High Speed Rail

ginger

Governor Cuomo is looking at high speed rail again. He wants to know why the first estimates he got were so expensive... for the same reason our water/sewage plant is so expensive. People have to get paid. Does he think illegal aliens are going to build it when he know they have to be paid prevailing wage on state jobs? I bet President Trump could get it built on time and under cost. I bet Baron could get it done. :)

On that note, I thought I heard BC was thinking about another walking rail trail. Somebody should tell them it's winter here a lot of the year. Why can't we have a passenger train? 

Bombardier in Plattsburgh...do they build rail cars? I thought at one time we were building rail cars on Court st...wasn't there a Siemens?

A few years ago I looked at the rail line maps...I thought it was feasible for at least tourist purposes.

So instead of talking to President Trump who probably has all kinds of info for Governor Cuomo he asks Elon Musk. It appears Mr Musk has never heard of the third rail. 

California blew, excuse me, laundered about $100 BILLION in taxpayer money before they threw in the towel. Cuomo is just looking to pay off some of his buddies with gazillion dollar contracts I'm sure.

^I know, I've been trying to follow along with them over the past couple of years. Governor Newsom put a hold on the project. At a new projected cost of $98 billion up from $33 billion at the initial inception, there is no money, public, private or otherwise.

Here is a link to Elon Musk"s hyperloop ideas. I don't see how they could work in NYC subway system but I'm not an engineer. Maybe mixed use for express lines only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop

• 4 years later...

Chuck Schumer just announced Siemans is building a high speed rail manufacturing facility in HORSEHEADS! 

That should have been here! That should have been right at the STOW MFG site. Who the hell dropped the ball on that one?