil and Davis are way over rated and half the time out coached by their opponents.

I didn't say they have to play at the top of their game to BEAT UE, I said they did to DESTROY UE. They could beat them without being at the top of their game. Ramil and Davis are out coached huh? By who exactly? Bing has been very successful since Ramil took over.

I didn't say they have to play at the top of their game to BEAT UE, I said they did to DESTROY UE. They could beat them without being at the top of their game. Ramil and Davis are out coached huh? By who exactly? Bing has been very successful since Ramil took over.

I would have to credit Ramil with a number of bone head moves and strategies over the first few years. But, he seems to be learning.

After beating the Section 3 champ in the Upstate Playdowns last year with that small team I would have to rate him very highly as a coach. I haven’t seen them this year because of the unfavorable home schedule [blow outs are a waste of my time], but plan to be at UE on Saturday. That should be a good one if both teams play their A games.

Why do you think no big kids come out and play for them? Ramil and Davis scare the kids off. There is so much talent in BHS that just doesn't come out because of those two blow hards! All they do is treat the kids like crap.

ok Keshawn. Enough already. You are now a sidliner for Seton. Great job!!

Oh jesus, not that fat punk again. He was on my jv lacrosse team last year. You would think a load like him could cover most of the net, but no, he sucked and barely moved.

Why do you think no big kids come out and play for them? Ramil and Davis scare the kids off. There is so much talent in BHS that just doesn't come out because of those two blow hards! All they do is treat the kids like crap.

Oh please. We're back on the Davis and Ramil are mean and too demanding train again? We've heard this crap on here for years. Give me a break. God forbid someone be tough on this generation and hold kids accountable. My son played for Coach Davis and it was one of the best experiences of his life.

No danger of Ramil being out coached in this one.....the UE has one of the weaker coaching staffs in the league.

PS...did you see where Hurd was quoted in the paper this morning that he gave a speech before the Vestal game and there were tears in the players eyes.....WHAT A BUNCH of BS! What a piece of work this guy is!

Awful quiet since the butt whoppin Saturday night.

Awful quiet since the butt whoppin Saturday night.

Yup, ME thread quited down too... Should be a good one in two weeks. Predictions????? I say ME 42, UE 28

As I expected before the season began, after overachieving last year and losing a number of key players there isn’t a lot of talent on the BHS squad this year. I had false hopes after seeing the Corning score in the paper, but have been brought back to earth after seeing them in person.

Effort was lacking on the defensive side of the ball.

I’m looking forward to seeing a good UE-ME game, but UE had better not put much weight on that lopsided win, that wasn’t a very good team they beat that night.

Binghamton was just plain flat. Not much went their way that night. But an ass whoopin, I'm definitely not so sure. According to the box scores Binghamton still had more rushing and passing yards than UE. Ya can't call that an ass whopping. Binghamton ran the ball and threw the ball when they wanted. I think that long touchtown called back for whatever reason just took the wind out of their sails. Just looks like they don't have some physical players at key positions on defense.

Binghamton was just plain flat. Not much went their way that night. But an ass whoopin, I'm definitely not so sure. According to the box scores Binghamton still had more rushing and passing yards than UE. Ya can't call that an ass whopping. Binghamton ran the ball and threw the ball when they wanted. I think that long touchtown called back for whatever reason just took the wind out of their sails. Just looks like they don't have some physical players at key positions on defense.

I think you are exactly right. Physically, they are just smaller and they've had some injuries to the Offensive line. They had a few of their players playing both ways and Binghamton doesn't usually do that. Not to mention the refs sucked, but when you're Binghamton that's expected.

The only point here I would not agree with is:

"Binghamton ran the ball and threw the ball when they wanted"

If this was true they would have won the game. But, yes the D was the problem. I said lack of effort because after #30 blew past the line of scrimmage nobody converged on the ball carrier. It seemed like they just watched him go instead of reacting immediately.

Flat or lack of effort I guess are two ways to say the same thing.

The only point here I would not agree with is:

"Binghamton ran the ball and threw the ball when they wanted"

If this was true they would have won the game. But, yes the D was the problem. I said lack of effort because after #30 blew past the line of scrimmage nobody converged on the ball carrier. It seemed like they just watched him go instead of reacting immediately.

Flat or lack of effort I guess are two ways to say the same thing.

Then how do you explain that Binghamton having more rushing and passing yards than UE? I don't know, it was a strange game. Binghamton shut down the middle of UE's run game but clearly UE was able to turn the corner. I agree with one of the previous posters regarding the refs...some strange calls, but still part of the game. Plus, fumbling within the 20 doesn't help nor the onside kicks. That was just plain dumb! They gave UE 2-3 drives that were starting on the 50 yard line or less with the onside kicks. That put Bingo's defense in a bad spot right off the bat. Oh well, better luck next year. It's just too bad they are no longer in the same division because realistically, this game doesn't mean anything. That's too bad. They would also see each other again in the playoffs if they were in the same division.

Guest goolad attempt

Then how do you explain that Binghamton having more rushing and passing yards than UE? I don't know, it was a strange game. Binghamton shut down the middle of UE's run game but clearly UE was able to turn the corner. I agree with one of the previous posters regarding the refs...some strange calls, but still part of the game. Plus, fumbling within the 20 doesn't help nor the onside kicks. That was just plain dumb! They gave UE 2-3 drives that were starting on the 50 yard line or less with the onside kicks. That put Bingo's defense in a bad spot right off the bat. Oh well, better luck next year. It's just too bad they are no longer in the same division because realistically, this game doesn't mean anything. That's too bad. They would also see each other again in the playoffs if they were in the same division.

Total yardage isn’t the name of the game. Moving the ball and scoring when the game is on the line wins games. UE shut them down in the 2nd half. Bent a little, but pretty much shut them down.

UE ran the corners in the 1st Q and wore them down. That long TD run #30 made heading toward the parking lot was a huge hole between the tackles. UE OG #77 would have gone long if he was carrying the ball. Then, in the second half they were getting pretty good line surge in the middle to burn the clock. I would say UE controlled the entire line.

It took Ramill a long time to learn that not punting on his own side of the 50 was hurting the team. It will probably take him another year or two to discover that those soft onside-kickoff dribblers are killing them too. The guy who punted after the safety was effective. Punting off would be better than what they are doing now.

UE and Vestal should play the AA’s every year. Eliminate the AA and A Sectional playoffs to expand the regular season. Playoffs are a redundant waste of time in those two divisions and serve no purpose and are seldom of any interest; let the regular season team with the best inter-division record go to the Upstate Playdowns.

Archived