Johnson city out coached again

novolliehere

Well the head coach for Johnson City Football did it again. He was again out coached by the other teams coach. He has no concept of how to call offensive plays or to utilize his players to the best possible benifit of the team. Its a sad state of affairs were The Varsity Program is concerned. Some former Coaches must be rolling over in there Grave that this is being allowed to continue!

Well the head coach for Johnson City Football did it again. He was again out coached by the other teams coach. He has no concept of how to call offensive plays or to utilize his players to the best possible benifit of the team. Its a sad state of affairs were The Varsity Program is concerned. Some former Coaches must be rolling over in there Grave that this is being allowed to continue!

You say coach can't coach. Offer examples where he was out coached. Should have run instead of passing? Go for two instead of extra point? Too many penalties?

First of all, J.C. does not have the talent this year and secondly, this belongs in the sports forum.

This Dienharts 5th year. Very sad they have kept him this long. I think the program would be in better shape if they had picked Robinson instead of Dienhart. It would be true especially from a decipline standpoint.

What exactly was Godfreys record? J.C. has been a disgrace for a long time.

Godfreid had that streak in the early to mid 80's where they didn't lose for like 3 years.

It has been a long dry spell for the Cats. The only meaningful game they have won in the last 10plus years was the section 4 playoff game against ME a few years ago.

I think Tony Romeo had the program headed in the right direction back in the early 2000's but they got rid of him.

I am not sure what they see in Dienhart that makes them keep him in the position.

Guest Andy Peters

This is why I say that the High School football programs are cyclical. I didn't see the spartans or the sparents bragging about M.E. back then. And I just hope that M.E. can take it as well as dish it out when their dry spell comes about again. Dienhart is counter productive for J.C.'s football program but for some reason they keep him on.

This is why I say that the High School football programs are cyclical. I didn't see the spartans or the sparents bragging about M.E. back then. And I just hope that M.E. can take it as well as dish it out when their dry spell comes about again. Dienhart is counter productive for J.C.'s football program but for some reason they keep him on.

It doesn't have to be cyclical. Most HS coaches just aren't very good so when you get a good group of kids come through you have a couple good years. Where you have a good coach and good program (rare) the program sustains the success. CF is a good example. They've had essentially the same group of coaches for a long time and they have a system in place to develop their players. The avg HS coach is a teacher who loves the paycheck and got the job mainly because he was a teacher. The M-E coach seems to have a good program in place so I expect they won't have a lot of bad years or losing seasons. This group of kids they have just happen to be better than most so they'll go a long way.

Gottfried had that streak in the early to mid 80's where they didn't lose for like 3 years.

When he started, he had an almost immediate impact. Struggled producing 0.500 ball his first two seasons as HC, but once his system was fully entrenched, it was watch out. Here's JCs record for his first eleven seasons:

1973: 5-4-0

1974: 4-5-0

1975: 8-1-0

1976: 7-2-0

1977: 8-1-0

1978: 6-3-0

1979: 6-2-1

1980: 9-1-0

1981: 10-0-0

1982: 10-0-0

1983: 9-1-0

When he started, he had an almost immediate impact. Struggled producing 0.500 ball his first two seasons as HC, but once his system was fully entrenched, it was watch out. Here's JCs record for his first eleven seasons:

1973: 5-4-0

1974: 4-5-0

1975: 8-1-0

1976: 7-2-0

1977: 8-1-0

1978: 6-3-0

1979: 6-2-1

1980: 9-1-0

1981: 10-0-0

1982: 10-0-0

1983: 9-1-0

Coaches like Chuck produced and recruited football players. They loved him. They believed and trusted him. He maximized what he had. "Run it again!" That's how he got the play to the huddle. Priceless.

Did JC get out coached yeterday vs Horseheads? Fact-JC varsity has low #s-one injury to a starter=a mess on the field. Add those players back in and the "coaching" suddenly improves.

Guest chuck burger

You could say the same for M.E. Who did they beat, and what were the records of those teams? Will you be there when they cry like babies on the sidelines after getting beat by an average team? In the playoffs they will run into teams that can actually play football. They will cry all the way home after getting beat 42 - 7, then they will see just how great a team they really had this year.

You could say the same for M.E. Who did they beat, and what were the records of those teams? Will you be there when they cry like babies on the sidelines after getting beat by an average team? In the playoffs they will run into teams that can actually play football. They will cry all the way home after getting beat 42 - 7, then they will see just how great a team they really had this year.

Is it true JC vs CV next week?

Archived