Jim Johnson Implodes Part II (The Sequel)

Guest Mitch Wild Thing Williams

Guest Mitch Wild Thing Williams

Once again Union Endicott native Jim Johnson gets shellacked by the Yankees in the top of the 9th. This time the Umps werent there to bail him out. JJ still doesnt have a meaningful save to his name and has proven to be a choke artist when it really counts.

It's all about the postseason and those 51 saves of his dont mean a thing

Im a Yankee Fan .. But why hate on the local kid who is really off to a great career. Its not often that someone who went to highschool in our home town palys at the major league level... and a All-Star. Who in recent history has done that in baseball. Dont get me wrong I want more than anything for the Yankees to win But why hate on the kid??? Bush league!!!!! Focus on how good we are not how how bad someone else is. That takes away from that if you imply they won because he sucks? Come on man!!!!

Derek Jeter summed it up after the game:

"Jim Johnson has been great for them all year and we were lucky to get those runs off him. It probably won't happen again and hopefully, we won't see him again"

I agree with the captain. It won't happen again and I hope the Yanks don't see him again.

Is anyone more done than Gay-Rod?

A-Rod jumped the shark.

How many more years do the Yanks have to pay this guy $30 million/season? As big a Yanks fan as I am, I was happy to see Jim Johnson come back. A-Rod looked like he was swatting at flies. I have absolute zero confidence in the guy. All the while he's up to bat in the top of the 9th, I'm thinking to myself:

"Just get on base, anyway possible, so Cano can get up!"

Don't even get me started on "Swishalicious!"

How much confidence do you have in Phil Hughes starting Game 4 if they're down 2-1? Give me Derrick Lowe or CC on short rest.

This series has the makings of a classic. Back to Yankee Stadium on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Guest U.E.  major league leader

i gotta tell ya, jj escaped gain. gay-rod swung at 3 balls with cano waiting on deck, close call

LOL three up and three down is not escaping. No balls left the infield. The more important question is why Arod is still hitting third? Arod should be hitting 7th in the lineup. That last out should have been a better hitter at the plate.

Guest UE/Yankee Fan

The guy who started this thread is a moron and apparently, a jealous hater, too. JJ's 51 saves "don't mean a thing".???.......... I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be watching Baltimore in this series if he didn't save those games. In fact, if he "only" had 47 saves, Tampa Bay wouldd have been the wild card team.

The guy who started this thread is a moron and apparently, a jealous hater, too. JJ's 51 saves "don't mean a thing".???.......... I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be watching Baltimore in this series if he didn't save those games. In fact, if he "only" had 47 saves, Tampa Bay wouldd have been the wild card team.

I think he should eventually move into the rotation, he has great stuff.

JJ is an obvious crucial piece to Baltimore's success this year and anyone who says different is actually mentally disabled, and that isn't funny.

A-Rod jumped the shark.

How many more years do the Yanks have to pay this guy $30 million/season? As big a Yanks fan as I am, I was happy to see Jim Johnson come back. A-Rod looked like he was swatting at flies. I have absolute zero confidence in the guy. All the while he's up to bat in the top of the 9th, I'm thinking to myself:

"Just get on base, anyway possible, so Cano can get up!"

Don't even get me started on "Swishalicious!"

How much confidence do you have in Phil Hughes starting Game 4 if they're down 2-1? Give me Derrick Lowe or CC on short rest.

This series has the makings of a classic. Back to Yankee Stadium on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Swish will be out next year.

The Yanks will cut him loose because if they are going to get under the 189 million they can't keep em' all.

A Rod is obviously killing them.

But,

So is Jeter's contract and next deal coming up??

Cano is due to be re signed and the Yanks can't fool around with him.

Ichiro a 1 year deal? Granderson up as well? Mariano and Pettite for another year to year deal??

They have series probems if they want to get younger and cheaper.

CC on short rest is my vote, I wouldn't goof around with Baltimore if it gets there.

Archived