Jon Jones Undisputed Champion Of The World

Guest guest

Lets face it nobody is perfect and we have all made mistakes. Jon is a 25 year old world champion making millions and WORKS harder than most humans to be the best in the world at his profession. He even made an extra $65,000 on top of his negotiated contact for his great performance last night. Congratulations Jon "Bones" Jones!

He is no champion. He may be a good fighter but his refusal to fight anyone on a moments notice makes him a coward.

That's funny for two reasons! When Jon refused to fight Henderson he faced a tougher opponent in his next opponent and fought the best fight of his career also when Jon refused to fight they cancelled the whole fight card. That means the UFC needed him on the card to make it happen. Even the owner of UFC, Dana White, stated Jon is one of the top four most important fighters to promote ticket sales and pay per view. The guy Jon fought last night isn't calling him a coward but you are.

That's funny for two reasons! When Jon refused to fight Henderson he faced a tougher opponent in his next opponent and fought the best fight of his career also when Jon refused to fight they cancelled the whole fight card. That means the UFC needed him on the card to make it happen. Even the owner of UFC, Dana White, stated Jon is one of the top four most important fighters to promote ticket sales and pay per view. The guy Jon fought last night isn't calling him a coward but you are.

I forgot, a selfish coward at that. How many people suffered because he refused to fight? Screw him. He will be gone after his first loss.

I'm a fan of and rooting for Arthur Jones and Chandler Jones, but not this bum. I hope he heard the boos last night and took them to heart and thinks long and hard about it. There's a reason why he was soundly booed before and I assume after, although popular, he's not liked by the majority of the MMA fans. And no, I'm not "jealous" or any of the other stupid comebacks many of you say in reply to commentary against him. Just do not like the guy nor how he conducts himself outside of the MMA. Just because he is local does not mean i have to pull for him.

Go Chandler. Go Arthur. Jon, if you didn't have two children to support I'd hope it all caves in on you soon.

I forgot, a selfish coward at that. How many people suffered because he refused to fight? Screw him. He will be gone after his first loss.

I wouldn't blame him if he retires tomorrow. Now go get your toenails clipped.

How many people suffered because he refused to fight?

The UFC never informed Jon that the card would be cancelled if he refused to fight and Dana White admitted it. It wouldn't have changed Jon's decision any. UFC Fighters train to fight a particular opponent and to put their title on the line in a spontaneous fight is not a good thing. It's not like boxing, there's more than one style of fighting in the octagon, something you probably do not understand. The fighters who could not fight the night Jon refused to fight were riding on Jon's back to get paid. So who's more important to the sport?

The UFC never informed Jon that the card would be cancelled if he refused to fight and Dana White admitted it. It wouldn't have changed Jon's decision any. UFC Fighters train to fight a particular opponent and to put their title on the line in a spontaneous fight is not a good thing. It's not like boxing, there's more than one style of fighting in the octagon, something you probably do not understand. The fighters who could not fight the night Jon refused to fight were riding on Jon's back to get paid. So who's more important to the sport?

If you followed MMA from the beginning, fighters had 3 or 4 fights in one evening. No training just fighting. Gracie was a true champion. Jones is a good fighter he is no champion.

If you followed MMA from the beginning, fighters had 3 or 4 fights in one evening. No training just fighting. Gracie was a true champion. Jones is a good fighter he is no champion.

So that championship belt he has successfully defended a number of times is fake?

Yeah because it is Jon's responsibility to run UFC 151??. He SIGNED a CONTRACT to fight Henderson not Sonnen. Jon Jones is not on the executive level of the UFC. Dana cancelled the event, not Jones. Listen to any interview Jones conducted post decision, he gives a clear, logical explanation for his decision. You probably listened to Dana's press conference and nothing else. I'd rather be a coward than an ignorant troll.

He is no champion. He may be a good fighter but his refusal to fight anyone on a moments notice makes him a coward.

Why would Jones fight a guy who isn't deserving AND on such short notice? It's a no win situation for Jones. If he wins, he beats a guy who he should and lets Sonnen get a rub he doesn't deserve. I applaud Jones for not giving into pressure from a promoter who was banking on a sub par card and a makeshift main event to pull off a $60 PPV.

Dana White can piss and moan all he wants. No bigger scum on planet earth than a fight promoter, whether it be UFC, Boxing (Don King, Bob Arum) or Wrestling (McMahon). These guys are right up there with building contractors.

I think Dana should step into the cage with Mr. Jones. Now that, would be something people would pay to see.

Why would Jones fight a guy who isn't deserving AND on such short notice?

I'm the one who posted the "I'm a fan of and rooting for Arthur Jones and Chandler Jones, but not this bum."

I will say this though, I supported him on his refusal on that one fight. I don't give a flying crap if no MMA fighter in the UFC refused on such short notice as White claimed. In no other professional event like that would an athlete be expected to do the same. Jon was right. Still a bum, but right.

Lets face it nobody is perfect and we have all made mistakes. Jon is a 25 year old world champion making millions and WORKS harder than most humans to be the best in the world at his profession. He even made an extra $65,000 on top of his negotiated contact for his great performance last night. Congratulations Jon "Bones" Jones!

Its not a sport. Let's get that straight. It's akin to wrestling, a circus act gone awry. What's most important is this: He needs to start taking DWI seriously. He could have killed his passengers and others! He Got a slap on the wrist. To be so quick to forgive suggests you have never had a run in with a drunk driver; Get your azz into rehab Jones! Don't drink and drive!!

Its not a sport. Let's get that straight. It's akin to wrestling, a circus act gone awry. What's most important is this: He needs to start taking DWI seriously. He could have killed his passengers and others! He Got a slap on the wrist. To be so quick to forgive suggests you have never had a run in with a drunk driver; Get your azz into rehab Jones! Don't drink and drive!!

Jon spoke openly about his arrest for DWI in his post fight interview, perhaps you should educate yourself before running your pie hole. Rehab is a place where people go when there life is unmanageable due to an addiction. Try reading "your" first step again Danny Boy because you can't seem to manage being stupid. let alone life.. After hearing Jon admit to making a lot of mistakes in his younger years and then referring to his recent arrest as a blessing in disguise, combined with him not having further problems (I would say) he's doing fine. Moving forward and not living in the past seems to be working for Jon but in your case - I'm guessing your misery still loves company. Good luck with that!

After hearing Jon admit to making a lot of mistakes in his younger years and then referring to his recent arrest as a blessing in disguise, combined with him not having further problems (I would say) he's doing fine.

Not having further problems? It's been three months. The test of time, real time, will be proof if he's learned. Heck, even Lindsay Lohan has often gone a paltry three months without "further problems".

Archived