Not for Profits Rule!

Guest super duper positive

Guest super duper positive

Without them, there would be no great community events, so they need every service from the city paid for by the taxpayers. Anyone that doesn't think so is negative, the worst thing you can be in this area.

So, please be positive, and pay for everything non-profits need. They are all volunteers, and make no money.

Silly me then - my mistake. But you can understand how someone might draw the wrong conclusions, right, based on the fact that all the people involved - the state senator, the new chairman (and senator's longtime employee), the old chairman (and former mayoral candidate, and now executive director), and building manager (and former campaign worker for the mayoral candidate who is now his boss at the theatre, and part-time worker for the state senator, and who draws a paycheque signed by the senator's longtime employee, who is also chairman of the theatre's board) - seem to be involved with each other in a number of ways, some of them related to the theatre's operation using public funds and some of them partisan political work.

So, as a non-employee, Naima Kradjian signed all the theatre's filings with the IRS since at least 2002, founded and was chairman of the project since 2000, but didn't hire you (that was done during her absence, by the longtime employee of the state senator to whom you donate your time and who is now chairman of the theatre's board). All above board. Excellent.

I can only hope that this is an example of the kind of transparence you will bring to your job at the CCA. Tally-ho!

Guest super +++

How can we have a great community without great community events? Everyone knows that non-profits provide great community events, so why are some people so negative about these groups? They are all volunteers and make no money. That is why they are called not for profit.

Guest Super Duper Guest
How can we have a great community without great community events? Everyone knows that non-profits provide great community events, so why are some people so negative about these groups? They are all volunteers and make no money. That is why they are called not for profit.

Can you tell me what great community events they have sponsored?

Guest super +++++
Can you tell me what great community events they have sponsored?

Catholic Charities sponsors the Speidi Fest, a super great community event. They are all volunteers and make no money. That is why they are called non-profit.

These groups are by far the most positive, because they are all volunteers and make no money. Only they can provide the great community events that make us such a great community. So, don't be negative. Keep paying fully for every city service these groups need, and think nice thoughts about it. That's positive!

How could anyone ever question whether these all volunteer groups that make no money get every city service they need for free? They are non-profit, which means they make no money and are all volunteer. That makes them superior to people trying to make money and that have to pay taxes and other fees for services.

Anyone even thinking about asking such a question is thinking the wrong kind of thoughts, and being negative, the worst possible thing anyone in this area could be, instead of being positive, the best thing to be.

Archived