NYSEG USAGE AND RATES

QueenB

Alright, so since investigative journalism no longer exists, I'll take it upon myself to gather info.

2 days ago I opened my new NYSEG bill. Unfortunately I'm having an issue with BCV and getting an image posted so I will work on that today to get the images to you all. 

Bill from 6/26-7/26 (keep in mind it was scorched earth hot these weeks and we ran AC nonstop) total kWh used - 587. Delivery fees $20.65. Supply fees $43.22. Grand total for bill was $64.29

Bill from 7/27 - 8/26 (much cooler temps, only used the one AC unit 2x during this period) total kWh used - 2209. Delivery fees $163.53. Supply fees $156.01. Grand total for bill $322.88. 

Now for the newest billing period, we had the old meter for 23 days of the cycle and kWh usage for old meter in those 23 days was 1877. In 8 days of having the new smart meter installed it's claiming we used 332 kWh. That's a jump from 19kWh per day average last month to over 40kwh per day this month. 

WHAT IS GOING ON?! $64 to $323 IN ONE MONTH?! 

Don't tell me it's the rate hikes! This is not the rate hikes, this is my usage over quadrupling from the month prior when I know for a fact we didn't use as much as the month before. 

I have friends that are getting $800 bills, one got a $6400 bill and someone on fb posted that they got a $10k bill. 

Is anyone else having USAGE INCREASE issues? Please provide details below and if you do post an image of your bill make sure the acct # and address are covered or blacked out with marker. I really would like to get a good idea of how many people are having issues. 

• 1 month later...

Seriously people, we need to elect Trump and get rid of Hochul.

Who can live with every penny taken by the government? What the hell do we have a taxpayer funded PSC for? 

Mayor Kraham, I know the subject of municipal electric has come up before....cost analysis?