Guest Shane Cook

Guest Shane Cook

Recently saw a lot of girls from the area signing for soccer, and I know a lot of you don't care, but it begs me to ask 2 questions:

1. If these players are THAT good, then why does all knowing Shane-TakeYourMoneyandRun-Cook's UFC girl's teams get repididly pounded in State Cup?

2. Why were Vestal and Maine-Endwell not state powerhouses like UE or Forks were when they had D1 tallent? Seeing as most of these girls come from those schools.

For the record, just an area soccer fan who's seen some great Binghamton area squads play, both boys and girls, and a tad skeptical of what this man has done for soccer in the area.

Guest Really?

Recently saw a lot of girls from the area signing for soccer, and I know a lot of you don't care, but it begs me to ask 2 questions:

1. If these players are THAT good, then why does all knowing Shane-TakeYourMoneyandRun-Cook's UFC girl's teams get repididly pounded in State Cup?

2. Why were Vestal and Maine-Endwell not state powerhouses like UE or Forks were when they had D1 tallent? Seeing as most of these girls come from those schools.

For the record, just an area soccer fan who's seen some great Binghamton area squads play, both boys and girls, and a tad skeptical of what this man has done for soccer in the area.

You are correct, we DON'T care. Whether you like it or not, Shane and others have assisted many in this area and will for years to come. Fortunately there are people like Shane that are willing to work on improving soccer in this area and not folks like you that hide behind a screen and log in as someone that they intend to bash.

Really, do you feel like you have accomplished something with your babbling?

Guest slammin'

Soccer is fairly new to the USA as far as national competition goes....we, the USA, are really stepping up to the plate to advance our skills in this sport. Europeans have a PASSION for the sport similiar to our love for football. Guys like Cook are helping get us to this level....whether you like him or his tactics. Can you do better? Didn't think so. If so, do it. Otherwise, STHU. Read another thread. I'm NOT a SC fan, but respect his passion for the game and that he is at least trying to do his best to promote it. I hope he doesn't lose sleep over reading these posts from experienced critics like you.

You also need to realize that the numbers of girls signing is far down from our past, local soccer is a shell of what it once was and thats a shame. Go back to 1999 and see the players our area had- that year alone had 8 D1 girls soccer players and one of them ended up being an All-American in college. Its the same as the guys bragging we have 3 players going D1 this year and in the past Vestal itself would do that every year. Our teams just aren't that good anymore sorry but its the truth.

I don't think anyone is questioning whether he is passionate or not. My son played UFC and loved how intense he was. However a parent from the U18's last year told me he showed up with his daughter like he had something to prove? To me, the most passionate and respected soccer coach in the area was/is hands down either: Al Mydlinski or Ross Riley

To me, the most passionate and respected soccer coach in the area was/is hands down either: Al Mydlinski or Ross Riley

Then you don't know too much about local soccer- Mydlinski is a knowledgable coach but is far from respected. His teams were often out of control and his sideline actions left a lot to be desired to say the least. Ross Riley was a good coach and nice guy but never really won anything. His teams always fell just short in State Cup so I can't put him up there.

As the previous poster said, #1 isn't even close Herrick far and away. His success was so so far beyond anyone else its not even close. He was respected nationally not just in our area, its why he won National HS Coach of the Year.

This area hasn't produced a stud female soccer player in at least a decade. the only good one was Strom and none of the above mentioned nimwits ever coached her.

Good one. First, she WAS coached by one of the so-called nimwits you refer to. Second, why, in your opinion, do you consider her the only good female soccer player in the past decade?

Guest Respected

I don't think anyone is questioning whether he is passionate or not. My son played UFC and loved how intense he was. However a parent from the U18's last year told me he showed up with his daughter like he had something to prove? To me, the most passionate and respected soccer coach in the area was/is hands down either: Al Mydlinski or Ross Riley

Is this the same Mydlinski who had an issue with minors at his house? If he was the SV Coach, then your comment about "respect" maybe misplaced. If this is the same guy, then he is a dinosaur that would not be able to get his certification in today's soccer requirements.

No doubt about Ross Riley. Truly a figure never to be forgotten. Although there is another Riley that does not even match up to his father! It is a shame!

Guest Bubble elite

I have a son who plays for Mydlinski. What is the whole minors in the house thing about? Haven't heard about this.

You should ask him, but I am sure he will deny it..... Just like the others at the bubble. Most would not pass the background checks to coach anywhere else.

Guest Paul Marco

Sounds like things are really going to shit at UFC by reading the above posts. Deflection at it's best.

Strom played in Syracuse and Rochester shane, just because you coached her for a U8 tournament in your mind you created her?

Guest slammin'

There have been some real good soccer players (girls that I know) from this area going D1. Look at the SUNY B roster...the Bennet girl from Dryden is going there next year and the Maslin girl from WP has a verbal committment to go there after next season. Oneanta has had some go D1 as well.

Is this the same Mydlinski who had an issue with minors at his house? If he was the SV Coach, then your comment about "respect" maybe misplaced. If this is the same guy, then he is a dinosaur that would not be able to get his certification in today's soccer requirements.

No doubt about Ross Riley. Truly a figure never to be forgotten. Although there is another Riley that does not even match up to his father! It is a shame!

Strange coaches. Mydlinski with the minors in the house thing, and Riley wanting to hang around preteen girls.

Guest Big Dog

I have first hand witnessed how Shane Cook is a money hungry leach on friends. I am absolutely sick of seeing a person who leaches on to friends who have money. Wow.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

i agree, there are some very good women's soccer players that signed. stahl and terry from vestal chose D2, neira who turned down Bing Univ to go D2, carpenter from waverly D2, salvody from m.e. turned down Bing Unv to go Uof Albany. ......all UFC premier players.

Guest Guest

This area hasn't produced a stud female soccer player in at least a decade. the only good one was Strom and none of the above mentioned nimwits ever coached her.

Ross Riley coached Strom. She is a stellar soccer player and student in D1 now

Archived