Conklin pool won't open this year

No wonder Debbie Preston is getting the hell out of Conklin, the town can't even run a pool! The town should have tested all the equipment in March or April, so if parts needed to be ordered everything would have arrived in plenty of time for pool season.  The poor children in Conklin won't have a pool this year and I'm not happy about it.

It seems really late for Conklin to determine the pool won't open this year.  As the previous poster stated, why wasn't this done during the spring? Most pools open around Memorial Day, that was six weeks ago.  I guess things move a little slower in Conklin?

44 minutes ago, Endwellian said:

It seems really late for Conklin to determine the pool won't open this year.  As the previous poster stated, why wasn't this done during the spring? Most pools open around Memorial Day, that was six weeks ago.  I guess things move a little slower in Conklin?

per The Country Courier, Conklin tried to get the pool open but Major problems could not be overcome, try as they might. They also had very few lifeguard applications, reportedly.

It appears finding funding for repairs is a big hurdle now, according to The Country Courier weekly newspaper.

It was also reported the SVHS pool is closed due to maintenance.