Chandler Jones has great 1st half in Patriots debut

Section4Mike

Guest Johnny Logan
U-E's Chandler Jones in the 1st half vs Titans...2 tackles, 2 assists, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.

It was a big weekend on the big stage for former U.E. athletes. Chandler ended up with 5 tackles and led the defense that stymied the Tennessee rushing attack to a platry 20 yards.

Brother Art plays Monday night. Jim Johnson had a huge save against the Yanks Saturday night.

Bones Jones defends his title soon. No other high school in New York State can match the current crop of professional athletes coming out of U.E. All of Broome County is very proud of you.

No other high school in New York State can match the current crop of professional athletes coming out of U.E. All of Broome County is very proud of you.

While we are all very proud of the Jones' and JJ with the Orioles, how do you know no other NY high school can match? You have some sort of massive database or something? There are some NY schools with 1,300 in their senior class. I imagine at least one of them as a few athletes in the big shows.

The Gronkowski family near Buffalo has three sons in the NFL right now, brother Glenn is at Kansas State playing ball and brother Gordie is with the baseball Angels organization (in the minors). This is just one example I know of. My point is, there are over 600 high schools in NY State. Good chance a few out there match or surpass the amount of professional athletes, including at the top level.

None the less, you are right on one thing. Big weekend and proud time for U-E and I know many in the area are equally as proud and happy four these four young men.

While we are all very proud of the Jones' and JJ with the Orioles, how do you know no other NY high school can match? You have some sort of massive database or something? There are some NY schools with 1,300 in their senior class. I imagine at least one of them as a few athletes in the big shows.

The Gronkowski family near Buffalo has three sons in the NFL right now, brother Glenn is at Kansas State playing ball and brother Gordie is with the baseball Angels organization (in the minors). This is just one example I know of. My point is, there are over 600 high schools in NY State. Good chance a few out there match or surpass the amount of professional athletes, including at the top level.

None the less, you are right on one thing. Big weekend and proud time for U-E and I know many in the area are equally as proud and happy four these four young men.

Three Grongowskis don't equal 4 guys from U.E. My GUESS is that no other school has 4. The big schools are in New York City and they suck in football and baseball. They have an outside chance in basketball but it is unlikely one of those schools currently has 4 guys now playing in the NBA. Overall New York State is not a hotbed for professional sports of any kind.

I agree that no other school in upstate NY has 4 pro athletes. 3 with the gronkowskis. But my understanding one of them went to a different high school than the other two. UE is tops in NY.

• 3 weeks later...
Art, Chandler and Bones Jones thats a heck of a family.

They kind of exposes UE for what it is, a lot of BS. Even with Art and Chandler on the football team they still have never won a single NYSPHSAA playoff game. One year, Art’s senior, with BOTH of them they couldn’t even win the Section 4 title.

What a bunch of losers “most”, not all, the rest of the roster must have been.

BTW, I am sure that there are NYC teams with more than 4 pro athletes. Some knucklehead claimed NYC sucks in football and baseball. Dumb shit! One school down there currently has 3 MLB players and that’s without investigating. There are more NFL players from NYC metro than the rest of the state combined. But, that makes sense given the population.

Guest angry Fran

They kind of exposes UE for what it is, a lot of BS. Even with Art and Chandler on the football team they still have never won a single NYSPHSAA playoff game. One year, Art’s senior, with BOTH of them they couldn’t even win the Section 4 title.

What a bunch of losers “most”, not all, the rest of the roster must have been.

BTW, I am sure that there are NYC teams with more than 4 pro athletes. Some knucklehead claimed NYC sucks in football and baseball. Dumb shit! One school down there currently has 3 MLB players and that’s without investigating. There are more NFL players from NYC metro than the rest of the state combined. But, that makes sense given the population.

This exposes U.E. as the kingpin for producing professional athletes in New York State. I challenge you to name another school with 4 current pros. As far as Section 4 is concerned the last two NFL players before the Jones boys were also U.E. grads. MOTT and KAZ. You are also corrected. U.E. blasted Syracuse Henninger in Isiah's Senior season and lost in the semi's to a team using many illegal players because they were too old.

Archived