XMAS IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Mr Sarcastic

I wonder if that pathetic, phony, scrub "Swish" who never shows up when it counts was able to keep the pinstripes loose on the plane ride back to NY after being swept? After all he is just a kid having fun out there and keeps "the boys loose". Or was he still too hurt because his "peeps" and "creatures" out in RF turned on him and hurt his feelings back in Game 1 and 2? Poor Nick.

I wonder if that pathetic, phony, scrub "Swish" who never shows up when it counts was able to keep the pinstripes loose on the plane ride back to NY after being swept? After all he is just a kid having fun out there and keeps "the boys loose". Or was he still too hurt because his "peeps" and "creatures" out in RF turned on him and hurt his feelings back in Game 1 and 2? Poor Nick.

you really do need to get a life.....

Guest bobby valentine/farrell

It's easy for you idiots to hate the Yankees because they beat your teams. The Yankee organization is run like a business. They are a very successful business because of how it is run. You, on the other hand, are like the other businesses that can't make ends meet. Do you enjoy your team losing all the time and not even making it to the playoffs? I would hate to see a team you put together because you do not understand how a business is run if you can't understand why they win.

Guest Mr Sarcastic

I love the "lights excuse" swish tried to use====LOL he can go to Pittsburgh, they never see October and him and AJ can reunite and bring back the pie

"Swishalicious" learned a hard lesson. I hope it wasn't him who pissed and moaned to the NY Media about the fans booing, but most people seem to think he was the anonymous source

NY is simple. Win and you're a God. Mess up and they'll shoot you. Doesn't matter how many Twitter followers you have.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Say what you want about Swish - he carried that team for a couple months this year and has been a solid contributor for years. He filled in for Tex like a champ and always seemed to get hot when the big boppers went silent. There is no excuses for his post season performance and he would be the first to admit it. I hope the Yanks look long and hard at this year's crop of Free Agents before they decide to give Swish the slip. I'm not seeing any Paul O'Neils or Reggie Jacksons out there 27. At least with Swish you know what you are getting. .275 - 25 HRs - 90 RBIs - .350+ OBP and versatillity in the field and in the Batting Order. He has shown the ability to come through in the clutch repeatedly in the regular season - just has been able to take that into the post season. Hard to explain for sure - then again how does a guy hit .615 over is last nine games of the season and go O for 30 or whatever like Cano did ? It was almost as strange as the gnats on Joba in Cleveland. I say if Swish wants to stay - they can certainly use him - especially with all the aging vets inevitably breaking down through=out the season. His ability to play 1B and the OF and being a Switch hitter should not be undervalued by the organization. Do I like the guy - yeah - no question, but look at the numbers - any team would love to have him.

A. The Yanks choked, plain and simple from the way they played to the way the organization handled the players. It was Red Sox'sesque.

They embarrassed themselves and once Jeter hit the deck after an unbelievable season they folded alltogether.

B. Time for a change. Swish overperformed my expectations for him in his tenure in the bronx but more over, he has to go. Poor defense and real bat when it counts makes him easy to replace in Yankee Stadium.

I wouldn't mind seeing them keep Ichiro. Even at his age he plays everyday and gives quality defense (even though he refuses to ever dive) and adds the offensive element that Yank's fans miss. With him, Gardner healthy, and Jeter they would have a core of quick guys. They definitely need another outfielder with speed for when Gardner hits the deck which he will. If Nunez could put in real time there instead of SS he would be a no brainer.

How much does Granderson ask for?? His situation is similar to Ichiros.

Chavez, Ibanez, Jones etal....All can be replaced. You gotta like Ibanez for pinch hit/the occasional day off against a righty bat but that is where it ends. In the Bronx you can justify Ibanez. Chavez hits the ball the other way and Jones is the all or none guy. Both can be changed out and youth in the organization could be served here.

ARod: stuck with him so they better make him comfortable and do what they can to keep him happy.

Jeter: Contract comes up again next year. They want under 189 million and his contract could be the one that breaks the bank, as could Mo's potentially.

Pettitte: Year to year, certainly couldn't hurt them and he wouldn't cost them unreasonablely.

Rotation: Pineda healthy is the x factor. CC needs a long off season as he is the one who really carried the Yanks this season.

Joba needs to go. I think we've all seen enough of his show.

The Yanks should be looking for decent pros in the offseason that can hit for average to sprinkle around Cano, ARod, Tex, and the occasional DH/bench bopper.

A. The Yanks choked, plain and simple from the way they played to the way the organization handled the players. It was Red Sox'sesque.

They embarrassed themselves and once Jeter hit the deck after an unbelievable season they folded alltogether.

Rotation: Pineda healthy is the x factor. CC needs a long off season as he is the one who really carried the Yanks this season.

Joba needs to go. I think we've all seen enough of his show.

It is funny how so called Baseball fans don't realize that the game is a game of streaks. If a team isn't hot then they can lose 6 out of 8 games at any time. There is no team that ever goes from april through October without going through at least 3 or 4 of these stints. CC did not carry this team Kuroda never missed a start and it was him that carried this pitching staff.

It is funny how so called Baseball fans don't realize that the game is a game of streaks. If a team isn't hot then they can lose 6 out of 8 games at any time. There is no team that ever goes from april through October without going through at least 3 or 4 of these stints. CC did not carry this team Kuroda never missed a start and it was him that carried this pitching staff.

exactly. Look what happened to the Tigers. Thier bats went just as cold as the Yankees did and it cost them. You can't go in a hitting slump during the playoffs and expect to win. On the flip side. Look at the Giants. They got hot at the right time.

Archived