U-E (7-0) vs. M-E (7-0)

Guest Kirk Herbstreit

Guest Big dog

When teams are good, people tend to not like them.

Examples = Bulls of the 90's, Patriots of the 2000''s, Spartans of the last 3-4 years.

Wow, then include UE of the 70's and early 80's in basically all sports, UE in the 90's in baseball.

Pretty short window for the ME teams.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big Dog
Yeah classless would be if you heard how Hurd reacted to MEs offer today of meeting up, shaking hands and rooting each other on in the play offs. I heard from a friend who knows the UE AD that Hurd said he felt disrespected by ME.. how about throwing against MEs second string with how first, or him kicking an onside kick with a minute left down by 21. Now that's classless. I may be a Vestal fan but I have never been fond of Hurd. He's a cocky jerk, and is an immature coach who cant make changes or adjust at all to a team. Terrible coach

Your reply shows that is doesn't matter what UE did or does, you will criticize Hurd. If Shane can't make changes or adjustments in a game as you say, what does that speak for your football head coach for a whole season or seasons that can't make changes???

"Maybe a Vestal fan", You are a Vestal fan and you do not like the fact that UE has rolled your inferior team again this year, last year, time after time, year after year.

Basically Vestal has seen the best years go by in the major sports and will take it on the chin for years to come in those sports. Thoccer and lacrosse is their sports. Find that thread and do not open your mouth when the thread is about football, baseball, basketball. By the way when you speak of classless, be careful, at least you mention on the field activities about Hurd not like your varsity basketball coach "Shameless off the field activities".

Good Luck in your football semifinal game. That will be the last chance at a victory this year.

Hurd is a jerk. Can't kick an insides kick when down 21 and ME has their second string.. no class, gallagher had the right to be pissed

Great onsides kick, they got the ball, scored a touchdown, avoided a shutout. Were they supposed to just stop playing because Gallagher put second string players in? I'm certain that Gallagher, in the exact same situation, would have done whatever it took to put some points up. Hurd had made poor decisions earlier in the game that cost UE points. Before the half, they were twice in easy field goal range with a first rate kicker and Hurd chose to run it. Should have been 14-6 at half, not 14-0. It would have been a very different game. Later near the 50 instead of punting Hurd chose to go for it on 4th and 10 and gave ME great field position. Touchdown ME. Can't give anything to ME. They're too good for that. So 13 points directly attributable to Hurd's coaching mistakes. Of course he didn't want his guys to suffer the shutout.

People need to stop speculating as to what happened. No one really knows what happened other than the players involved and the coaches who tried to break it up. These coaches are human and they will get heated when it comes to the protection of their players. I know Shane and Matt and would say that both are stand up guys who you would love to spend time with. The fact of the matter is these kids are all friends, and the coaches are human beings with families. Leave the hearsay and the bashing to yourself. This is high school football. I will say however that what happened as the players walked up to the locker room was inexcusable. UE players are pissed because of what happened out on the field, whether at themselves or at the Spartans. Let them walk to the locker room without being harassed.

Hurd is a jerk. Can't kick an insides kick when down 21 and ME has their second string.. no class, gallagher had the right to be pissed

Yet M-E does the same thing when ahead by 6TDs.

Archived