UE vs ME game ranked top 10 HS game nationwide

Guest Foofan

This weekend's game according to calpreps is a BIG game.

Then why isn't ESPN televising it?

Why isn't Time Warner televising it?

Because NOBODY cares outside of Broome County, that why. It's not even a top 10 game in NYS.

What does d-1 players have to do with anything? You have the last year Class A State Champions playing the top ranked Section 4, and NY Class A team (per MAXPreps). It is a neighborhood rivalry game with two undefeated teams. Sounds pretty compelling to me!

Here is a big if. What if UE and ME ever combined football teams like Elmira and Corning did. That would Be one SICK AA NYS program. Sad thing is it would still have a smaller enrollment than 4 or 5 section 3 schools. MW or even Newburgh.

ESPN doesnt show "compelling" class A games or B games. They show games with 3 or 4 D1 players playing on each team sparent.

We were talking about why it is a top high school game. You put the D-1 and ESPN stuff on it....like it makes a difference.

Guest Heres a wild idea

Realistically, there should be many less districts in the area. Forks and Valley should combine and create Chenango. UE, ME and JC should for a Town of Union district. SV and Windsor should consider consolidation. Greene and Oxford. Newark Valley and Owego. Etc, etc, etc... Binghamton and Vestal are really the only two that do not have a natural companion.

Many states and counties across the country have 'area' school district. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages, but with the dwindling population here, I think it would make sense. Athletically, it would make a great deal of sense. The programs would be much more competitive on a yearly basis, and we would be able to attract greater attention to prospective collegiate level student-athletes.

Binghamton and Vestal are really the only two that do not have a natural companion.

Vestal? Really? U-E is not a natural companion? Their two school buildings are the two closest geographically in the Section.

Realistically, there should be many less districts in the area. Forks and Valley should combine and create Chenango. UE, ME and JC should for a Town of Union district. SV and Windsor should consider consolidation. Greene and Oxford. Newark Valley and Owego. Etc, etc, etc... Binghamton and Vestal are really the only two that do not have a natural companion.

Many states and counties across the country have 'area' school district. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages, but with the dwindling population here, I think it would make sense. Athletically, it would make a great deal of sense. The programs would be much more competitive on a yearly basis, and we would be able to attract greater attention to prospective collegiate level student-athletes.

I understand that some [i don't know how many] of the people in JC who live from West End Park along Riverside Drive would like to split from JC and join Binghamton. In that scenario, part of JC school distict could go to BCSD.

I'm for disolving JC and the City of Binghamton myself. But, thats another topic.

Guest Heres a wild idea

Vestal? Really? U-E is not a natural companion? Their two school buildings are the two closest geographically in the Section.

Think about the convoluted lines between UE and ME for districting, and they are both part of the Town of Union with much of JC's school district. Make much more sense then across the river. Vestal's district stretches some 11 miles long, from Bing to App, never directly bordering UE, always separated by the river, no?

I understand about the West Side of JC joining Binghamton, that would potentially make sense as well...

And remember kids, this is hypothetical. Never going to happen across the board, but would make some sense.

So, we should combine high schools for sports? That is your reasoning? Forget about education, crowded classrooms, many more fights and other problems caused by bigger schools, if it makes sports better, do it. We wonder why education is in the struggle it is in. Cuomo wants one high school per county (just like they do in Florida) and then we will have the power teams you want. Who cares about the kids as long as we can have great sports teams!

Think about the convoluted lines between UE and ME for districting, and they are both part of the Town of Union with much of JC's school district. Make much more sense then across the river. Vestal's district stretches some 11 miles long, from Bing to App, never directly bordering UE, always separated by the river, no?

Well, last I checked CV and CF are too separated by a river. So why is everyone in agreement they should merge? I have a sneaky suspicion that had the Forks selected their other river long ago and became Tioghnioga Forks these merger talks would not pop up nearly as much, perhaps never.

This is first time in NCAA college football history they have already decided to give Heisman trophy out midseason and to a high school player no less. Nick Sorrenti of ME is your 2012 NCAA college football Heisman winner.

Archived