Direct Buy?

Guest Wilson

I recently called up to Direct Buy in Syracuse (the closest store) to inquire about membership.

I was told I need to come to the store and discuss it with them there.

I told them that it's an hour drive up there and asked if they would at least ball park me on the cost of membership.

They absolutely refused to discuss it over the phone.

I asked to talk to the manager and he backed up his employee and told me the same thing.

Sounds a little shady to me.

Does anyone know anything about them?

My brother belongs to direct buy and he thinks the place is great and he says he saves big bucks shopping there, but i think its a wasit of $$$ and you can get the same stuff here at the same price.

As I understand it, you pay a very high price for membership but if your building a home or in the home building/remodeling buisness you will save the cost of your membership. (Kinda like Sams/BJ's).

Guest weinermobile

It's my understanding that it's around $4,000 to join. If you are purchasing in quantity (building a home), there may be a savings for purchasing furniture, cabinetry, etc. However that is a pretty substantial membership fee and would that really offset the savings....

I work in the construction business and have seen people use direct buy. On more than one occasion people had several items either damaged or missing parts and had a very difficult time getting replacments. Some of the products had to be re-purchased with no refund on the damaged ones.

Archived