No big primary elections in BC this year, next year Tipsy Joe Mihalko faces primary election

Masty Huba

From what I'm told there are no big primary elections in Broome County this year.  But next year if he decides to run again, Tipsy Joe Mihalko will be in a Republican primary election and face a strong Democratic challenger.   It's time to clean up the BC Clerk's office!

Masty Huba , It would appear you have some personal  gripe with Mr. Mihalko? Maybe you were turned down for a job at the DMV or are a disgruntled ex-employee? The BCVoice community would love to hear, in detail, what your personal issue is......the vast majority of Broome County residents think Joe has done a great job with the DMV, it runs much better now than when his predecessor had it. Neighboring Counties have modeled their DMVs after Broome ,which to me is an ultimate compliment to the work Joe has done since taking over. The DMV employees are more knowledgeable of their jobs because they have received proper training. One of the employees said proper training was a main focus by Mr. Mihalko.  Please lists specific issues you have or keep quiet.

18 hours ago, wedgehead said:

Masty Huba , It would appear you have some personal  gripe with Mr. Mihalko? Maybe you were turned down for a job at the DMV or are a disgruntled ex-employee? The BCVoice community would love to hear, in detail, what your personal issue is......the vast majority of Broome County residents think Joe has done a great job with the DMV, it runs much better now than when his predecessor had it. Neighboring Counties have modeled their DMVs after Broome ,which to me is an ultimate compliment to the work Joe has done since taking over. The DMV employees are more knowledgeable of their jobs because they have received proper training. One of the employees said proper training was a main focus by Mr. Mihalko.  Please lists specific issues you have or keep quiet.

You are a great fiction writer!!! The employee training is horrible!!!  This spring I was at the DMV and there were 3 or 4 windows open, and none of the employees had a clue what they were doing.  Every question was referred to one person sitting behind the counter.  If you mean 1 out of every 5 employees are trained you would be correct. 

5 hours ago, Skyhawk said:

You are a great fiction writer!!! The employee training is horrible!!!  This spring I was at the DMV and there were 3 or 4 windows open, and none of the employees had a clue what they were doing.  Every question was referred to one person sitting behind the counter.  If you mean 1 out of every 5 employees are trained you would be correct. 

Not sure which DMV location you went to, but your experience is out of the ordinary. Interesting that you took the time to make explicit notes and counts during your visits, most of us don't pay attention to what others are encountering at various windows of the DMV. I frequently and primarily use the Endicott facility and have excellent service there.

6 hours ago, Skyhawk said:

I agree with you and Richard Blythe was a much better leader 

7 hours ago, Masty Huba said:

Who did Tipsy Joe Mihalko hire to fill one of his top deputy positions? One of his drinking buddies from the west side with no DMV or records management experience.

This wouldn’t surprise me one bit

1 hour ago, Bingking said:

Lol so true

Here’s another point: Who has ever had an INCREDIBLE experience at any DMV anywhere regardless who has been in charge of it? Personally, I have had (and my family has had) reasonable experiences downtown.

I mean seriously. What do people expect? Pony rides? Unicorns? Clowns tying balloon animals?

5 hours ago, The West Sider said:

Here’s another point: Who has ever had an INCREDIBLE experience at any DMV anywhere regardless who has been in charge of it? Personally, I have had (and my family has had) reasonable experiences downtown.

I mean seriously. What do people expect? Pony rides? Unicorns? Clowns tying balloon animals?

Haven't you donated to his campaign, Charlie?  Most of us on the west side don't care for Joe. 

4 hours ago, John Hope said:

Haven't you donated to his campaign, Charlie?  Most of us on the west side don't care for Joe. 

Don’t know him. Never spoken with him. Couldn’t pick him out in a crowd.

It’s irrelevant whether I (or you) ‘like’ him or not. Unless you truly enjoy hanging out at the bus station/DMV, your concern should be whether the DMV is reasonably functioning government service. It functioned under Fiala. It functioned under Blythe. And it’s functioning under Mihalko.

By what I can tell from the survey posted above, forty-four out of 197,117 residents overwhelmingly declared their disapproval with the DMV. To help boost DMV approval, I suggest we spend more government money to include free Philadelphia Sales popcorn and hot air balloon rides to make every trip to the DMV a family fun event.

On 6/19/2024 at 6:26 AM, Masty Huba said:

Who did Tipsy Joe Mihalko hire to fill one of his top deputy positions? One of his drinking buddies from the west side with no DMV or records management experience.

This must be the job you applied for and were turned away from ................... explains your grudge.