M-E Girls Basketball

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Congratulations to Dr. Sonny Speara and the team! You go girls!!!!!!!

It is nice to see success from this area. Nice to see the girls succeed.

Especially since some of the M.E. boys teams have so many issues.

Congratulations!!!!!!

-- A non-ME. parent

Guest Guest

Congratulations to Dr. Sonny Speara and the team! You go girls!!!!!!!

It is nice to see success from this area. Nice to see the girls succeed.

Especially since some of the M.E. boys teams have so many issues.

Congratulations!!!!!!

-- A non-ME. parent

Figures non-ME parent couldnt not say something about ME even when they're trying to compliments them!

Guest hoops

M-E and Troy to the final two....congrats to both....but in reality neither could advance out of Class B. Oneonta beat bpth handedly head to head this year. Betating Troy 2x by double digits and beating M-E by what could have been 25+ but coasted in for an under 20 win. Sometimes it's not about who you play but who you don't have to play.

Irvington and Oneonta both win class A going away.

Guest hoops

The fact that they were even there is both a testimony to M-E and the work they did....but it is also a lack of a statement for Class A basketball this year in NYS. Bothe Irvington and Oneonta win Class A going away.

Guest Guest

Poor showing by the other coaches for the game, especially the football staff and Ocker. Support the girls like they did the football team....0 football coaches showed up.

Guest Guest

Sonnys got those girls playing great at the right time!! GO SPARTANS!!

Sonny got smoked. Sonny was totally outcoached. M.E. had more talent and should have won. They blew a 10 point lead. M.E. could find a better coach..

Guest Guest

Poor showing by the other coaches for the game, especially the football staff and Ocker. Support the girls like they did the football team....0 football coaches showed up.

Who cares what other coaches showed up? Really? Is that the reason they lost? That sounds like something Sonny would say/observe/notice, but at the end of the day no one really cares about girls basketball and the Big East championship was on? Come one, really no brainer.

Guest Guest

I sat right near one of the football coaches. You're speaking out of turn. There were about thirty plus kids in the front rows as well. Given the distance and winter as well as baseball and basketball aau going on I thought the support was good. Secondly, Sonny did a helluva job. You are a tool (or more likely a troll) for attacking that. You couldn't carry that guy's gym bag, get a life.

Guest Guest

Modified and two varsity coaches were there, as well as a decent fan section. I mean come on, it's a girls basketball game, no one really cares, it's not like it was the boys. Sounds bad I know, but it's true. Plus Matt Gallagher was at a AAU tournament in Cortland I'm assuming because I know his boys play for the Rockets and I saw the bracket since my son played up their this weekend.

Guest Stat Man

Hearty congratulations to the M-E girls and Coach Spera. I know they have to be disappointed but the team is packed with juniors. I got to know these girls and their parents when my daughter played on a summer AAU team with them for three years. What a fantastic bunch of kids and adults. The team chemistry was fantastic... not a 'tude in the group. Congratulations to Miranda Drummond and her Harpursville team. She also played with this group. The Flyers AAU girls basketball program deserves some serious "props" for helping to build two NYS power teams.

Guest Big Dog

Sonny got smoked. Sonny was totally outcoached. M.E. had more talent and should have won. They blew a 10 point lead. M.E. could find a better coach..

Wow, can we finally just stop bashing teams, schools or people who have success. You know why no one mention your name? Because you are unsuccessful in sports, probably in life and are either is a jealous kid who is not mature enough to know better or a parent who is pissed, a parent who had splinters from the bench or a parent who wore the black knit socks in gym class and was picked last....your whole life. Congrats to Sonny and ME girls, Harpursville girls who went to the finals!!

Signed

UE Parent

Guest guest

Wow, can we finally just stop bashing teams, schools or people who have success. You know why no one mention your name? Because you are unsuccessful in sports, probably in life and are either is a jealous kid who is not mature enough to know better or a parent who is pissed, a parent who had splinters from the bench or a parent who wore the black knit socks in gym class and was picked last....your whole life. Congrats to Sonny and ME girls, Harpursville girls who went to the finals!!

Signed

UE Parent

Amen.

Archived