Ithaca Drops Electric Buses but All NYS school buses electric by 2035

thomas

• 1 month later...

New York State’s school bus fleets are going electric. By 2027, all new school buses sold will be zero-emission—and by 2035, the State will have converted its entire school bus fleet to electric school buses, or ESBs.

ESBs cost more to purchase upfront.

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Electric-School-Buses/All-About-Electric-School-Buses

• thomas changed the title to Ithaca Drops Electric Buses but All NYS school buses electric by 2035

Since I travel all over NYS for work I  can say electric vehicles are not practical for upstate. I've seen articles saying they have a hard time getting up hills even in perfect conditions. If you've ever driven a 4 cylinder gas vehicle around upstate that car will struggle too. Kathy Hochul needs to rethink it. Christ, we have the Catskills, the Adirondacks, the Appalachins and Blue Ridge bump into NY as well. 

IQ's in this state are less than.

8 hours ago, thomas said:

New York State’s school bus fleets are going electric. By 2027, all new school buses sold will be zero-emission—and by 2035, the State will have converted its entire school bus fleet to electric school buses, or ESBs.

ESBs cost more to purchase upfront.

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Electric-School-Buses/All-About-Electric-School-Buses

Riiiiiiiiiiight. That should work.