Windsor Football

Guest lonehunter

The program is terrible all the way down to the youth level. I am aware that the youth level is "town ball," but they have to follow the varsity playbook. There is nothing creative about it. I feel bad for the kids, as there are some great ball players. Unfortunately, they don't have a chance to shine.

The program is terrible all the way down to the youth level. I am aware that the youth level is "town ball," but they have to follow the varsity playbook. There is nothing creative about it. I feel bad for the kids, as there are some great ball players. Unfortunately, they don't have a chance to shine.

Wrong about the youth levels... Windsor chooses to place two teams at each level in the STYFL (age 7/8 - age 9/10 - age 11/12) Plus all Windsor 7th graders must play school ball... not so with other teams.

Each Windsor team is evenly split talent wise. In doing so, all the kids get a chance to play both offense and defense... not just "three plays per game" like some other teams in the league mandate. Also, there are teams in the league who do not allow kids to sign up late... those teams try to keep their numbers down in order to have one team... (Gotta keep all the "good kids" together so we can win attitude) even it it means having 30+ players on one team. Last season one STYFBL organization split a squad due to very high numbers... and sadly, they chose to do a "A" squad and "B" squad... the haves and the have-nots.

Finally, How the heck would you know if the youth teams follow the varsity playbook or not... there are certain things such as technique and technical expressions that follow down from varsity to JV to modified to youth level... the youth level follows the modified playbook to what ever level they can acheive.

Stop bitchin and be part of the solution instead of the problem that seems to be pretty pervasive in our society today.

Try... Support.

Wrong about the youth levels... Windsor chooses to place two teams at each level in the STYFL (age 7/8 - age 9/10 - age 11/12) Plus all Windsor 7th graders must play school ball... not so with other teams.

Each Windsor team is evenly split talent wise. In doing so, all the kids get a chance to play both offense and defense... not just "three plays per game" like some other teams in the league mandate. Also, there are teams in the league who do not allow kids to sign up late... those teams try to keep their numbers down in order to have one team... (Gotta keep all the "good kids" together so we can win attitude) even it it means having 30+ players on one team. Last season one STYFBL organization split a squad due to very high numbers... and sadly, they chose to do a "A" squad and "B" squad... the haves and the have-nots.

Finally, How the heck would you know if the youth teams follow the varsity playbook or not... there are certain things such as technique and technical expressions that follow down from varsity to JV to modified to youth level... the youth level follows the modified playbook to what ever level they can acheive.

Stop bitchin and be part of the solution instead of the problem that seems to be pretty pervasive in our society today.

Try... Support.

I am well aware of how they split their teams and agree with the more playing time for the kids. I don't agree with other schools "stacking teams" or playing "Another One Bites the Dust" after they win a YOUTH game.

I do know what I am talking about and I wasn't bitching, I was stating a fact. I have sympathy for the kids, nothing I can do to help. I go every week and support the kids by cheering them on as they get killed. The coaches do have to follow the playbook, don't feed me your crap. They are just plain being out-coaced. Sorry to say it.

Take your high-horse of self knowledge some where else.

Their record is now 3 wins and 4 losses. They have improved tremendously since the last few years. Partly because the coach tried to build a team around his son for 3 years and his son just wasn't good enough to be the cornerstone of a struggling program. Their losses this year have come against a state ranked team of Waverly 29-14, a good team in Norwich 28-14. They got beat pretty bad against CV but 2 of their top running backs and linebackers were out. Horseheads game was close until the last 5 minutes and they fell apart. This is hardly the doormat of section 4. Their wins were against Owego, SV and BGA. Not the greatest opponents but compared to the last 3 years when they were getting BLOWN OUT in every game, even the softer teams, by 40 points, this team is improving. Next year they should be an even stronger team considering there are only about 4 seniors that start on this team. As for the poster who said he feels sorry for them even tho he cheers them on every week; Do more if you can. You cheer them on because of ties to the school and the kids. Offer some of your time in the offseason to assist the kids in having more opportunities to train in the offseason. Before you tell me to get involved, save it. I have been for over 8 years in all sorts of capacities and I do it for the kids and because I love the sport. Come see me at the next game in oneonta or wherever the last game of the year is scheduled to be at. I would love to build the network of parents willing to help like myself. More rides for the kids, go to the track and run with them, throw some footballs around in the back yard, organize a touch or flag game so they continue to play some in the off season. If you have home gym equipment and kids that either play, cheer or are f4riends with players, open up your home. I do. If you really want to help then we can figure out a way to meet and get even more organized.

Have you ever seen the gym at the windsor high school?? They have a bend the bar program but the kids don't go, you will see more soccer kids there then football. The football program is lacking in many area except budget! Spoiled momma boys!

Yes I have seen the gym and worked out in it. It is awesome, and yes there are a good number of kids that weren't going but there is a core group of players that have been attending regularly. Personally I would like to see it more than just one hour. Not enough time. I would also like to see the coaches there other than just the one volunteer Mike. He does a good job, but where are the rest of the coaches. They should be there a good portion of the time too in my opinion. Perhaps split the days up between them. You can't make it mandatory but you can let the kids know that their playing time will be dependent upon how hard they work. I would also like to see them go to all day camp next year. 4 hrs a day is not enough time to prepare and condition the kids. Do all the teams in section 4 only do 4 hr day camps? Or are there some teams who still all day?

Not the greatest opponents but compared to the last 3 years when they were getting BLOWN OUT in every game, even the softer teams, by 40 points

Interesting, considering that from 2008 to this season the lost by 40 or more just ONCE.

Ya know what you are right about the 40 points stat. I'll give ya that one.

2 and 7 wins were 6-0 and 16-6 Dryden and WP

losses were 53-16,27-0, 28-6, 36-14, 22-8, 19-8, 74 points in 9 games

2011 all losses, 33-8 14-8 23-6 24-0 36-14 40-8 47-0 42-21 25-18 83 points in 9 games 284 against My point is that they were beaten up on for a few years and their morale was down, but they are hardly even close to the doormat of the section. My prediction is they will beat Oneonta this week and have a .500 record. with 1 game to be assigned at the end. Not bad for the kids. Last year it just seemed like windsor was out of every game as soon as it started.

My prediction is they will beat Oneonta this week

They should. That team has like zero D. They've allowed at least 40 against in all games but one. 314 total against in 7 games. My lord!

true story!

Try... Support.

And the Modified playbook is basically the varsity play book, Duh! And the youth teams can achieve more than modified in most situations considering children at the youth level learn faster and easier and also retain more at their age....Proven fact! by the time they hit modified they already know everything, so they believe!

Why dont you stop making excuses for bad coaching and political bull crap and be a part of the solution!

And the Modified playbook is basically the varsity play book, Duh! And the youth teams can achieve more than modified in most situations considering children at the youth level learn faster and easier and also retain more at their age....Proven fact! by the time they hit modified they already know everything, so they believe!

Why dont you stop making excuses for bad coaching and political bull crap and be a part of the solution!

I will as soon as you get your coaching license and apply for the job.

They were struggling to hire coaches this fall and will again next year.

Now is the time to bring your knowledge to the table and stop knowing everything from the hill.

As for the playbook BS not being creative, I got some news fer ya, it is too creative.

If they kept it a little more simple they'd be better off.

Problem is they are only 1 or 2 kids deep at skill positions and if kids get hurt they have poor back ups.

The real truth is most of these kids think they are a lot better than they are.

They walk around with their shit kickers and hats on and do jack squat in the offseason to improve besides chew

skoal and hunt with their mothers. If they spent a little more time in the weight room, playing a winter sport, and a lot less time with

"old man" who still wears his Jets jersey to the mall they might take another step forward.

I will as soon as you get your coaching license and apply for the job.

They were struggling to hire coaches this fall and will again next year.

Now is the time to bring your knowledge to the table and stop knowing everything from the hill.

As for the playbook BS not being creative, I got some news fer ya, it is too creative.

If they kept it a little more simple they'd be better off.

Problem is they are only 1 or 2 kids deep at skill positions and if kids get hurt they have poor back ups.

The real truth is most of these kids think they are a lot better than they are.

They walk around with their shit kickers and hats on and do jack squat in the offseason to improve besides chew

skoal and hunt with their mothers. If they spent a little more time in the weight room, playing a winter sport, and a lot less time with

"old man" who still wears his Jets jersey to the mall they might take another step forward.

You are describing someone very meticulously and pointedly and it is not going unnoticed. Sounds like you have a problem with that kid and his family. Maybe HS football is not the most important thing to him, yet it still doesnt mean he cant participate. And believe me I would rather have that kid playing out there than a good portion of some of the kids that are starting.

You are describing someone very meticulously and pointedly and it is not going unnoticed. Sounds like you have a problem with that kid and his family. Maybe HS football is not the most important thing to him, yet it still doesnt mean he cant participate. And believe me I would rather have that kid playing out there than a good portion of some of the kids that are starting.

Not true.

I have followed the program for a number of years and many of the kids take the "woodchuck" look on like they are proud.

It is really pathetic and far from representing themselves as athletes.

I know you know everything, because you keep telling us you do so again get your application in.

Not true.

I have followed the program for a number of years and many of the kids take the "woodchuck" look on like they are proud.

It is really pathetic and far from representing themselves as athletes.

I know you know everything, because you keep telling us you do so again get your application in.

I am involved. epic fail

Their record is now 3 wins and 4 losses. They have improved tremendously since the last few years. Partly because the coach tried to build a team around his son for 3 years and his son just wasn't good enough to be the cornerstone of a struggling program. Their losses this year have come against a state ranked team of Waverly 29-14, a good team in Norwich 28-14. They got beat pretty bad against CV but 2 of their top running backs and linebackers were out. Horseheads game was close until the last 5 minutes and they fell apart. This is hardly the doormat of section 4. Their wins were against Owego, SV and BGA. Not the greatest opponents but compared to the last 3 years when they were getting BLOWN OUT in every game, even the softer teams, by 40 points, this team is improving. Next year they should be an even stronger team considering there are only about 4 seniors that start on this team. As for the poster who said he feels sorry for them even tho he cheers them on every week; Do more if you can. You cheer them on because of ties to the school and the kids. Offer some of your time in the offseason to assist the kids in having more opportunities to train in the offseason. Before you tell me to get involved, save it. I have been for over 8 years in all sorts of capacities and I do it for the kids and because I love the sport. Come see me at the next game in oneonta or wherever the last game of the year is scheduled to be at. I would love to build the network of parents willing to help like myself. More rides for the kids, go to the track and run with them, throw some footballs around in the back yard, organize a touch or flag game so they continue to play some in the off season. If you have home gym equipment and kids that either play, cheer or are f4riends with players, open up your home. I do. If you really want to help then we can figure out a way to meet and get even more organized.

Whats the name of their QB?

Who knows. He was retired from teaching and it may have been time to turn it over to an active teacher, but it was abrupt and seemed like it was mostly because he couldn't beat forks.

Who knows. He was retired from teaching and it may have been time to turn it over to an active teacher, but it was abrupt and seemed like it was mostly because he couldn't beat forks.

Think about it.

They gave the job to a guy who is buddies with the AD and he wanted to move his boy up early.

He is still there and still not qualified to led a program.

The problem for Hodack came before the current AD, he just inherited the blame. Hodack cut his own throat when he started throwing his staff under the bus and playing kids that weren't even attending school. The school board had enough of him snubbing good kids for criminals and losing all at the same time. After he retired it wasn't much of a decision. He had a nice run through the 90's but it was time for him to step aside.

Archived