Binghamton vs UE

Guest Gamer

Guest Confused

How does Binghamton shut out both Elmira and Horseheads 47-0, two teams that both ran all over UE score 3 and 4 touchdowns on them and keeping the games close?

How does Binghamton beat down Ithaca 35-6 yet Ithaca ran and scored I think 3 TDs on UE?

How does Binghamton go into halftime against Corning 35-7 and finish the beat down 55-17 with the second string playing the 4th yet UE goes into half down by a point and pulls away in the 4th?

How does Binghamton play this well against these other teams and then proceed to crap the bed against UE, a team that IMHO is not as good as they think they are?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand, injuries and suspensions. I know Bingos starting tackle was out with knee injury so they started a freshman. They also had 2 other linemen and one of their corners suspended for academic reasons....no idea about details.

Guest Stanton
How does Binghamton shut out both Elmira and Horseheads 47-0, two teams that both ran all over UE score 3 and 4 touchdowns on them and keeping the games close?

How does Binghamton beat down Ithaca 35-6 yet Ithaca ran and scored I think 3 TDs on UE?

How does Binghamton go into halftime against Corning 35-7 and finish the beat down 55-17 with the second string playing the 4th yet UE goes into half down by a point and pulls away in the 4th?

How does Binghamton play this well against these other teams and then proceed to crap the bed against UE, a team that IMHO is not as good as they think they are?

The only correct outcome you have is the Corning game. In that game Binghamton beat Corning easier then U.E. did. U.E. had an easier time with ithaca then Binghamton. U.E. also crushed Horseheads.

U.E. beat Binghamton because they had the edge in the following areas.

Kicking, both kickoffs and punts. Twice Binghamton started inside the 20 while Binghamton gave U.E. great field position. Binghamton was not as disciplined and had more penalty yards and drives stalled because of flags.

Recievers U.E. had the two best receivers on the field in Czebiniak and Yesesensky.

Running backs, Cheslock was much better then any of the Binghaotn backs.

Play selection by Binghamton was poor. They tried to run too much against a superior U.E. line. They should have passed the ball much more.

As far as your injuries go I don't want to hear that excuse from Binghamton. U.E. lost Sammy Davis Jr who was a far greater loss then anybody Binghamton had. U.E. was also without the services of their speedy wide receiver.

Lol! I actually agree with some of what you said. But a far superior line? Regardless of suspensions and injuries (which I know nothing about so I cant speak of it) Binghamton still had more rushing and passing yards. So superior, definitely not. I happened to have listened to this game on the radio. Even the announcers were shocked by the officiating starting with the long TD pass that they stole from Binvo that had them up 14-0 early in the game.

I agree with the kicking situation. UE only had to play a short game while Bingo had to drive. Turnovers also led to I believe 2 of UE scores. Can't play like that and expect to win. Bottom line, Bingo played like crap and failed to show up. UE superior? LOL!

Guest Stanton
Lol! I actually agree with some of what you said. But a far superior line? Regardless of suspensions and injuries (which I know nothing about so I cant speak of it) Binghamton still had more rushing and passing yards. So superior, definitely not. I happened to have listened to this game on the radio. Even the announcers were shocked by the officiating starting with the long TD pass that they stole from Binvo that had them up 14-0 early in the game.

I agree with the kicking situation. UE only had to play a short game while Bingo had to drive. Turnovers also led to I believe 2 of UE scores. Can't play like that and expect to win. Bottom line, Bingo played like crap and failed to show up. UE superior? LOL!

lets see who has the last laugh here. I saw the game in person and you listened on the radio. Cheslock ran for 272 yards. The U.E. line opened up some holes for him to get that.

The Binghatmon running backs had few yards. Most of Binghamtons rushing yards came from the QB scrambling and his one big run. When Binghamton handed off to their tailbacks they did nothing. Everybody knows U.E. has a weak pass defense. Amazingly Ramil stalled drives with his runs instead of passing where U.E. had a weakness.

I not only watch the game I record it for my grandson. UE tried multiple times to run the middle with #40 and got NOTHING. All UE yards came to the OUTSIDE you baphoon....cuz Binghamton completely shut down the middle. Opening holes my butt! And please stop making up numbers. 272 is more rushing yards than the press reported as total rushing yards for all of UE. The previous poster was right, Bingo had more yards rushing and passing....so there goes your make believe theory of UE domination!

I not only watch the game I record it for my grandson. UE tried multiple times to run the middle with #40 and got NOTHING. All UE yards came to the OUTSIDE you baphoon....cuz Binghamton completely shut down the middle. Opening holes my butt! And please stop making up numbers. 272 is more rushing yards than the press reported as total rushing yards for all of UE. The previous poster was right, Bingo had more yards rushing and passing....so there goes your make believe theory of UE domination!

Stats aside, all that matters is the score which showed UE domination

Stats aside, all that matters is the score which showed UE domination

No need to expound on this level of naive ignorance. You obviously don't know much about footbal, but I guarantee you could name me all of the American Idol winners by name in order of season! LOL.

I am from Binghamton but now live and work in the UE school district so trust me, I hear it all. Hear is the difference, for UE beating Binghamton was like winning the superbowl. I am sure Binghamton dislikes losing any game, but they keep moving on. Be proud of the standard and reputation you have built Binghamton. It speaks volumes that if someone beats you it actually makes their whole season!

Uh no. UE and Forks have the most storied programs in the Bing area. Bing was a doormat for awhile until a few years ago. How can beating Bing be such a big deal when UE has the edge in all time wins versus each other since the bing merger in the mid 80s.

Storied programs in the Binghamton area? Not gonna say, but this image shows the record of all Broome County teams, plus Tioga, Owego, Greene Norwich and Oxford since Binghamton Central and North merged.

Knock your socks off.

Clicking the image will present a full-sized version you can read.

Depending on your browser, you will have to click the back button in your browser or a "Close X" at the bottom-right of the image.

broome.gif

Sect4mike ? Exactly Ike I said above. UE and Forks have the best records the last 30 yrs according your spreadsheet in Briome County. I did say Bing area. One can argue that Tioga is not Bing area. It's actually closer to Ithaca. If we go back 40 yrs it's even more evident. UE also should have an asterix as about 20 of those losses were from powerhouse teams outside the section that Bing hasn't TOUCHEd until recently.

Yes UE storied program the last 50 yrs

1. The last 4 NFL players in your Bing Area came out of UE. How ridiculous is that?

2. By far the most Div 1 players in your Bing Area the last 40 yrs.

3. 2 time rated by USA today Top25 team

4. Two coaches in top 30 all time NY football wins. The only NY school to have 2.

5. Saturday night home games. Just joking on that.

Sect4mike ? Exactly Ike I said above. UE and Forks have the best records the last 30 yrs according your spreadsheet in Briome County. I did say Bing area. One can argue that Tioga is not Bing area. It's actually closer to Ithaca. If we go back 40 yrs it's even more evident. UE also should have an asterix as about 20 of those losses were from powerhouse teams outside the section that Bing hasn't TOUCHEd until recently.

I know. I included Tioga as they are nearly as close as Norwich and they have a great overall record.

I DO have info going back to the 50s thru 70s for many teams, but for many I do not, so I found the 1981 cutoff to be a good place to start.

Mike

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! You all just proved my point! This is how self-absobed these morons are here in UE!! 50 years ago? I wasn't even born then!!!! 30 years ago?? Who cares?? Even 10 years ago, who the F!@# cares?? I remember just a number of years ago when Stento was the coach of Binghamton and they were everyone's doormat. All I'm saying is that since Stento, under this coaching staff Binghamton is again a winning and dominant program. Uh, how bout we stay in the modern era and just go back 2, yes 2 years ago when Binghamton pretty much dismanted the entire UE Athletic program by beating UE twice in one year by a total of 80-20 if my memory serves me well. And yes, I definitely recall that because I thought that many of my co-workers and you self-absorbed morons here in UE were going to go on suicide watch. The fact of the matter is that with the exception of UE this year, Binghamton pretty much has to travel OUT of the area to compete and lose a game!! And yes, this includes ME because Binghamton had their number too until they stopped playing Binghamton.

As far as this "Section4Mike" goes, I have absolutely no idea of who are what you are, but when you build your entire career and your name around the athletic activities of 15-17 years olds, I'd be very concerned!! I mean seriously, catch a clue and keep things in perspective. Sandusky also made quite the name for himself by being self absorbed and intimitely involved in the athletic activities of teenage boys!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! You all just proved my point! This is how self-absobed these morons are here in UE!! 50 years ago? I wasn't even born then!!!! 30 years ago?? Who cares?? Even 10 years ago, who the F!@# cares?? I remember just a number of years ago when Stento was the coach of Binghamton and they were everyone's doormat. All I'm saying is that since Stento, under this coaching staff Binghamton is again a winning and dominant program. Uh, how bout we stay in the modern era and just go back 2, yes 2 years ago when Binghamton pretty much dismanted the entire UE Athletic program by beating UE twice in one year by a total of 80-20 if my memory serves me well. And yes, I definitely recall that because I thought that many of my co-workers and you self-absorbed morons here in UE were going to go on suicide watch. The fact of the matter is that with the exception of UE this year, Binghamton pretty much has to travel OUT of the area to compete and lose a game!! And yes, this includes ME because Binghamton had their number too until they stopped playing Binghamton.

As far as this "Section4Mike" goes, I have absolutely no idea of who are what you are, but when you build your entire career and your name around the athletic activities of 15-17 years olds, I'd be very concerned!! I mean seriously, catch a clue and keep things in perspective. Sandusky also made quite the name for himself by being self absorbed and intimitely involved in the athletic activities of teenage boys!

Stop being a complete butthole. Tone it down to being at most a semi-butthole.

Obviously some people care, just like they do in other aspects of history, be it worldwide or local. Some people don't give a crap about who won the Boar War or why World War I One started, but many do. So freaking what if you were not born 50 years ago? What's that got to do with anything. The present flow of this thread moved into the past, so people are discussing it. Are you telling me you never talk about events of the distant past? If so, that's YOU. Others do. Deal with it.

Now, by your attack you must then feel that anyone who volunteers their time to youth athletics you are concerned about? Volunteer coaches? People who run the concessions, who sell tickets, who run the parking? They are all a potential Sandusky? Give me a break. Tens of thousands of people volunteer their time in the way they can, be it via coaching, helping in matter that need you to work physically, or with the new-age online ways like web pages and information. Would you have felt better and rested easier if Secton4mike had the same info for NFL teams? Or would you have hammered him for paying too much attention to grown men? What if the information was for a woman's sport? Or the Olympics?

Damn! This is probably some of the truest stuff I've read on this site.

Damn! This is probably some of the truest stuff I've read on this site.

So your more proud of having a few good years recently than having a storied winning program? Thats rediculous, i bet your a nationals fan too huh?

So your more proud of having a few good years recently than having a storied winning program? Thats rediculous, i bet your a nationals fan too huh?

Uh, I don't know how to break the news to you, but sports is a "what have you done for lately" type of endeavor. And yes, I heard that on the NFL Network! LOL! But when you think about it, it's actually pretty acurate. The only people who really care about what happened 30 and 50 years ago are the old retirees with time on their hands to mull over the stats. Go ask any of these 16 year old kids if they care athing about the 79 UE team, the 85 Binghamton team, etc. I'm sorry to break it to you, but no one cares! What have you done for me lately?

And the OP is absolutely right, in recent years Binghamton has been one of the most dominate teams in the area. I don't need to reiterate what the OP said, but he/she is pretty much spot on. Binghamton destroyed UE twice two years ago by a combined 80-20 score, several times in years before that, and also beat ME for I don't know how many years, and on and on. With the exception of UE this year, Binghamton does have to travel out of the area to compete and get beat! So yes, that does make Binghamton a dominate team in the area. And I don't even care about Binghamton because I'm not from there! I'm just being honest and objective!

Guest Big time scout
Yes UE storied program the last 50 yrs

1. The last 4 NFL players in your Bing Area came out of UE. How ridiculous is that?

2. By far the most Div 1 players in your Bing Area the last 40 yrs.

3. 2 time rated by USA today Top25 team

4. Two coaches in top 30 all time NY football wins. The only NY school to have 2.

5. Saturday night home games. Just joking on that.

Yes indeed. Binghamton can't touch this. All we hear about is how they beat U.E. when U.E. was down and their QB was out two years ago. Binghamton has ZERO NFL players since the merger. ZERO major league baseball players. ZERO MMA champions. If I was moving into the area and I wanted a big time college or pro career I would attend U.E. over Binghamton any day of the week.

Everyone loves to talk about how "dominant" Binghamton is. Are they really? After this season and the beatdown U-E gave them I would think not.

And before everyone starts saying about Binghamton being so tough M-E refuses to play them...who makes the Section 4 Football schedule......Garbarino, the athletic director for Binghamton. The same guy who pads the schedule of the AA by forcing the schools to play all the AA schools...that is a great system and will continue to provide Bingo with wins in the future based on numbers and attrition. Facts being facts.....Garbarino and Ramil were afraid to play M-E this year because of their vaunted Bingo program were to get kicked in by a B school they would never live it down. FACT

Everyone loves to talk about how "dominant" Binghamton is. Are they really? After this season and the beatdown U-E gave them I would think not.

And before everyone starts saying about Binghamton being so tough M-E refuses to play them...who makes the Section 4 Football schedule......Garbarino, the athletic director for Binghamton. The same guy who pads the schedule of the AA by forcing the schools to play all the AA schools...that is a great system and will continue to provide Bingo with wins in the future based on numbers and attrition. Facts being facts.....Garbarino and Ramil were afraid to play M-E this year because of their vaunted Bingo program were to get kicked in by a B school they would never live it down. FACT

Garbarino does not make the schedule, but he's one of the committe that does.

As for losing to a B school, they've played and lost to B's before, but not recently.

Garbarino does not make the schedule, but he's one of the committe that does.

As for losing to a B school, they've played and lost to B's before, but not recently.

I don't think that they have lost to a B school since A was the top classification. Then, we are really talking about C scolls and I don't think they have played that low.

Archived