Pinkies BBQ just awful!

Pike & 3rd

How does Pinkies on Front St call themselves "BBQ"?  BBQ should be full of flavor...the Pinkies food has no flavor at all.  It tasted like it was made the day before and reheated.  Some of the worst food I've had in the Binghamton area. And the bread was stale.  

On 7/19/2024 at 10:26 PM, Bingking said:

Big Dipper BBQ was the best 

I haven't been out Vestal way in a while. Did they not open this year? 

23 hours ago, Jacksonx3 said:

Big Dipper BBQ (and ice cream) in Apalachin is open and thriving!  

Thanks. 🙂 I'll have to get out there before summer ends. Nothing compares to their chicken bbq. Lol, I tried! A few weeks ago Price Chopper had chicken halves on sale. I got 3 halves for around $5.00. I marinated in Lupos chicken bbq for a couple of days, threw them in a 250 oven for 4 hours..in a roasting pan, on the grate, with a little liquid smoke and water. Finished them in the broiler. Yes I  could have finished them on the grill..it was just faster to pop them in the broiler. They were falling apart good...but not as good as Big Dippers.

I'm getting pretty good at the whole bbq thing. I've even made my own bbq sauce that blows away anything I've purchased in the grocery store. I'm thinking I'm going to master charcoal grilling next. 

You can have bad food but still make money, if you're a good businessman.  And you can make money if you have good food, but you're a bad businessman.  The problem is Pinkies has bad food and is a bad business owner.  He has three food locations within a half mile on Front Street, and he doesn't own any of the properties.  The overhead on three businesses, that could all be under one roof, is outrageous.

• 3 weeks later...

Many town of Maine residents are furious Dan Napierala the owner of Pinkies is running for a seat on the Maine Town Board.  Napierala currently has two businesses going out of business and his BBQ business is struggling big time.  Worst of all..... when he was a Maine Code Enforcement officer, he was shamed into resigning, when it was exposed he was working on his BBQ restaurant instead of working for Maine, when he was being paid by the Maine taxpayers!!! Now he wants to be on the town board?  Dan is a big time loser and corrupt POS.  He lost his job in Maine for time theft, and he can't run a business.  We don't need him!!!!

The ribs had no taste, the cornbread tasted as if it was store bought and it was cold.

It seems to me the restaurant and owner have had several identity crises.  It started as a taco truck, then became a BBQ place.  Then he wanted a bakery, then he wanted a small hot dog place .  Now he wants to be on the Maine NY board.  Try focusing on ONE THING and do it right, rather than trying to do everything and doing it poorly. 

Dan is saying two of the businesses closed because of a sick family member and worker shortage.  I heard from a former employee it wasn't a worker shortage, it was a shortage of money to pay the workers.. when you don't pay your employees, they aren't going to show up.  Dan could use a little lesson in honesty and humility.