Union Endicott student loses election for UE school board

UE MOM2

In the UE district there have been lawn signs for months for the school board election.  And over the last couple weeks there were numerous TV news stories and social media posts on Nathan Hanzalik, a senior at UE high school, running for school board. He lost the election yesterday to Dick Testa.

Testa - 762

Hanzalik - 591

It seemed like the media was really pushing him on voters, I didn't see Dick Testa interviewed by one local news agency... but Nathan was all over the news.  I understand it's unique when a student runs, but from the perspective of a UE tax payer, he was never an option.  I applaud him for running, but maybe with more life experience and once he owns a home and pays school taxes, he will be a better option in the future.

The kid lost support when he went after a Korchak endorsement.  When you're dealing with a young person seeking elected office, you have to consider their judgement.  He displayed horrible judgement thinking Korchak was someone who's endorsement was a good thing.  This lost him a lot of votes, Korchak is pretty hated, especially in Endicott.

IMG_4089.jpg