Endicott Washington Ave business struggle with street project

Many Washington Avenue business owners are speaking out about how bad business has been since the reconstruction began last month.  Before the project began, business owners were told the village was taking extra measures to help businesses during this period. Nothing has been done! Now with businesses suffering, the village seems surprised that businesses have been affected. Mayor Nick Burlingame thinks a few Facebook posts are going to make a difference.  Just now he's thinking of temporary lighting?  Where were these plans over the last several months?  Unfortunately many of the businesses won't survive until November, when the project is said to be completed.  This was poor planning by everyone involved.

It's sad to see the business owners pleading for help on social media.  If there was a plan to help these businesses, it wasn't a good plan.  And if there wasn't a plan, that's awful.  Based on what I've seen, it seems like there wasn't a plan. 

The Mayor of Endicott Nick Burlingame thought "IM NOT LINDA JACKSON", that's enough! But Endicott needs someone more than 'NOT BEING LINDA". He's done a bad job and plenty of people are pissed off!!!!

What am I missing here?

I assumed everyone knew it would be messy, as is any project like that.

Aren’t ppl using the back entrances and parking lots?

Personally, I avoid the Avenue b/c of the bad element all around it.

Last time I was there, some guy was walking along, screaming “FUCK Endicott” at the top of his lungs.

There was a time you couldn't log onto Facebook without seeing Mayor Nick Burlingame dining out at a different restaurant.  The Washington Avenue project has been going on for over a month and I've yet to see Burlingame post support for any Washington Ave business.  If he can't do it now for Washington Ave why was it so important to do over the last year at other restaurants in Endicott?

On 5/25/2024 at 9:57 PM, 2pelo Honey said:

What is this, an Action Jackson pile on?

I'm not saying being mayor of a small village in Upstate NY is easy in 2024, but I haven't seen anything from Burlingame since he took office.  From what I've heard there are more messes in Endicott that haven't become public yet.  

• 4 weeks later...