I Want To See Binghamton Vs M.E !! !!

Guest Guest

Don't think so. The poster specifically said "they struggled tonight against Ithaca for most of the game."

My bad. You are right, not only did I get posts mixed up, I was referring to a post on another forum. Jeezus H.

Guest Tigerfan

I've seen ME play twice and I've seen Bing play twice. Here is my take. Bing is a DECENT AA team. That is it. They are small but quick. They will win sect 4 AA but that will be it. Road ends against sect 3 in quarters to either CBA or FM.

ME is a once in a lifetime class B team. I think they can break many records. I honestly do believe we are witnessing the best B school football squad in the history of class B football since state playoff inception. Yes better than the Forks squads almost a decade ago.

Now the head to head question. ME is Better in every single position. ME would roll Bing. Bing would score only one touchdown against ME first string defense. Score 48 -7. ME is that good and to be honest would probably win state AA if they were in that grouping. If they won A last year and had everyone back there is reason to believe that scerio would be a possibility.

I think UE and ME will be both undefeated come last game of season. ME will roll 48-14. UE will beat JD in quarters but then lose to Sweet Home in semis in A. ME will blow out everyone in B playoffs.

I've seen ME play twice and I've seen Bing play twice. Here is my take. Bing is a DECENT AA team. That is it. They are small but quick. They will win sect 4 AA but that will be it. Road ends against sect 3 in quarters to either CBA or FM.

ME is a once in a lifetime class B team. I think they can break many records. I honestly do believe we are witnessing the best B school football squad in the history of class B football since state playoff inception. Yes better than the Forks squads almost a decade ago.

Now the head to head question. ME is Better in every single position. ME would roll Bing. Bing would score only one touchdown against ME first string defense. Score 48 -7. ME is that good and to be honest would probably win state AA if they were in that grouping. If they won A last year and had everyone back there is reason to believe that scerio would be a possibility.

OMG! You lose all credibility by your unrealistic and biased analysis. Just another stupid sparent! But like you said, ME is the best ba ba ba ba B team youve ever seen. Who kniws, maybe next year they will drop down to C!

I think UE and ME will be both undefeated come last game of season. ME will roll 48-14. UE will beat JD in quarters but then lose to Sweet Home in semis in A. ME will blow out everyone in B playoffs.

Their opponents so far are 4-14. They are not going to average 57 points a game against teams with double-digit wins come the state playoffs. They might be able to average 40+ if indeed they are heads and away better than all.

Yes, they COULD be the best B team since the state playoffs started, but 04 Forks, 05 Rye, 99 Harrison, 99 Lackawanna were very strong teams. That 04 Forks team, in the state playoffs, played 3 teams that were averaging over 38 points a game and held them to a collective 14 points and won the final 48-0 over a very well respected, but admittedly injured Rye team. That team put 5 in D1 ball, others at the next level. The 05 Rye squad, with about 18 starters back, rolled to the B title that year. I believe they placed 5 in D1 as well.

Either of those teams would give 2012 M-E a great game and could, not would, but could win. I think these three are on par with each other in the realm that on any given Saturday they could knock each other off. Who's the best of the three? We never will and never can know. Only one thing is certain. That is that when the next "best ever" team comes along, people will say they'd handle 2012 M-E and 2004 Forks etc. It's natural because you are presently seeing that great team and the "other" team was a decade ago.

Let's just enjoy this Spartan team, see what they can do and have fun watching the do it. Just like we did in 2004 as the season progressed.

One more thing about Forks from the last decade.

They were in the Class B final 5 straight seasons. Five! They were in the state final 6 of 7 years and were 5 yards from the endzone in state semis in 2006 when the game ended. Had they scored it would have been an unheard of 7 straight years. It stands to reason that the best of those 7 teams would be on-par or perhaps even better than 2012 M-E.

Also consider, CF owns M-E in football. 10-4 overall and 7-1 vs M-E since 1998. Stands to reason when one traditionally very good program owns another who is not quite at the same level from year to year, the best of the one would likely be better than the best of the other. Just tossed that out there as Food For Thought. Yes, there are anomalies. At one time any school could have an amazingly talented bunch, is owned by another school traditionally but this one very special bunch is better then the "owners" best. Rare, but it can obviously happen. Is this 2012 M-E team that bunch? Could be. Might not be either.

In either case, they ARE a great squad. No question about that. But to win it all their season is less than one-third complete. Long ways to go and it will be fun to watch for Spartan fans and others alike.

I think they can break many records.

M-E records? Section records? State records?

Outside of M-E records, there are not too many they CAN break. Many they can tie, # of win records etc. They won't break the record for total points in a season for the section nor the state nor the state playoffs. They are already too low for that on average for the season and already played the weak part of their schedule. I don't see them averaging 52 a game and 7 against in the state playoffs. Could happen though. 52-7 is the best PF-PA for ONE team in states, that's already in the record books. Many have averaged less points against in one season in state playoffs. No idea what it is for Section 4 teams.

They can break Class B records for points in the state playoffs, but that's a tall order.

They can break Class B records for points in the state playoffs, but that's a tall order.

I meant to take that out of my post but screwed it up. It's not a tall order. I think the B record is in the 120s. Certainly doable by this squad if they are far and away better than what the state has to offer.

Archived